Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello there!

[Level 2: Human]

Hello there!

Hi my name is Lindsay. I'm a 23 year old female from The East Coast of the USA. I subled upon this forum by doing a search for gaming forums. I also work a full time job, which I love.

I only game on PC, and sometimes on the Wii. I used to play on Nintendo NES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP.

My favorite current games are Skyrim (I have played 600+ hours), Dragon Age Origins, and Oblivion.

I'm also an avid reader.

Welcome to the Forums.

What are your plans for Destructoid? What do you want to be when you grow up?

THE MR.E BIRD
    Those sure are some time sink games. What is this full time job that you love? Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Welcome to the Forums.

What are your plans for Destructoid? What do you want to be when you grow up?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the first question. For right now I'm happy where I am at my job.

Thanks! I work for a Fiber Optic company.

Wow, 600 hours, that's a lot. How many characters did you play with? What sort of play style do you go for?

Got a favourite Genesis game?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Wow, 600 hours, that's a lot. How many characters did you play with? What sort of play style do you go for?

Got a favourite Genesis game?
    I have 5 characters Enelya the High Elf, Duvaniel the Dark Elf, Bragien the Wood Elf, Linden the Nord/Vampire Lord, and Alessia the Breton/Werewolf. They are all female. My newest is Alessia and she is going to be a mage. Bragien is an archer. Enelya is a one handed tye, and Duvaniel is an assasin. I reguraly rotate between characters and plan on making more. I plan on making a male Argonian named Dances with Wolves. Although Enelya is the only one who has finished the main quest so far. Enelya sided with the Emire and Duvainel with the Storm Cloaks. The others will not participate in the war.

As for my favorite genesis games, I was very young at the time so the ones I liked were geared towards little kids. My favorites were The Beranstien bears game, Crytsal Pony Tales, and Sonic the Hedgehog, oh and the Richard Scary one.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    You would get a long great with my girlfriend. She has well over a hundred hours in Dragon Age and easily 200+ in Skyrim. She would probably have more if she didn't have to wait for me to get off my computer to play.

Quote Originally Posted by mehclalin View Post
    I have 5 characters Enelya the High Elf, Duvaniel the Dark Elf, Bragien the Wood Elf, Linden the Nord/Vampire Lord, and Alessia the Breton/Werewolf. They are all female. My newest is Alessia and she is going to be a mage. Bragien is an archer. Enelya is a one handed tye, and Duvaniel is an assasin. I reguraly rotate between characters and plan on making more. I plan on making a male Argonian named Dances with Wolves. Although Enelya is the only one who has finished the main quest so far. Enelya sided with the Emire and Duvainel with the Storm Cloaks. The others will not participate in the war.
    Wow, that's a lot. I mostly just stuck with the one character, but haven't really put that many hours in. I kinda gave up after roaming round most of the world and finishing the main questline.

It really is one of those games where its so easy to lose track of time.

Admin / Midget King
    Welcome! I've only put a few hours into Skyrim so far, but I just got it a few weeks ago.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I started it just under a month ago and have 84 hours in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Yeah...

THE MR.E BIRD
    It's 87 now.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Once upon a time, I thought I might play Skyrim. I now realize that I will never and I was merely fooling myself. I should at least try to play Mass Effect 3 one of these days, since I played 2, and since I so rarely play WRPGs.

What sort of books do you like?
    How is a raven like a writing desk?

We have a lovely books thread, by the way.

I put 70 hours in the first week, noob.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Bloody students...

Welcome to the forums.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    So have you actually beaten Skyrim? Or do you just make new characters? Just wondering, because I put 120+ hours into it, and have yet to beat it.

Also, welcome.

THE MR.E BIRD
    How does one even quantify the beating of it though? Because just doing the main quest(s) is so not anything substantial. I still haven't even started it.

Pwnd
    The only way you can truly finish Skyrim is to finish off the Legion in New Vegas. Because they're futuristic post-apocalyptic remnants of the same Empire. Doesn't matter if you side with or against them in their medieval incarnation, just take a good look at both and watch how many times the term "Legate" pops up. They wear the exact same outfits and everything. Seriously.

Also, welcome to the forums!

THE MR.E BIRD
    I can't play New Vegas because it crashes when I leave the first settlement. It's like some fucked up post-apocalyptic Truman Show.