Thread: Oh look, a black guy!

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] HAIDO HATO's Avatar

Oh look, a black guy!

Yup. I'm black indeed. Not the dark chocolate kind. More like the caramel "this flavor of candy is so good, that we only sell them once every year and pull them from the shelves whenever you want seconds" kind of black.

Okay, a more about me since I'm pretty sure that description came off as pretty shallow.

My name is Bryan. I'm a 23 year old senior currently attending University of Houston. I'll be graduating in June with a BA in journalism.

On my spare time I like to grip my Xbox 360 controller for 6 plus hours and add entires to my mock AP Stylebook for video game journalism. I'm hoping to release that soon to the public once I talk to the publisher.

Anyways, I've been also looking for some staff editorial and copy editing jobs for several publications, especially those within game media. I've got several resumes that I'm ready to mail out.

So, I'm a writer, I play games and I'm black. That's me in a nutshell.

Nice to meet you all.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    What up dude! I'm Mike. 31, father of two (solo like Van Peebles) and a mutt (mexiraniwhite). Pleasure to meet you.

Beast Master
    Howdy caramel dude!

Do you worry about getting a good job since you go to school in Texas, or do you have a driver's license?

[Level 6: Robot]
    So caramel writer-man, what kind of games do you like to play for all them hours?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Howdy caramel dude!

Do you worry about getting a good job since you go to school in Texas, or do you have a driver's license?
    Honestly, I've been on my toes. I know a couple of fellow colleagues who work for city newspapers and magazines. I'm just hoping I get hired on as a copy editor, at least. If I find a good start. I should have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee
    So caramel writer-man, what kind of games do you like to play for all them hours?
    Borderlands 2 has been in my Xbox 360 for quite a few months. If they release any more downloadable content, I might just start jumping off walls.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Kill it with fire!

Nice intro, not often I see people taking the academic route to Video Games Journalism. What kind of games do you like to play to enjoy and not because you want to review them? Welcome!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Welcome.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAIDO HATO View Post
    More like the caramel "this flavor of candy is so good, that we only sell them once every year and pull them from the shelves whenever you want seconds" kind of black.
    BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fantastic.

Welcome aboard.

never met a caramel colored person before. Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Kill it with fire!

Nice intro, not often I see people taking the academic route to Video Games Journalism. What kind of games do you like to play to enjoy and not because you want to review them? Welcome!
    I'm big on just about any title that Square-Enix tends to dish out these days.

Genre wise, I prefer fighting and role playing games.