Thread: A New Challenger :P

[Level 2: Human] Stupid Name Guy's Avatar

A New Challenger :P

Greetings. I am Stupid Name Guy, or Brandon, if you wish. Brandon is not a particularly stupid name, but what is my name referring to? That is a mystery. . . not a particularly interesting one. XD

I am just a chubby young man who likes video games and Destructoid, particularly it's community, which does not seem to be comprised by mostly trolls or sociopaths, which is a wonderful thing. I am currently playing through Digital Devil Saga, Skyrim.

Also, the "Fresh Meat" image reminds me of Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. I don't know why, it just does.

THE MR.E BIRD
    OH HEY YOU FROM NEW JERSEY HOW'S IT HANGING?

Destructoid's trolls and sociopaths are popular features it seems, rather than being the majority. Skyrim is fun, what's the largest amount of skin you've shown in public? Welcome!

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Name Guy View Post
    I am just a chubby young man who likes video games and Destructoid, particularly it's community, which does not seem to be comprised by mostly trolls or sociopaths, which is a wonderful thing.
    Fixed that for you. Welcome.

Pwnd
    You got a Mark Dacascos avatar. Dude. That guy was amazing in Drive. And the Crow TV show.

Welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 01-26-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: i add links to things sometimes just because i can

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    OH HEY YOU FROM NEW JERSEY HOW'S IT HANGING?

Destructoid's trolls and sociopaths are popular features it seems, rather than being the majority. Skyrim is fun, what's the largest amount of skin you've shown in public? Welcome!
    NEW JOIZEY, BROSKI.

As long as it's not the majority, that's fine by me! XD

In public? Besides my face and lower legs in the summer, not much. Not terribly fine with showing my gut everywhere. I am not too fat either. :P

The Chairman always makes me laugh! I didn't feel like using my avatar of Kaneda making a silly face, the one I use on the main site.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Hey, there are plenty of sociopaths here. We're just the cool kind. (yes, I know the joke's already been made, but fuck yo originality)

Yo, what's your favourite game? What sort of TV, books and movies you into?

My favorites games. . . I dunno. It's really hard to think about. Usually when that topic comes to mind it is LoZ: Majora's Mask. It's definitely one of Nintendo's strongest creative efforts, at least to me. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean might be a good contender as well; it's such a beautiful game, so much so the voice acting doesn't really bother me. To be honest, I kinda like it. The voices are at their worst in the opening cutscene, after that, you are pretty much in the clear. Importing the official soundtrack was worth it to me, especially as someone who wants to start collecting CD's.

I haven't been watching TV as much as I used to, at least not as consistently. These days I am either watching Cartoon Network, The Daily Show or The Colbert Report, or Jeopardy. Well, the Food Network too, my avatar should be a giveaway.

Speaking of Jon Stewart, I am reading America: The Book currently, and it is absolutely glorious. Humor books are always the way to go for me.

My music tastes are very mixed; video game music, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, quite a bit of rap music as well. As I type this I am listening to the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. Fantaaaastic. XD

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    I always wondered why it was called New Jersey. Where exactly is old Jersey?

Welcome.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Now my head has officially exploded.

The best way to learn about Jersey? Watch Bergerac:

THE MR.E BIRD
    Pretty much everything on the North East coast is unoriginal in name.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    Now my head has officially exploded.
    Usually the only people who are surprised aren't from New Jersey, I noticed. It's not that that they know already, absolutely not, no one over here seems to question it. I dunno, just what I noticed.

Silly Americans have always been unoriginal. :P

Well, to be fair most places in other countries are unoriginally named, it's just they were unoriginally named like a thousand years ago, and we obviously use different languages or the same language differently now so it doesn't show as much. I think if you look at a lot of Anglo-Saxon place names, for example, it's basically just all 'on river', or 'something-hill'.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Welcome. If he still lives there, could you kill Bon Jovi.

Hell invent a time machine and go back and do it so we never have to hear it again.