Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ni No Kuni Thread: show Japan some love

The Ni No Kuni Thread: show Japan some love

So Ni No Kuni is finally here. Thoughts, anyone? I didn't need Jim to say anything before thinking "Dragon Quest VIII" halfway through the review.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    You suck Japan.

Hey, man, hey. Slow down on the tsundere. That's bad for you.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I am greatly considering buying a PS3 for this.

GF has a PS3. I'm getting it. But not before school is out, because it will consume my life for a good while once I get into it.

Graphis are drop dead gorgeous! And I haven't played any JRPGs in a while, other than Pokémon, so I'm looking forward to getting my game on this May

Everyone keeps raving about the graphics, but I don't see the big deal. Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest VIII both blow it out o the water for me.

Dude. DUDE. No. Just... no. How long has it been since you played those games?

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Wait, so this game's out already?? Or it's out tomorrow? Either way, can't afford it. But I do want it, badly.

Bout a month since DQ and about 3 since DK. Lack of any HD tvs probably helps this opinion.

Probably, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamoctapus View Post
    Everyone keeps raving about the graphics, but I don't see the big deal. Dark Cloud 2 and Dragon Quest VIII both blow it out o the water for me.
    I haven't played Dark Cloud 2, but DQVIII is indeed a great looking game. But Ni No Kuni looks way better in my eyes, both from a technical and artistic standpoint. The animations are just so reminiscent to what I picture when I think about anime. I was literally blown away by it, from the very first trailer I saw. Each to their own though I guess

It's Miyazaki Movie: The Videogame.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I've never been a fan of that... Well, I don't really know what to say other than washed out art style. But at the same time I know it's not washed out, just... I'm bad at words today.

Meh, can't blame you. If your personal taste doesn't really match Ghibli's style, there's nothing that can be done.

Ol' Flatdick
    I'm job hunting, but the week after I get a job, I'm picking this up. Been waiting on this since I first heard about it.

Tried to get my girlfriend to want it, but it's too Japanese. Anime scares her for some reason. I'll have to find the money for it at some point, but Aliens and Metal Gear take priority.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    Wait, so this game's out already?? Or it's out tomorrow? Either way, can't afford it. But I do want it, badly.
    My thoughts exactly. I spent the whole of last year fantasising about this game, but I seriously thought it wasn't coming until March at the earliest. I need this game in my life.

Fuck money, I'm getting this shit tomorrow.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Fuck money
    I so would if I could.

Do it. Never let anyone say you can't.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    My Nino Starter LE finally shipped... to the wrong address. I called them a week ago to make sure it was changed. Of course not. So I now have to pay 13 dollars to reroute via UPS. I knew this would happen, amazing that getting the LE Nino starter edition essentially punishes you.

My PS3 60 gig is about full in memory though... gonna have to swap out HDDs here this week (bought a 750HDD and been lazy). I think i'm just going to copy all my save files on a thumb drive and just re-download everything opposed to doing an official Transfer. I hear the official way is a giant pain still.