Page 1 of 233 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barsona - Persona-Related Discussion

Naoto #1 Fan

The Barsona - Persona-Related Discussion

THIS THREAD (FORMERLY THE P3P THREAD) SHALL HEREBY BE KNOWN AS

THE BARSONA

THE SOURCE OF ALL PERSONA-RELATED DISCUSSION

ANYONE SPAMMING ANY FAN ART INVOLVING NAOTO ROMANTICALLY PAIRED WITH SOMEONE WHO IS NOT THE MC WILL BE EXCOMMUNICATED

SAME WITH CHIE BUT WE'RE MORE LAX ABOUT THAT

THANK YOU AND CARRY ON

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I put some 300 hours into the original, dunno if I'll be doing that all over again, but I'll definitely be picking this up.

Naoto #1 Fan
    I never beat the original due to the insane amount of repetition, but making it portable seems like a good way to solve that.

Titles are for jerks.
    My PS2 is busted and I was never able to finish this game, even though I really wanted to.

I'm definitely going to try and pick this up as quick as possible.

Naoto #1 Fan
    And there's new music in it composed by Shoji Meguro.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I have FES on the PS2 and playing through it now. Even though I have FES, I'm still going to get this because of the stuff it adds.
    Now I just need a PSP.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by jhitcher42 View Post
    I never beat the original due to the insane amount of repetition, but making it portable seems like a good way to solve that.
    This is exactly how I feel and I'll definitely be buying it.

I just don't know why we have to wait until July. The translation and voice acting already exists from the PS2 version, and Portable has been out in Japan since November of last year. What gives, Atlus?

Naoto #1 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantomile View Post
    This is exactly how I feel and I'll definitely be buying it.

I just don't know why we have to wait until July. The translation and voice acting already exists from the PS2 version, and Portable has been out in Japan since November of last year. What gives, Atlus?
    Maybe it's the dialogue in the new Social Links, but even then, that shouldn't take that long to localize.

Naoto #1 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Doesn't it feature a brand new campaign with a female Protagonist? Or is that just the FES added campaign with the cyborg girl?
    It's a new campaign. Portable doesn't include the Answer, the FES add-on.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I still haven't finished P3. I have Koromaru, Yukari, and Aigis in the same party, and I always get my ass raped by the three lightining swords in tartarus. I'll probably just start fresh with P3P.

That said, can anyone vouch for the quality of the female protagonists social links? Or how different the plot is?

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    I'll personally just stick to my PS2 copy, if I owned a PSP I would consider it though.

Keeper of the Reals
    I kinda want to get into the series but then again I don't really have patience for JRPGs anymore and I also feel dirty getting into a series through remakes.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I'm semi-tempted by this, but since I already own FES and am far more interested in Strange Journey to begin with it's not a sure thing.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I would buy this if I didn't already have to beat FES. I've invested 30 hours into that already and I'll eventually return from my "indefinite break" from P3 to finish it. That's a lot of my time spent on one game. I'm not too interested in spending another massive chunk of my life playing the game a second time, just because I can be a girl.

Still, it looks like a quality package and I'm loving Shoji Meguro's work, so I'm sure that the presentation will be top-notch.

The Young Brad Nicholson

Due to not having a PS2 I never got to play this. I can't fucking wait for it.

Maybe I should finish up P4 before this hits. Last I checked I'm still in August.

is ↓ → fierce
    I'm going to be picking this up, even though I'm putting 30hrs into the Japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by jhitcher42 View Post
    I was put off by the repetition at the beginning as well, but I stuck with it and once I grasped all the mechanics I became freakin' addicted. Yeah, there's a lot of the same stuff (although you don't exactly need to grind per se, there's a lot of random encounters to plow through just to advance). Still, I loved the social side and the persona fusing. I must've spent entire days in that velvet room just making calculations to get the most powerful personas I could.
    Hell, I spend a dozen hours just trying to beat that ****ing hidden boss, let alone all the grinding and item farming and persona fusing that went into that effort.

it's a very strange game, IMO. perfect in its own way, despite still clinging to a lot of ancient tropes.

Persona 3's repetition to me was broken by the fact that you were in control of your activities. You could dungeon crawl (you're pretty much capable of avoiding every fight if you know your stuff), you could social link, you could grind in a pretty well made battle system.

It's a huge game, but between the ability to switch off based on how you're feeling and the fact that it can be played over long periods of time thanks to its nature: I was a fan. It took me 5 months to beat it, but slowly and surely I did so and I was addicted all the way through.

Persona 3 is tipped me off to the whole series. I own just about every single entry of it now and I love all of them. Most people just play Persona 3 and decide they've seen all there is to see.

Yeah, I'm gonna get it. I've already got the original Persona for PSP and I thought that was enjoyable. The new content sounds good to me.

The only repetition I had a problem with was in the Velvet Room.