Thread: '--' hello

'--' hello

never liked introductions, it's always better when you already know the person to avoid the "awkward".

anyhoo, I don't really do much as I have finished a games design degree. So I figured hey, dtoid looks fun.

Well, we DO like introductions.

Tell us a bit about yourself my man. Favorite games/consoles? Why does your shift key only work 33% of the time? Is there a story there? Have you ever punched an animal? DETAILS. DELICIOUS DETAILS.

Welcome to the Forums.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Welcome to the forums.

Mind providing anymore details to how you found Dtoid? Any game interests (it already seems that you enjoy DMC)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Well, we DO like introductions.

Tell us a bit about yourself my man. Favorite games/consoles? Why does your shift key only work 33% of the time? Is there a story there? Have you ever punched an animal? DETAILS. DELICIOUS DETAILS.

Welcome to the Forums.
    So many questions and thanks for the welcome.

My favourite console right now is probably ps3, though I barely touch the damn thing due to excessive use of steam. Favourite series would be Devil May Cry, Silent Hill, Hitman, most Valve titles and I seem to have a compulsion to try each and every f2p mmo I find.

I would never punch an animal, though if I had to it would probably be those yappy little dogs that never ever seem to run out of annoying noises to make. I still probably wouldn't punch it however, the guilt would overcome by being and render me depressed for many months.

I hope that's enough details, I am sure I can deliver more if you are still hungry for some delicious d33tz.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    I feel that intros are awkward because sometimes people just don't care. But we do, because we're better people here. <3

How often do you eskimo kiss? Give me an eskimo kiss? Welcome home.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Welcome. Whats your favorite Hitman? I'd have to say Blood Money for me. Absolution is great and all, plus I'll always have a soft spot for 2 and Contracts, but Blood Money I felt, made it modern, while retaining everything I love about the series.

Pwnd
    Can you live up to the high standard set by Rocket Angel T?

If so, welcome to the forums
    If not, don't worry about it, welcome to the forums anyway

Eskimo kisses are a past time of mine, so...alot. Everyone should partake in an Eskimo kiss at least once. There's no life fulfillment otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Welcome. Whats your favorite Hitman? I'd have to say Blood Money for me. Absolution is great and all, plus I'll always have a soft spot for 2 and Contracts, but Blood Money I felt, made it modern, while retaining everything I love about the series.
    2 defiantly remains my favourite, though blood money and contracts are pretty epic. I actually wrote a short story for a class in high school based on the hotel level from 2, I can't specifically remember the name of it but it involved killing the dude while he's bathing it up. There was also a random haunted room which used to creep the hell out of me. Damn I should replay that game.

I do love absolution, the fluidity and flashyness is something I have completely fallen in love with, but it defiantly feels different, not as replayable.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Hey there. I just finished a game design program as well. Are you planning on going indie or the studio route? What areas of development are you interested in?

Welcome to the forums!

Only time I ever went to Manchester it was a barren Arctic tundra with few signs of life. Has anything changed? Is there colour in the North yet? Where did you study? Are you hoping to enter the industry? What was the last f2p MMO you compulsively played?

Welcome!

Also I just looked you up on Steam, you know Grant and Shauni? I guess you were on the same course.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Welcome.

To reply to both of you :

Manchester is even worse now, there's barely any shops and with our constant grey sky (had it for about 3-4 months now) it's pretty...depressing to say the least. I pretty much stopped going to the town centre, there's nothing to do but weep at the state of society.

anddd I am hoping I can get in an indie studio to begin with but if I ever get the chance to work with a bigger studio then I would probably go for it (pending on situations of course), I am currently juggling a few personal projects to make my portfolio seem more interesting. (if you are curious my course was a waste of 3.5 years, it actually took time away from me trying to learn...because the tutors just no nothing, or very little /rant) I have primarily trained in level design, but I don't think I have enough of the skills yet to class me as one (thanks uni). I am also delving in games art, I am loving the maya/mudbox combination atm. I guess I am focusing more on weapon designs for the time being, and incorporating them within any levels I make.

And yep, I know Shauni & Grant, more so Shauni due to being in most of the same classes. Gals doing well for herself in Scotland I believe.

and thanks for any welcomes I missed. You guys give a damn, feels good.!

EDIT:
    I missed the mmo question, my bad. I was playing Forsaken World for quite some time at the end of last year, it sort of played itself so it was good for some very casual play, but you level up far too fast (i was level 30 within a few hours) and then it just slows down to the point where you have to pay to level up.

I am about to retry POE as it's in open beta. I did try to play Wizardry last night but couldn't get past the login.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Welcome to the 'toid. I love you.

Yeah they're in Edinburgh now, lucky sorts. I'd love to live and work there. I think. Sounds to me like self learning will be pretty important if Uni didn't do you much good, hit those personal projects hard!

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Daata6 View Post
    Eskimo kisses are a past time of mine, so...alot. Everyone should partake in an Eskimo kiss at least once. There's no life fulfillment otherwise.

2 defiantly remains my favourite, though blood money and contracts are pretty epic. I actually wrote a short story for a class in high school based on the hotel level from 2, I can't specifically remember the name of it but it involved killing the dude while he's bathing it up. There was also a random haunted room which used to creep the hell out of me. Damn I should replay that game.

I do love absolution, the fluidity and flashyness is something I have completely fallen in love with, but it defiantly feels different, not as replayable.
    You're good people. God, I played that hotel level ALL the time back in the day. One of my favorite missions from the series.