Thread: Yo, Wassup Dtoid Forums?! Get To Know Me, Ya Dig?

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] YosemiteHam's Avatar

destructoid Yo, Wassup Dtoid Forums?! Get To Know Me, Ya Dig?

Hey, everyone! I'm Yosemite Ham on every social network, except for the good ol' Cblogs, where I'm known as Nicky Austin.

So... I guess I'm supposed to post a bit about myself I guess.

I am from the state of Tennessee, but I don't sport a southern accent (or so I don't think...).

I am an avid Nintendo enthusiast, and I've owned every console since the N64. I just love the creativity behind the games and all the cool characters and whatnot.

Although I am a huge Nintendo fan, I still love and take interest in all the other systems and games out there.

I absolutely love music, mainly stuff of the Alternative Rock, Post Rock, Post-Hardcore, Math Rock variety, just really crazy, zany stuff.

My favorite games are Mother 3, the Super Mario Galaxy games, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, and most other Zelda games, Viewtiful Joe, No More Heroes, Cave Story, and many many more.

If you'd like to know anything else about me, or just chat, feel free!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Hello, and welcome! What are your thoughts on the Wii U, and are you strictly console based, or do you dabble in handhelds as well?

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteHam View Post
    I absolutely love music, mainly stuff of the Alternative Rock, Post Rock, Post-Hardcore, Math Rock variety, just really crazy, zany stuff.
    Examples?

Welcome!

What sort of tv, books and movies are you into?

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Nice intro. Concise and too the point. This pleases me.

Welcome!

I think the Wii U is wonderful! The games look great, it's very useful as a TV remote, the browser is actually pretty good, as opposed to the god-awful browsers that other consoles have had in the past. The Miiverse is really fun to use and I could see it being great for hints to tough parts of a game, friendly discussion, all that stuff. I'm just waiting for more games to play on it. (Let's go, E3!)

I like handhelds a good bit, I am mostly a console gamer, but I own a 3DS, and I use it moderately. There really hasn't been one game yet that has completely glued me to the 3DS, but Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, or Pokemon X/Y may very well change that.

Examples? hmm, well my favorite bands are Glassjaw, Ling Tosite Sigure, Deftones, Moving Mountains, The Mars Volta, Thrice, Coheed & Cambria, and there's a whole lot more, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Welcome!

What sort of tv, books and movies are you into?
    I don't watch all that much TV, though enough friends have recommended me Breaking Bad and Twin Peaks that I may go ahead and try that out.

I honestly haven't had all that much time to sit down with a book, I'm usually busy with something else like a game or a movie. That should change, huh?

Recently, I've been into movies with a distinct style, stuff like Looper, Drive, Scott Pilgrim VS. The World and stuff. I'll watch anything though, actually I watched The Grey a few days back, and I loved it.