Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Risk of Rain

Juice Box

Risk of Rain

I searched through the Official Game Threads manually and using the search bar, and didn't find a thread

Risk of Rain

If any of you guys have played it, what are your favorite classes?

Is this a game about weather forecasting?

Juice Box
    ..No, it's not.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    The starting class is the only one that feels right to me.

I unlocked Enforcer, Bandit, and Akrid (Or whatever the alien is called) and the starting class (Mercenary? Soldier?) is the only one I can make any progress with.

When I get Windows and unfuck my PC I'll be up for some co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by pk fire View Post
    ..No, it's not.
    Don't listen to him. It totally is. It's the sequel to "Weather Channel" from the original Wii.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    The starting class is the only one that feels right to me.

I unlocked Enforcer, Bandit, and Akrid (Or whatever the alien is called) and the starting class (Mercenary? Soldier?) is the only one I can make any progress with.

When I get Windows and unfuck my PC I'll be up for some co-op.
    Yeah, same for me. The starting class is really the only one that I've had any success with. Acrid is cool, but takes a lot of damage getting up close to fight enemies. Its description says that it's a melee AND ranged character, but damn, the cooldowns take way too long with those ranged attacks.

I messed with the enforcer for a round or two and was annoyed by how slow he was. The bandit was a little too micro-managey for me, with the one skill resetting cooldowns if used properly.

Juice Box
    I am completely the opposite of you guys. (Char, Gorilla). I dislike the starting (Commando) class, and feel as though he's too static and way too dependent on getting space between you and your foes.

I love Acrid, he's the only one I've beaten the game with so far. (on easy, anyway.) While he is prone to damage, you can run in cicles around his prey by spamming that toxic ground move, and stunning / infecting targets on top of it. I always jump across a few enemies while biting, and kind of repeat that pattern.

I also LOVE the engineer, holy hell does that guy melt bosses.

The bandit is micro-manage-ish, as for that reason I don't him/her as much either. I don't really get the smokebomb ability, either. The enforcer just plain sucks, imo.

edit: Co-op would be great. I've tried it though with port-forwarding a friend's router, and we couldn't get it to work. Alot of the steam threads complain of the same thing. Kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by OpiumHerz View Post
    Don't listen to him. It totally is. It's the sequel to "Weather Channel" from the original Wii.
    Thanks man, thought so

srs though pk would be cool to explain what it actually is (since it seems to be a relatively unknown game) >_>

Juice Box
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    Thanks man, thought so

srs though pk would be cool to explain what it actually is (since it seems to be a relatively unknown game) >_>
    Oh sorry! Thought you were just being a dumb-hole.

It's basically a side-scrolling shooter, with rogue-like elements. You can pick a class (ten classes), and they all have a unqiue skill set including 4 skills with 3 of them having various cooldowns, and one being your main attack.

He's a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duKesNuPknw

It's ok, Im a sarcastic asshole the majority of the time

Having watched the video it looks pretty fun, something Id be willing to try out. Really cant say what it reminds me of but its something. The complete lack of OST was weird though o_O will add to backlog

Pwnd
    I thought about Seattle when I read the title and laughed.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I want this game so bad. Praying for a speedy Mac port.

Juice Box
    Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy Turtle View Post
    I want this game so bad. Praying for a speedy Mac port.
    Get dat bootleg Window 7 brah. It's worth it for this game alone.

And Firion, it kind of reminds of of The Binding of Isaac, at least the rogue-like randomness of the game.

Juice Box
    Jesus Christ, this game is fucking awesome. I LOVE IT!!

Just got to the HAHAHAHA difficulty with Acrid on (rainstorm?) difficulty, and beat the boss. I was stacked, but in a weird way. Almost no health / defensive items except one infusion and a tough times, but my crits we so great. I have a x5 multiplayer with two snake eyes, two lens, 2 cooldown reduction w/ crit rings, and an item that healed every crit. Just need to beat it 2 more times to unlock the mercenary.

It's kind of weird that it only records your stats for Rainstorm difficulty and up, but eh. Doesn't effect the gameplay in any way.

Pwnd
    It's pretty awesome, but hosting seems to be a pain.

Juice Box
    Yeah, it is. A friend and I thought that we were doing everything correctly, and it didn't work. I also tried joining a game on the server list site, but it was laggy as shit. Probably the host is at fault there.

[Level 5: Mech]
    this game is pretty dope. quick question though: does anyone else have an issue with using your tv as a monitor for this game? the picture displays fine but the audio seems to disappear completely and that just won't do.

Juice Box
    Sorry man, haven't tried it on a tele.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I haven't had a problem running it on my TV with an HDMI cable out. Maybe your cable is fucked up? Does it play other games without any issue?

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I haven't had a problem running it on my TV with an HDMI cable out. Maybe your cable is fucked up? Does it play other games without any issue?
    Yea i play essentially everything else on there from the comp...idk. cable being out is certainly a testable theory. I just wanna sit back and play this shit with a controller. gamertag the same on steam shini?