Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jump in! My epic introduction o_O. Please to meet you.

[Level 3: Humanoid] The-TrickyAcid's Avatar

dtoiddisco Jump in! My epic introduction o_O. Please to meet you.

Hey,

So this is my second attempt at introducing myself, my previous post was deleted, Chrome let me down _.

Anyway nevermind, I'm from London and I have recently graduated from a Games design course, and my passion is to break into the gaming industry and become part of the next generation of games designers. Immersion and gameplay and character development is something I'd like to target. Creating a depth of escapism away from reality.
    Okay that's just me going into the crazy world of my imagination.

Moving on from there I play mainly on the Xbox360 and I'm online nearly everyday on Xbox live. So feel free to add me.
    I do have a Playstation 3 but it's mostly only used for the exclusive Playstation content, such as God Of War and for blu-rays since I do love movies.

And I'm also a bit of a PC gamer too, mostly dwelling into modding and customising the various titles that I own such as Skyrim.

A list of my few favourite titles/series goes by:
    • MGS series. I'm torn between MGS3 or MGS4 being my favourite >_<.
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Skyrim (The Elder Scrolls series in general)
    • God Of War series
    • Half Life series.

And that is a few that I've listed for now. For my current projects currently I've jumped into IOS development. I feel that social gaming has become a big part of the gaming industry and is growing quite rapidly. And so I felt creating a casual but fun game for the mobile market would be a great idea, so I'm in the planning stages at the moment, for a title that I'm planning on releasing sometime in the near future. It's mainly for the aid to develop a portfolio for me however I also would love to release something out to the public that they'd enjoy.

My aim is to develop titles for the PC and various games console for now I'd say it's best to stay at one platform and branch out later.

Apart from the games development, I'm into a lot of films, no specific genre but a few of my favourite movies range from Pulp-Fiction, Leon, Sin-City, The Dark Knight Rises and tons more. I'm a huge Batman fan btw. And as for TV-series Game of thrones, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.

I've also started doing let's play videos for games on Youtube. I started two months ago and I love doing it. I'm still new however I still always try to provide good quality/comical videos with my commentary. So far the video I made for fighting the Ebony warrior on Skyrim seems to be quite popular so that was a huge confidence boost. I still know it's no big boy numbers but it's something and I love to keep in contact with the viewers.

My channel is: http://www.youtube.com/thetrickyacid

Also if you wish too, feel free to check out my let's play on some co-op action in the Dead Space 3 demo with my friend HCF. It's my latest video to decided to share it with you.

Anyway I've left the video there to finish this intro off, I hope you enjoy viewing it if you wish to view it. And I really
    hope to get to know a lot of you, if you have any questions please ask away ^__^.

THE MR.E BIRD
    It won't have been Chrome, it was auto-moderated because of all the links and such I guess. It's still pending moderation. Nothing personal just how the system works as a bot spamming links would post pretty much the same thing.

Where'd you graduate from? Uh. Um. Steam much? Welcome!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Pretty nice intro! What's your gamertag I'll add ya. What do you do in your free time? What do you like about half-life. Oh and welcome!

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Not too shabby!
    Welcome aboard.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    HOWDY HO!

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    I like that, of all of the Batman movies, you chose Rises. Welcome! Really great intro, stick around.
    Last edited by TurboKill; 01-21-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    It won't have been Chrome, it was auto-moderated because of all the links and such I guess. It's still pending moderation. Nothing personal just how the system works as a bot spamming links would post pretty much the same thing.

Where'd you graduate from? Uh. Um. Steam much? Welcome!

Well I'm glad my second try at introducing myself was successful . My original thread 'Graduate games designer to etc...' Yeah that's....Just redundant now.

And I graduated from The University of Westminster London. The course was hectic, from C-programming, 3D modelling, concept art, music just argh a cluster of a lot of topics bundled into one. There were a lot of sleepless nights. I'm not a fan of coffee but tea and Monster helped...A lot! But In the end I'm happy I pulled through and ended up with a first class degree, so at least it all payed off.

And yes I do go on Steam, you'll usually catch me playing Half-Life these days. my steam I.D is: TrickyAcid. So feel free to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by ProlificDream View Post
    Pretty nice intro! What's your gamertag I'll add ya. What do you do in your free time? What do you like about half-life. Oh and welcome!
    Thank you so much! My gamertag is: TrickyAcid. So please add me . It's the same for all platforms, PSN and Steam.

When it comes to my free time, it's usually a mixture of some gaming on the 360, however most of the time I could just be on the dashboard chilling with my friends on there.

It's because I'm usually on the Macbook trying to code the game I'm working on, I don't have anyone else to help me out so I'm sometimes up till the late nights trying to get at least something done, however as usual life has it's ways of kicking you in the shins like this:

285556432594236314_W2cg0Nck_c.jpg

So something can sometimes go wrong and apart from games development, I do read from time-to-time, work on digital art, go out usually with a friend or two and make the most of my day to be honest, and I like going to the gym so in the mornings a few times a week I try to get myself up there. Catching up with the latest gaming news and find the next title I'd like to do my let's play videos on so there's quite a jumble of things I end up getting up to.

And as for Half-Life. I love that series it's the gameplay, the atmosphere of the game, the characters and for an old title even till this date, the physics and the facial animations. It. Just. Works. The Half-Life series makes me feel good and just keeps me engaged from start-to-finish.

I haven't downloaded the Black-Mesa mod just yet, I'm actually waiting for the devs to release the full version, of all levels but I've seen gameplay and I was like o_o! I did download the soundtrack though, it's awesome.

And don't be a stranger, by all means jump into my Xbox live party or throw me a chat invite any time if you see me on Xbox live and wish to chat, I love to get to know people.

By the way thanks you guys for welcoming me to the community, and yeah Turbo I'll be sure to stay.

It'll be good to get involved. And yes I found the TDKR to be the best part in my opinion at least. Don't think it took best film of 2012, that was probably 'Perks of being a wallflower' I've only heard really good news about it.

Anyway what kind of games are you all interested in then? Any personal favourites?

Pwnd
    I'm welcoming you just for being from London. God knows we could use more decent influences around here.

(click gif for super spy secret message)

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Quote Originally Posted by The-TrickyAcid View Post
    By the way thanks you guys for welcoming me to the community, and yeah Turbo I'll be sure to stay.

It'll be good to get involved. And yes I found the TDKR to be the best part in my opinion at least. Don't think it took best film of 2012, that was probably 'Perks of being a wallflower' I've only heard really good news about it.

Anyway what kind of games are you all interested in then? Any personal favourites?
    I just saw Perks of Being A Wallflower a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. Especially because of a few minor references to my university that just made me laugh.

I'd make Les Mis my film of 2012. After having performed in the orchestra for that show about 14 times, it was great to finally sit back and enjoy it for once.

I saw Les Mis last week. I never see movies, so I have no real frame of reference, but it was badass.

Also, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I'm welcoming you just for being from London. God knows we could use more decent influences around here.

(click gif for super spy secret message)

Ha, I was not expecting that. You sir are a legend for that secret message. And thank you. That gif brought back good memories of Fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboKill View Post
    I just saw Perks of Being A Wallflower a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. Especially because of a few minor references to my university that just made me laugh.

I'd make Les Mis my film of 2012. After having performed in the orchestra for that show about 14 times, it was great to finally sit back and enjoy it for once.
    I still need watch Les Mis, It was released on January 11th in the UK. So far one of my friends have seen seen it and loved it, I may just need to head to the cinema at some point and watch it. And you, performed in the orchestra? Now that's really impressive.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Heyo and welcome...o!

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

Jump in! My epic introduction o_O. Please to meet you.

An intro thread with ... effort put into it? Surely this must be the end of days.

Welcome.

I still need watch Les Mis
    Go and see it right now. It's great.

Welcome.

As regards Les Mis, what's it like in comparison to the stage production if there's anyone out there that's seen both. I've only seen the latter and loved it.

Beast Master
    Moving on from there I play mainly on the Xbox360 and I'm online nearly everyday on Xbox live. So feel free to add me.
    I do have a Playstation 3 but it's mostly only used for the exclusive Playstation content, such as God Of War Metal Gear Solid 4 and for blu-rays since I do love movies.
    Good man.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Strid View Post
    Welcome.

As regards Les Mis, what's it like in comparison to the stage production if there's anyone out there that's seen both. I've only seen the latter and loved it.
    Both are wonderful for different reasons. It may be easier to follow in theaters, and I really recommend watching it. While some of the actors (Jauvert's actor comes to mind) aren't the best singers, the movie is really well done that it can be easily forgiven.

The music in the intro still feels far more epic when played live, because it is loud, epic, and you feel it in your bones. But, the movie makes up for it with it's epic visuals.

--------------
    There are a few different orchestrations that can be found for live performances. The one I am most familiar with was the version with bass guitar, electric guitar, and drum set, alongside the orchestra. And that would be my favorite because I am biased for having performed in that version.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    An intro thread with ... effort put into it? Surely this must be the end of days.

Welcome.

Go and see it right now. It's great.
    Ha, thank you . And yes I will be going out to see it eventually. Les Mis looks outstanding from the few scenes I've viewed online.

I thought a bit of effort would be nice and for all of you to get to know at least a good little bit more about me. On another note , yesterday I re-purchased Borderlands 2, time for some serious co-op action o_o. Giving a go with the Mechromancer this time round. I usually play with the Siren.