Thread: Phoenix Comicon 2013

Wolf Master

Phoenix Comicon 2013

Hey guys! I know I can never convince you people to come to the middle of the desert, but perhaps this year that will change?

http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/

It's not very game-centric, but they usually do have one conference room dedicated to videogames, and a huge foyer dedicated to board games! As a bonus for trusted Dtoiders who would plan to come to this, my wife and I have room for several people to sleep, so no hotel would be necessary. We don't live near downtown Phoenix where the convention center is, but we're not far from a light rail station, and you can take the light rail on about a 45 minute ride to the convention center.

Anybody interested?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I'm local, so I'll be there... but I'm also a n00b, so who gives a shit?

Bye-bye, we love you.
    Hey, it's a chance to get to know other Dtoiders IRL. Take advantage of the opportunity. Everyone was a noob at one point.

Wolf Master
    Seriously, man. We have a small group of people here who hang out and play videogames every so often. You could maybe join us! Just don't throw us out of windows.

I'm down. I'm strictly a console gamer right now, though... and not much of acompetitive player either (not enough spare time to train at it). But I'm always looking for some co-op partners or teammates... between Aliens: Colonial Marines and Gears Of War: Judgement, there's plenty of aliens to shoot in the next couple of months.

Frodo Bangins
    Once you meet people it really changes the dynamic of being a noob to just these guys being your friends. Have fun! Enjoy!

Yeah, I'm a local (and new around here) and i'm going to go.hooray, or something.

how's this work out, then?

Wolf Master
    Well, it sounds like there are only a few of us going, but when it gets closer to time I'll let you guys know where I'm at. (Probably in the board game area.) In the meantime, make sure you get your pass, and try to coax some out of towners to come for this! I sort of wish it were a few months earlier, so we could say, "Hey, leave your cold ass city and come to Phoenix while the weather is beautiful!" Most people will think it's too hot by the time this comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Well, it sounds like there are only a few of us going, but when it gets closer to time I'll let you guys know where I'm at. (Probably in the board game area.) In the meantime, make sure you get your pass, and try to coax some out of towners to come for this! I sort of wish it were a few months earlier, so we could say, "Hey, leave your cold ass city and come to Phoenix while the weather is beautiful!" Most people will think it's too hot by the time this comes around.
    as of this moment, it is still snowing in Idaho (where I'm from). Still. lol.

so, at least going on sunday, i think. any plans or anything still happening?

I'll be wandering around on Saturday. Creeping on all the cosplayers and doing my best Michael Shannon/Dennis Hopper "crazy eyes" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    I'll be wandering around on Saturday. Creeping on all the cosplayers and doing my best Michael Shannon/Dennis Hopper "crazy eyes" thing.
    <---- be wandering around saturday lookin' like this.

Wolf Master
    I'm still planning on going and spending most of my time in the videogame and tabletop gaming areas. I won't be in any sort of cosplay, but if you see me (I look like the guy in my avatar, who is me, probably), feel free to stop by for some gaming.

I think Destructoid member Meanderbot is getting a hotel room for this, so he'll be there too.

15. 05-24-2013, 12:56 PM

Wolf Master
    I'm heading over there now. Wearing an orange shirt in the gaming areas.