Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crysis 3

[Level 8: Skynet]

Crysis 3

Open beta starting next week. Who's with me?

[Level 5: Mech]
    The Beta is pretty awesome so far. It improves on Crysis 2 in like...every way, and while this is only 2 maps...these 2 are worlds better than Halo 4's.

Downloading now.

What system are you playing on?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I actually liked Crysis 2's multiplayer, is 3 looking legit better?

Definitely. At least for me. I didn't like a lot about 2 but 3 is looking way better imo. Honestly kind of debating trading in Halo 4 for it at this point in time.

And I'm on 360.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Cool. I'll have to try it out then!

I'm playing on PS3.

The Good:
    -Hunter mode is really fun.
    -The maps are very well-designed
    -Love the new multiplayer character models. Always hated the ones in 2.

The Bad:
    -The game looks and performs worse than 2, at least on PS3. Textures are embarrassingly low-res and the framerate dips down to the mid to high 10s when things get too busy. I was willing to forgive Crytek for the choppiness of the second game since it was their first console title and figured by the time the third one rolled out they'd have worked out all the kinks in the engine but I guess that never happened.

Still need some more time with it. All I can say is the game definitely needs a lot of patching. A lot.

A lot of it may have something to do with it being a demo download as well. Trying to fit it all into 1.5 gigs or so may have caused them to downgrade some things. I haven't noticed and framerate drops or anything though, my only real complaint so far is just some balancing issues. The Bow feels slightly underpowered for what it is, though I know why it would be since you can fire it like 2-3 times remaining in stealth. That and the Feline still feels broken as hell.

Hunter mode is the best thing since sliced bread.
    I never ever doubted Crysis 2 Multiplayer (It's solid Free Radical work.) Crysis 3 MP is, like, improving in every way and form.

But I just can't justify the $60 for MP that will most likely die, let alone play it on PS3...

I'm just worried Crytek are going to abandon the game after one or two measly patches like they did with Crysis 2.

More Good/Bad stuffs:

Good:
    -The butt of the weapons no longer clip into the character models shoulder in the create-a-class menu which was something that really, really annoyed me in 2.
    -The bow is awesome. 'Nuff said.
    -I like the more low-key menu theme in this game. The bombastic Hans Zimmer music in 2 always gave me a headache.

Bad:
    -Like I said, the game still has a lot of he same CryEngine kinks their previous console releases had. Jerky character animations (The Pingers are particularly jerky and awkward-looking), late or nonexistant sound effects, and buggy reloading animations that cycle through too fast.
    -No Grendel. Also the SCAR and SCARAB are no longer separate weapons. I know they were essentially the same weapon but I liked the look of the SCAR.

Undecided:
    -Not sure if I like the series' Halo-ish approach to it's weapons in that it essentially keeps the exact same guns from the previous game and only introducing (and subtracting) and handful of new ones for the sequel. I mean I like the guns but a new shotgun or SMG would have been nice.
    -Not sure if I miss the K-Volt or not.
    Last edited by Gorilla Gravy; 01-30-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    -No Grendel. Also the SCAR and SCARAB are no longer separate weapons. I know they were essentially the same weapon but I liked the look of the SCAR.
    Kind of doubt this is the extent of the weapons in the full game, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I heard these may be just the weapons available for the beta. Might be a few more in the retail version.

I'm still on the fence about getting this. I'm finding it hard to believe any of the issues in the beta will be fixed by release date. People say it's old code since you have to submit this kind of thing to MS and Sony months in advance so a lot of the issues may already be fixed and whatnot but after Crysis 2 and the sub-par post-launch support it got I find it hard to be optimistic about anything when it comes to these games.

yeah, those little pop-up tips mentioned the k-volt so that definitely hints at more weapons in the full retail release.

Unlocked the bow.

Shit just got real.

[Level 2: Human]
    This game is coming out after my birthday Can't wait!

Beta ends today FYI.

I'll probably still end up getting the game at launch despite my criticisms.

Honkey Kong

All my complaints about the demo still stand for the full release. Game looks and performs like ass. I was really hoping after 2 games Crytek would have better optimized their console releases but it looms like they're still content to just cram as much unneeded graphical features into the game no matter how badly it affects the gameplay. The game only really looks good when you're standing still and nothing is happening.

Still, multiplayer can be a blast. Here's hoping they rerelease the game for PS4.

Haha, I only just got my PC running the first Crysis on high (not even full) settings so I look forward to playing this in 5 or so years .

It does look incredible on PC, makes me wonder if Crytek will be the forerunners of photorealistic graphics in games?

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    If you can play Crysis on high, you should be able to play this on medium with a decent frame rate. Also the bow is super fun.