Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Meet me, the next ruler of the App Store gaming market

  1. #21
    Pow! Right in the kisser!
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Death Row
    Posts
    13,642
    *AHEM!*

    My birthday just passed, and I was promised a free game!

  2. #22
    Admin / Midget King
    Aaron Mxy Yost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Flying blind on a rocket cycle
    Posts
    13,167
    Haha, looks like it's still being polished up.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonRevenge View Post
    Welcome!

    Your game looks sweet. Planning a PC release for it? I'd give it a go if you did. I'd actually pay more like $10 to experience it on PC.

    I think it'd be worth the time to adapt it for PC.
    Yes, I'll probably release it for PC/Mac. It's not too much effort and the game is actually pretty cool to play on a big screen.
    It'll come after the Android version though (which means I'll probably also port it for Ouya).

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    *AHEM!*

    My birthday just passed, and I was promised a free game!
    Yes yes, well, the answer almost looks like the script of a cheap soap opera, but here it goes.

    Frank (the game's main character) is having some father issues. See below:

    mortok00.jpg


    And Mortok (the bad guy, Frank's presumed father) is having some light saber erection issues:

    mortok01.jpg


    Since Pappa=Daddy and a quick search around Destructoid's forums reveals that you also have some penile related issues, I decided to fix the issue with drugs, something that after seeing your many avatars, I'm sure you're also familiar with:

    mortok02.jpg mortok03.jpg

    In the end, with the help of friends, firearms and melee weapons, Mortok was able to overcome his problems (although he ends up dead, after Frank defeats him).


    So, Pappa Dukes, don't be afraid to ask for help. I'm sure that many people around here will be glad to chip in, so that we can get you a box of counterfeited red Viagra pills.


    Ah, I almost forgot:

    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Pappas with erectile disfunction,
    Happy birthday to you


    I hope this justification is sufficient You'll be the first one to play the Android version. If you have an iDevice give me your UDID and you'll be one of the first to play the iOS version.

    See ya!

    Alex

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    *AHEM!*

    My birthday just passed, and I was promised a free game!
    Damn... I previously answered your post with so much care and apparently it got lost.

    Could an admin take look to see what happened to my previous answer to this post, the one that mentions PappaDukes penis?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hey!! I no longer have a steak face!

  6. #26
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    BadStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,768
    Congrats on no longer being meaty! I'll definitely give this a try when the Android version is out.

  7. #27
    Admin / Midget King
    Aaron Mxy Yost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Flying blind on a rocket cycle
    Posts
    13,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Whiz View Post
    Damn... I previously answered your post with so much care and apparently it got lost.

    Could an admin take look to see what happened to my previous answer to this post, the one that mentions PappaDukes penis?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hey!! I no longer have a steak face!
    I'm seeing it fine. Maybe your browser didn't refresh immediately?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    I'm seeing it fine. Maybe your browser didn't refresh immediately?
    Yes, it's ok now. It wasn't appearing after a few hours. Perhaps it had something to do with my evolution from meat to human

  9. #29
    Pow! Right in the kisser!
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Death Row
    Posts
    13,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Whiz View Post
    Yes yes, well, the answer almost looks like the script of a cheap soap opera, but here it goes.

    Frank (the game's main character) is having some father issues. See below:

    mortok00.jpg


    And Mortok (the bad guy, Frank's presumed father) is having some light saber erection issues:

    mortok01.jpg


    Since Pappa=Daddy and a quick search around Destructoid's forums reveals that you also have some penile related issues, I decided to fix the issue with drugs, something that after seeing your many avatars, I'm sure you're also familiar with:

    mortok02.jpg mortok03.jpg

    In the end, with the help of friends, firearms and melee weapons, Mortok was able to overcome his problems (although he ends up dead, after Frank defeats him).


    So, Pappa Dukes, don't be afraid to ask for help. I'm sure that many people around here will be glad to chip in, so that we can get you a box of counterfeited red Viagra pills.


    Ah, I almost forgot:

    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Pappas with erectile disfunction,
    Happy birthday to you


    I hope this justification is sufficient You'll be the first one to play the Android version. If you have an iDevice give me your UDID and you'll be one of the first to play the iOS version.

    See ya!

    Alex
    O_O

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    O_O
    This is just my mind connecting the dots between the game, some random post of yours here in Destructoid where you were saying you'd stick your penis somewhere, and all the other stuff floating around my rather big head.

    Sometimes I connect too many dots at once... I think that's the definition of some sort of mental illness

    Anyway, you'll be glad(?) to know that much of my crazyness made it into the game... in the 4th level you'll be able to kill lawyers and bankers.

  11. #31
    Pow! Right in the kisser!
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Death Row
    Posts
    13,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Whiz View Post
    some random post of yours here in Destructoid where you were saying you'd stick your penis somewhere
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Yeah, that sounds like me.

  12. #32
    Guys and gals, I need more beta testers. Some of Fangz' beta testers are saying the game is too hard, and I need more beta testers to assert this. Please apply if you're not a wooss. Send an email to support at gamewhizzes.com with your device's UDID (iOS only for now).

  13. #33
    Fangz was submitted to Apple three days ago and should be in the app store next week! It'll also have a simultaneous Android release


    Here are the game's trailers:




    Cheers,
    Alex

    P.S.- PappaDukes, I'll PM you with your free copy next week
    Last edited by Game Whiz; 04-12-2013 at 04:41 AM.

  14. #34
    Admin / Midget King
    Aaron Mxy Yost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Flying blind on a rocket cycle
    Posts
    13,167
    Awesome, looking forward to it!

  15. #35
    The press release I just.. well. released

    Upcoming iOS/Android game shows how a regular Joe solves global economic crisis while also saving family

    In an effort to resolve two of the world’s biggest problems: the global economy and vampires, the creative minds at Game Whizzes have developed a new game called “Fangz”.This iOS/Android compatible, “instructional interface” follows the exploits of Frank, an average guy who combats lawyers, investment bankers, and other sunlight-intolerant bloodsuckers.
    "At Game Whizzes we take our social responsibilities seriously,” said CEO, Alexandre Ribeiro. “We sat down and thought hard on what we could do to assist those most affected by the severe economic downturn we're going through. After almost two years of development time, we're proud to say that we found a solution…”


    Based on the game’s recent trailer videos ( http://youtu.be/qCuYxL2Lng8 and http://youtu.be/x6-5D6IkD5E), die-hard fans of Team Edward and Team Jacob had better make way for Team Frank. And don’t be fooled by his looks either. Frank’s girth might result in his own rendition of a “new moon” should he bend over, but that just means he’s large and in charge. Brooding eyes and sexy abs are like bringing a water pistol to a gun fight compared to the arsenal of melee weapons, firearms, and a simple bowl of beans Frank has at his disposal, as he rescues his family from an army of vampires while simultaneously eliminating those secretly responsible for the world’s economic woes—greedy, bloodthirsty lawyers and investment bankers (working at “Ghouldman Sucks”).
    Fangz is available now, for iOS and Android, in a normal (up to retina definition in phones) and HD (up to retina in tablet devices) versions, both at $.99.


    iOS:
    Fangz: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fang...3712?ls=1&mt=8
    Fangz HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fang...0990?ls=1&mt=8
    Android:
    Fangz: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewhizzes.fangz
    Fangz HD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hizzes.fangzHD




    Game Whizzes was founded by Alexandre Ribeiro and is based in Portugal. For more information, go to their website at http://gamewhizzes.com or contact them directly at news@gamewhizzes.com.
    A press kit is available at http://gamewhizzes.com/PressKit.zip

  16. #36
    I know this is probably asking a lot, but since I think Fangz is the best game of its genre in the mobile space, here it goes:

    How can I get a review for Fangz in Destructoid? I was looking through the main page and saw no contact form whatsoever.

  17. #37
    [Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    PhilKenSebben's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sacksofmenyo
    Posts
    6,797
    I'm not a Destructoid employee, but if provided a copy for Android and it's as good as you say, I'll feature you on the handheld/mobile part of my podcast I do with several community members and if you want, we could do a contest too. We are really into promoting indies and doing giveaways and such, but I only talk up stuff I play and I feel deserves it. I can forward your request on to someone though. I do be knowing how to bug certain peeps. Anywas, here's a link to our show/blog: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/LowerTierPodcast

  18. #38
    Admin / Midget King
    Aaron Mxy Yost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Flying blind on a rocket cycle
    Posts
    13,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Whiz View Post
    I know this is probably asking a lot, but since I think Fangz is the best game of its genre in the mobile space, here it goes:

    How can I get a review for Fangz in Destructoid? I was looking through the main page and saw no contact form whatsoever.
    Email jim[@]destructoid.com, he's the reviews editor and the guy you want to contact.

    Bought the tablet version for Android and have been playing it for a bit. This is some fun stuff. Graphics are very nice, gore is ridiculous, and it controls well. Leveling and cash for weapon upgrades come frequently enough to satisfy, and pleased there's no real money in-app purchase crap. A minor quibble is it'd be nice to be able to exit the app from the title menu via the back button, right now I have to tab out and close the app manually. Well done, I'll probably be playing this a lot. Will pimp it on the next Communitoid we record.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    I'm not a Destructoid employee, but if provided a copy for Android and it's as good as you say, I'll feature you on the handheld/mobile part of my podcast I do with several community members and if you want, we could do a contest too. We are really into promoting indies and doing giveaways and such, but I only talk up stuff I play and I feel deserves it. I can forward your request on to someone though. I do be knowing how to bug certain peeps. Anywas, here's a link to our show/blog: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/LowerTierPodcast
    Thank you! Anything that mentions Geriatric Gapers is the right place for Fangz

    Please do bug all the peeps you know. I'm going to see how I can offer you the game. It would be easier in iOS, since I can issue promo codes, but I have no idea on how to do that in Google Play. I'll get back to you once I discover.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Email jim[@]destructoid.com, he's the reviews editor and the guy you want to contact.

    Bought the tablet version for Android and have been playing it for a bit. This is some fun stuff. Graphics are very nice, gore is ridiculous, and it controls well. Leveling and cash for weapon upgrades come frequently enough to satisfy, and pleased there's no real money in-app purchase crap. A minor quibble is it'd be nice to be able to exit the app from the title menu via the back button, right now I have to tab out and close the app manually. Well done, I'll probably be playing this a lot. Will pimp it on the next Communitoid we record.
    Thanks Aaron. I also got the back button hint from other people. I'll do it in the next update. I'm still way to accustomed to iOS.

    And thanks for Jim's contact. I just emailed him and begged on my knees for a review. Hopefully he's a kind person and won't have me institutionalised.

  20. #40
    Pow! Right in the kisser!
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Death Row
    Posts
    13,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Whiz View Post
    P.S.- PappaDukes, I'll PM you with your free copy next week
    That would be amazing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •