Thread: Podtoid 1-75

Podtoid 1-75

Hello there internet demigods. I was refered to this from Escapist forums and it does seem like a cool site. But i wanted to listen to those hailed Podtoids, but being obsessive as i am i want to start from number 1. That proved to be difficult as i navigated though the labyrinth that you call main site and found myself in circles. The podtoid list has no download or listen buttons, and the only buttons lead to lybsinc, but that only has the last, like 7 episodes on. so after 2 hours (i kid you not) of fighting with this sites deisgn i decided to google, and found this site that lists all episodes listenable 76-237, however it is still missing the first 75 episodes that i would love to listen to.
    So am i just a dumb idiot who cant find an obvious feature to listen to those or are they really gone and i am just spoiled by escapist allowing you to listen to all old podcasts of theirs with no probem....

P.S. i see a lot of "itunes" thrown around here, i dont use that so anything suggesting this wont work.
    P.S. 2: i just noticed that my post has autosaved while writting it, this is awesome idea and never saw that before.

Admin / Midget King
    http://www.4shared.com/folder/SXTYV5Yw/Podtoid.html

zeekthegeek has collected the first 80 eps on his 4shared, link was in the sticky thread. Keep in mind some of the eps may be very short or incomplete, but this is pretty much the only option around. Also, the early Podtoids are nothing like the later eps so keep your expectations lowered.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Yeah I went looking to check what c-blog it was that found a good deal and it was basically that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    http://www.4shared.com/folder/SXTYV5Yw/Podtoid.html

zeekthegeek has collected the first 80 eps on his 4shared, link was in the sticky thread. Keep in mind some of the eps may be very short or incomplete, but this is pretty much the only option around. Also, the early Podtoids are nothing like the later eps so keep your expectations lowered.
    I was aware of the sticky thread, however when i clicked on the links there they were either obsolete or led me to an empty folder named podtoid. Your link however has seems to have files in it that does play. I understand from posts i read previously that this is the best you've got with those small podcasts, although being a hoarder it amazes me how noone managed to save them up.
    Thank you very much for posting the correct link, i'll be sure to listen to them.

This also look like a cool forum, i may end up staying up in the community. Yay for fresh meat?

Admin / Midget King
    You're welcome! It was in that thread, just a few pages in. You should make an intro thread in the Meet & Greet section so people can get to know you better.

Currently at work listening to Number 5 and yeah the whole "skype noises in background" and lagging out does feel so 2006 but thats when the stuff was recorded anyway. and form the talk i understand they did it live, so thats even harder to do.
    So far its good background noise for monotonous work indeed.
    I did post on how i found destructoid post yesterday, but ill try and remember making an introduction when i get home.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Actually, I beg to differ. The old podtoid was exactly like the new one. Particularly the NEX and Leigh Alexander episodes. They're like the greatest unrequited love caught on tape that I've heard. I love those.

One of the old Podtoids, I think #7 cause a big stink that isn't talked about. I forget why or how much trouble was involved, but I still mention it anyway.

I like that you're enthusiastic enough about Destructoid to listen to all the podcasts. They don't make Stella Wong's anymore.

If you like the old shows and the new ones, look up Podcastle, the EU/UK-based podcast that Jim Sterling hosted a couple of years back. It's an interesting mid-point between the 'old' Podtoid and 'new' Podtoid, with a couple more voices which were quite important to Dtoid at the time.

Podcastle is what Podtoid became. It is the same show, just with a lady and another man instead of Jonathan Holmes.

Spunk on Holme's face? He would never do consulting work for a company, then write a review of their games. Would he?

I do often wonder which of Lauren/Wardrox best correlates to Holmes/Conrad. There was a lot of spunking on Lauren's face, but there was also Two Little Boys And The Necropenis Swapmeet...