Thread: 360 FNF: January 18th

360 FNF: January 18th

New to Friday Night Fights? It's easy to get involved!

Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play video games online! It's a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!

The planning for FNF starts here in the forums, where community members volunteer to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in the cblogs followed by a recap post on the front page for last-minute planning.

To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! (Don't forget to say you're from Dtoid!) If you'd rather host something yourself, just post your details below in the following format:

Game Name
    Host: Dtoid Username
    Gamertag: Xbox Live Gamertag
    Time: Time and Time Zone

We hope to see you online!

Here's this week's schedule...

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II

Host: garethxxgod
    Gamertag: garethxxgod
    Time: 5pm Pacific | 8pm Eastern

Game: Persona 4 Arena

Host: Perfidious Sinn
    Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn
    Time: 5:00 Pacific | 8:00 Eastern

Game: Guardians of Middle Earth

Host: falsenipple
    Gamertag: OMGhotdogs
    Time: 5:30 Pacific | 8:30 Eastern

Game: Anarchy Reigns
    Host: Usedtabe
    Gamertag: Us3d ta b3
    Time: 8 Pacific | 11 Eastern

Game: Battlefield 3
    Time: 8:30 Pacific | 11:30 Eastern

Last edited by ChillyBilly; 01-18-2013 at 08:30 AM.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Guardians of Middle Earth
    Time: 8:30 PM EST

Battlefield 3
    Time: 11:30 PM EST

Roaring Penis of Discovery... THINK ABOUT IT

[Level 5: Mech]
    Hey, I'm getting good at the this whole Anarchy Reigns thing

Host: SuperMonk4Ever
    Gamertag: SuperMonk4Ever
    Time: 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern

I am loving Douglas and Max so far!

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonk4Ever View Post
    Hey, I'm getting good at the this whole Anarchy Reigns thing

Host: SuperMonk4Ever
    Gamertag: SuperMonk4Ever
    Time: 7 Pacific | 10 Eastern

I am loving Douglas and Max so far!
    Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't think to add you on XBL until now. We haven't talked much on here (or at all afaik) but you're on my Facebook and you live in the same state as me. I'm right outside Nashville btw; also, friend request sent.

And yeah, Douglas is awesome. I laughed so hard when he dropped that random f-bomb in his story mode cutscene. His jackhammer fist throw is pretty great as well. He's become one of my favorites, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't think to add you on XBL until now. We haven't talked much on here (or at all afaik) but you're on my Facebook and you live in the same state as me. I'm right outside Nashville btw; also, friend request sent.

And yeah, Douglas is awesome. I laughed so hard when he dropped that random f-bomb in his story mode cutscene. His jackhammer fist throw is pretty great as well. He's become one of my favorites, actually.
    Yeah, I can't believe that we didn't have each other added! I thought we did but... who knows. Yeah, I pop in here every now and then, post a few things then disappear for a little bit. Nashville eh? I was not aware of that, we should eventually plan something in the area!

Yeah, I unlocked all of the characters from playing multiplayer so I haven't seen him yet in the campaign. I love his two bar Killer Weapon and grab. They do quite a bit of damage and can do a nice combo to people that don't know how to dodge it.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'll probably be out of town for this Friday. Next Friday I'll definitely host something.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonk4Ever View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe that we didn't have each other added! I thought we did but... who knows. Yeah, I pop in here every now and then, post a few things then disappear for a little bit. Nashville eh? I was not aware of that, we should eventually plan something in the area!

Yeah, I unlocked all of the characters from playing multiplayer so I haven't seen him yet in the campaign. I love his two bar Killer Weapon and grab. They do quite a bit of damage and can do a nice combo to people that don't know how to dodge it.
    Dtoid Nashville could be amazing. I've been thinking about that after watching how Bloodspray does things. And y'know, come to think of it, we probably did have each other added. Up until recently I only played games for the story and it was distracting to see the constant pop-ups when people come online. I've never found an option to disable those notifications separately from the ones for achievements either. If you turn one off, you have to turn both off.

So this is kind of silly but I finally wound up taking almost everyone off my friends list. It didn't seem like such a big deal at the time because I keep in touch with almost everyone here on the forums. But yeah, in retrospect that was kind of stupid. Please don't take it personally. It was a bad decision, sorry 'bout that. Now I just disable both if I'm that focused on a story because obviously, people matter more than points. And I still get the points anyway! Just not the little "achievement unlocked" thing. I miss it sometimes but w/e.

Also, that throw is my favorite for the visual element if nothing else. It just looks awesome.

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II
    Host: garethxxgod
    Gamertag: garethxxgod
    Time: 5pm Pacific | 8pm Eastern

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Shane and Andrew, sittin' in a tree
    B-L-O-W-I-N-G

Sure is windy up in those trees!

Finally I can participate in one of these again.

Game: Persona 4 Arena
    Host: Perfidious Sinn
    Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn
    Time: 5:00 Pacific | 8:00 Eastern

Actually, something has come up so I won't be able to host this week. Sorry guys, hopefully next week.

Honkey Kong
    Well I was planning on joining your game so I'll have to throw it up.

Time: 10 CST/11 EST

Friends list is full so please send a message for an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Well I was planning on joining your game so I'll have to throw it up.

Time: 10 CST/11 EST

Friends list is full so please send a message for an invite.
    At least SOME of the community members care about the community... cough cough @supermonk.

Pwnd
    *crickets*

Well, since Perfidious Sinn's throwing up Persona 4 Arena this week, guess I'll do something different this time. Sooooooo...

Game: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition/Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online
    Host: vApathyv
    Gamertag: vApathyv
    Time: 9:30 PM EST

And I'll keep it goin' all night. Just for ShinigamiBV.

Not hosting, but probably gonna play. I'll show up to eat a beatdown in either SF or Anarchy, depending on when I get started. GT: JT Blue Shell

Hey chumps, I've got 3rd Strike up now. Send a message to vApathyv if you wanna play.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I am unbelievably sad that I was asleep all of yesterday. I would have laid down a beatdown in some SSF4.

Pwnd
    Wish I had made it for the thing last night but something else came up -- plus I had just played that for several hours the night before and was on the verge of becoming burned out.

Hopefully the AR thread stays alive. I really enjoy its multiplayer dynamic, traditional fighting games don't fit the FNF concept anywhere near as well imo. It's more fun to have the entire group participate at once than it is to run one vs. one matches while everyone else has to wait.

I can understand that one. Though some people do enjoy the one on one dynamic of traditional fighters, and the excitement that can be had from being in the lobby, getting hyped up watching a really close down to the wire victory against somebody. Kinda invokes that old school quarter-up feel at the arcade. I do really need to try to get in an Anarchy Reigns game one day though, haven't got to play it aside from one match of Death Ball (which was FREAKING AMAZING).