Thread: Front Mission 4

[Level 4: Cyborg]

Front Mission 4

Has any of you played this. It looks llike it could be a good tactics style game and it is produced by Square. I have a chance to buy it from my friend who is moving and selling off some of his games. Let me know.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Well, it was given a 7.3 by gamespot and an 8.3 by gamespot readers so it could be either a good or bad buy. I mean if you're into tactical strategery, then it could be fun. If you were to buy it, how much would it cost?

Yea, I am a big strategy player, and I saw the reviews, just want to see if any one else had played. He is letting me choose 5 for $50 and he has some good games. On my list right now is Disgaia, Gladius, and Sukoiden. I will probabily add FM4.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    5 for $50 sounds like a pretty good deal, as long as the games aren't in trashy condition.

Quote Originally Posted by backflip10019
    Well, it was given a 7.3 by gamespot and an 8.3 by gamespot readers so it could be either a good or bad buy. I mean if you're into tactical strategery, then it could be fun. If you were to buy it, how much would it cost?
    American ratings scare and confuse me.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I own the game. It's decent enough as a tactics game and from what I understand, its a great franchise. The game isn't easy though. You have to go through some planning, and I've actually reached an impass where I can't really beat the level that I'm on right now. If you can get it cheap, definitely do it. It'll be worth it.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Disgaea for only 10 bucks?!?! You should feel lucky right there. That's 45 bucks USED at E.B. Games and if you want a tactics game that is all ya need... FM4 was a decent game that took forever to beat. I mean, I didn't beat it, but my friend, who is a self proclaimed mast of tactics, said it was not as easy as he had first thoguht and took the longest of any tactics game he'd ever played to beat... Take that as you will. :P

[Level 6: Robot]
    I played some front mission 4 last month, it's really great.

I like how in this one, the twocstorylines criss cross in a single play through where you swap who you're playing as. It really bothered me in fm3 that the game was split like it was.

Really digging the three kings going awol from the robot army stealing gold plot. I want to see that all the way to the end, but the other character is just dreadful. Having a larger party with them means I have more options available, but it overwhelms me. The gold stealing plot had just three guys, all of whom I really defined what their role in combat was to a science.

Looking foreword to playing more, wish I hadn't waited so long to get into it. I went as far as to message someone from dtoid on the PS3 about front mission, but I don't know if anyone else here is into it.

Picture final fantasy tactics with robots, the tutorials are quick and let you know everything pretty quick. Love it.

I also own this game. In fact I bought it about a week after it came out. I already knew what it was
    going to be like because I played all the previous ones. I was pissed when I read that FM5 wouldn't
    be leaving Japan. It's even more fun to watch.

I actually still load up my old saves from time to time---well, because I actually created new saves
    to get all the hidden weapons n' shit and be as efficient as possible.

It's funny (actually probably not even a coincidence) you mention FF: Tactics because it's one of
    my favorite games of all time right after Chrono Trigger.

I'm sensing a Squaresoft trend here.... ^_^

The analogy you're looking for is Armored Core meets FFT, and yeah I played the shit outta this the year it came out. Too bad about the series going nowhere afterward. Spot on about it being fun to watch; that's how I got into the games, watching my friend playing FM3 way back when.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I still don't understand how this thread came back to life. Is 8+ years a record? Though seeing who brought it back makes at least some sense.

Also Front Mission 5 has a fan translation that I would play had I a couple extra lifetimes.