Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.
Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
To play: • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
To host: • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Games? Fortunately, I won't need to do another Saturday blog this week.
Game: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
PSN: KimikoLoco Domination/Ground War/Kill Confirmed.
Game: Battlefield 3
Time: 10:30pm EST (7:30 pacific)
PSN: Elsa Rush and Domination. If you're not on my buddy list, send me a note clarifying you're with Dtoid and I'll add. Squads only hold 4, but just join the game I'm in if the squad is full and we'll just make sure everyone uses team chat instead of squad chat.
In two weeks, you guys aren't going to be able to read anything.
These things might be related.
That's pretty cool. I figured the writing on the wall was decipherable, but I only played literally the first 20 minutes of the first game before I could take no more.
I made the mistake of sitting on the couch with my boyfriend in front of me, my arms stretched out in front of me and him, and a monster scared the sh*t out of him, which made him jump, causing me to jump, almost preventing me from killing the thing.
Amnesia I was fine with, but this stupid game I squeal in terror.
I tried doing League Play over the weekend, it wasn't too bad, but since it's in the middle of the season, no one was in any matches. I intend to place... I need to get the associated achievement before no one plays it anymore.
Dust is too much pain to get to the gain. I may give it a try again, but the guns are just so crappy and the system is so complex that this game really is for someone that would be dedicated to just this one game... I'm not sure I'm prepared to give up being a game-slut to devote myself.
I'm seriously getting excited for Defiance though! It sounds pretty awesome... but so too did Dust.
Anyways... I'll try hosting Battlefield again (rush/dom)
Notes: If you're not on my buddy list, send me a note clarifying you're with Dtoid and I'll add. Squads only hold 4, but just join the game I'm in if the squad is full and we'll just make sure everyone uses team chat instead of squad chat.
If you encounter hate speech, harassment, personal attacks, bullying, homophobia, and general doucheyness -- even if it wasn't directed at you -- please let us know. All emails are kept confidential. Let's make sure everyone's treated with respect so the friends you make here will keep coming back! about mods/rules