Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 FNF: January 18th

[Level 6: Robot]

PS3 FNF: January 18th

Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
    To play:
    • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.

• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.

• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.

To host:
    • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well.

• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.

• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.

• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
    Vidya Games Bitches. It'll be a night full of anarchy from what I hear! (Is Anarchy Reigns disc only?)

All times Eastern.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't know how the co-op/multi-player thing works in Anarchy Reigns. If someone would explain it to me I'd love it, but I think it's 3 or 4 players at a time. WHAT THIS MEANS IS GET YO SHIT TOGETHER MOFUCKAS PLAN THE FUCK AHEAD. For example, I'm playing with Clockwork and Zilcho. That's three of us, that may mean that game is full. So talk to the other folks who are playing and message about thank you. Feel free to use the form to organize.

Game:
    Time:
    Host:
    PSN:

Game: Black Ops 2
    Time: 9pm
    PSN: KimikoLoco
    Notes: Domination, Kill Confirmed is what we usually play. If you want to play anything else, just let me know, and we'll play a couple rounds. Nothing is set in stone Party games are pretty fun if we get stomped (but we never do, because of me. See below) Winning is most assuredly guaranteed, along with tons of fun. COME JOIN THE COD SIDE.

Game: Battlefield 3
    Time 10pm EST
    PSN: Elsa

... I'm still a total newbie to the game, but if anyone wants to join in and isn't on my buddy list, just send a PSN note to "Elsa" and if the squad fills up at least we can find each other!

Game: Anarchy Reigns
    Time: 11pm
    Host: Trev
    PSN: ElZilcho
    3 people: Survival / Mad Survival; 4+: VIP mode or Deathball. Other modes open to suggestion, but I think those are the best.

Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns
    11 PM CST
    Uncanny Silk
    ​Battle Royale/TDM/Death Ball matches. NO MICS.
    Last edited by CornflakeJustice; 01-17-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Because Zilcho touches himself at night.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice View Post
    Is Anarchy Reigns disc only?
    Yes, that is what I've heard.

Game: Anarchy Reigns
    Time: 11pm
    Host: Trev
    PSN: ElZilcho
    3 people: Survival / Mad Survival; 4+: Team Battle mode or Deathball. Other modes open to suggestion, but I think those are the best. Mics encouraged.

Moving the time back a little so it doesn't cut into our shootans as much.
    Last edited by Trev; 01-18-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Mmkay, I'll pick it up Friday on the way home then. Probably better that way as I won't have yet another thing to download...

Mmkay, I'll pick it up Friday on the way home then. Probably better that way as I won't have yet another thing to download...
    Get it sooner and play the campaign to get characters unlocked. You get almost all of them in a single playthru and it's not overly long. You start with just 6.

So I've learned that a character with a matching element can block a superstar shot in Deathball. This, apparently, is the element breakdown. It looks like your super meter icon shape indicates your element type. I'll revise this list when I can load them up in practice mode.

Revising now from the official game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    Everyone in this game has an element. 6 Fire, 6 Lightning, 3 Ice, and 3 poison. Notice the little icons for their killer weapons? That identifies their element.

Fire: Jack, Big Bull, Baron, Douglas, Rin Rin, and Durga
    Lightning: Leo, Nikolai, Max, Gargoyle, Mathilda, and Ai Rin
    Ice: Sasha, Fei Rin, and Garuda
    Poison: Zero, Oinkie, and Bayonetta

When one reaches level 3 in any mode with levels, killer weapon attacks will cause status effects.

In Deathball: When someone does superstar shot, someone with the same element as the person can catch the ball. But if you're in rampage mode then you can catch the ball regardless of element.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns
    11 PM CST
    Uncanny Silk

​Battle Royale/TDM/Death Ball matches. NO MICS.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember: we don't 'ridicule'. We get rid of fools.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Edited your thread title to read the 18th instead of the 11th, FYI <3

[Level 3: Humanoid] NeoShinGundam's Avatar
    I haven't had the chance to open my copy yet, but I'm down for Anarchy this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    Edited your thread title to read the 18th instead of the 11th, FYI <3
    JUMANJIWHATDAYISIT.JPG

Thanks bruddha.

Don't forget Silk's gametypes. We've got opposite games going at completely different times. (Didn't notice the CST)
    Last edited by Trev; 01-18-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Exactly. Planning motherfuckers. Do you speak it?

Exactly. Planning motherfuckers. Do you speak it?
    This is a great way to do it and people can join on what they want to play. I'll have a player cap of 8, his goes up to 16 in Battle Royale with Cheese.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't know how the co-op/multi-player thing works in Anarchy Reigns. If someone would explain it to me I'd love it, but I think it's 3 or 4 players at a time. WHAT THIS MEANS IS GET YO SHIT TOGETHER MOFUCKAS PLAN THE FUCK AHEAD. For example, I'm playing with Clockwork and Zilcho. That's three of us, that may mean that game is full. So talk to the other folks who are playing and message about thank you. Feel free to use the form to organize.
    Different modes have different player amounts.

Survival is 3 players vs. waves of enemies
    VIP and Deathball are 4 vs. 4 (I think TDM is as well)
    Battle Royale is 16-player FFA.

If it's just you, Clock, and I, we'll do survival. Kim will probably join us, so if we get 4-8 players, we'll do VIP (which I don't remember the real name of right now) with AIs filling in the empty spaces. If we get more than 8, I don't know. They'll have to work something out. With two groups going, it should be easy to cover.

14. 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM
    Reason
    Too many :|

Is your clan really SOUP?
    I would love to play some more Deathball

Game: Black Ops 2
    Time: 9pm
    PSN: KimikoLoco
    Notes: Domination, Kill Confirmed is what we usually play. If you want to play anything else, just let me know, and we'll play a couple rounds. Nothing is set in stone Party games are pretty fun if we get stomped (but we never do, because of me. See below) Winning is most assuredly guaranteed, along with tons of fun. COME JOIN THE COD SIDE.
    backpack1.jpg<-Normal People

BAh7CWkKIgo2MDB4MGkLbCsH7KruUGkHaQtpCGkDTS0D.jpg<-Me(I'm not this egotistical normally, I swear)

Hey now, don't you forget about my 40 kills and 20+ defends when we're on the boat. They should just rename B to "Zilcho's Fancy Vacation Spot". QBB stands for Qsuper Bdeath Bhose. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Hey now, don't you forget about my 40 kills and 20+ defends when we're on the boat. They should just rename B to "Zilcho's Fancy Vacation Spot". QBB stands for Qsuper Bdeath Bhose. FACT.
    Well now! Isn't Zilcho just the prettiest pony!

Well now! Isn't Zilcho just the prettiest pony!
    Yes I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    When I play by myself I don't do nearly as well as when I have Toidlets watching my back

I am most certainly not a one man army

Quote Originally Posted by KymikoLoco View Post
    I am most certainly not a one man army
    You're a one lady squad, only two of them are rookies, one is black, and one gets to retire after this mission. By movie standards, they're gonna get f-ed up.

Then who's my love interest?

EDIT:

Twist:
    ALL OF YOU
    MUAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by KymikoLoco; 01-16-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: MUAHAHAHA