Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ...

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    ...I was deliberately underselling myself. For humor. Thought someone would play along. MY BAD, GUYS!

In a weird way, I think this was probably the most appropriate introduction to the Destructoid Forums for me.

THE DESTRUCTOID FORUMS: WE TAKE YOUR QUESTIONABLE USE OF ELLIPSIS SERIOUSLY, BRO.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    THE DESTRUCTOID FORUMS: WE TAKE YOUR QUESTIONABLE USE OF ELLIPSIS SERIOUSLY, BRO.
    You've got us there, that's for sure.

I'll welcome you with open arms.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    ...Does this mean you enjoy video games? If so, which ones? (Humor's great, but effort is better. Welcome otherwise.)

I do play The Games... as this is a gaming website and it'd be a little silly for me to come in and hang out for any other reason. I usually gravitate towards anything on a console that tells a good story or anything odd and off the beaten path... though I make time for the occasional AAA series. I'm currently playing Metro 2033 to prep for Metro: Last Light. I just recently finished Vanquish and Binary Domain. I have three games in the Yakuza series (including Yakuza: Dead Souls, which is bananacakes) lined up for whenever I have free time in-between Aliens: Colonial Marines, Gears Of War: Judgement and BioShock: Infinite in the next couple of months.

(Also, humor requires effort. Probably more than just some dry list of interests. Ipso facto, I made an effort.)

[Level 3: Humanoid] The-TrickyAcid's Avatar
    I'm still new too but meh. As far as it goes from that list of games. I'm a huge Gears of War fan, however I'm still a bit unsure about Judgement. Bioshock: Infinite I'll be most definitely picking up.

Anyway, welcome.

humor requires effort. Probably more than just some dry list of interests. Ipso facto, I made an effort.
    He means an effort to engage with us, if you don't say anything in your intro we have nothing to work with and it makes it seem as though you don't care. Also, there's no dichotomy at play, you don't have to choose between a dry list of interests or 'humour', plenty of people write detailed intros that are humorous aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    He means an effort to engage with us, if you don't say anything in your intro we have nothing to work with and it makes it seem as though you don't care. Also, there's no dichotomy at play, you don't have to choose between a dry list of interests or 'humour', plenty of people write detailed intros that are humorous as well.
    Fair point. I took a different tack and it wasn't entirely successful. Problem remedied in previous post.

No worries, welcome!

What sort of TV, books and movies you into? You got an all-time favourite game?

I'm pretty omnivorous. I have a pile of DVD's and Blu-Rays to watch that ranges from obscure Criterion Collection stuff to a collection of the Critters movies. Between Hulu Plus and the Crunchyroll app for the Xbox 360, I'm pretty far gone into an anime bender. I'm also in the middle of an English adaptation of Oliver Potzsch's most recent "Hangman's Daughter" series on my Kindle but I'm trying to stretch it out since money is tight right now.

Favorite games of all time? Probably Silent Hill 2, System Shock 2, Fatal Frame 2 or the first two Shadow Hearts games.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    the Crunchyroll app
    Nichijou, yes?

I like your name. I do not want to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Nichijou, yes?
    I just Googled that and it looks like it's right up my alley but it's not on Crunchyroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I like your name. I do not want to meet you.
    I understand.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Nichijou is totes on Crunch Roll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/my-ordinary-life

It's pretty easily joined my top whatever list of best anime.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Good list. Welcome again!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Nichijou is totes on Crunch Roll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/my-ordinary-life

It's pretty easily joined my top whatever list of best anime.
    Ahhh... okay. I looked it up as Nichijou not as My Ordinary Life. I'm almost done with the second season of The World God Only Knows. I'll start that next. Thanks for the recommendation.

Favorite games of all time? Probably Silent Hill 2, System Shock 2, Fatal Frame 2 or the first two Shadow Hearts games.
    Fuck yeah, those games are awesome.

What did you think of Fatal Frame 3 and the way the story worked in that?

Favourite cybernetic nursemaid in System Shock 2???

I actually have a copy of Fatal Frame 3 on my shelf but I never got around to playing past the opening sequence. There hasn't been a significant enough stretch of time where there isn't something to play on the 360/PS3. I still haven't gotten around to Persona 3 & 4 yet either. And watching the Persona 4 anime just made me want to play the game even more. Maybe in the dead period during the summer I can finally get around to them.

It's a good game, I think a lot of reviewers were put off by how much of the story is borrowed from 2 and 1 but I think it's done well enough to be really enjoyable.