Forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Hello there!

  1. #1

    11 posts since Jan 2013

    Hello there!

    Hi my name is Lindsay. I'm a 23 year old female from The East Coast of the USA. I subled upon this forum by doing a search for gaming forums. I also work a full time job, which I love.

    I only game on PC, and sometimes on the Wii. I used to play on Nintendo NES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP.

    My favorite current games are Skyrim (I have played 600+ hours), Dragon Age Origins, and Oblivion.

    I'm also an avid reader.

  2. #2
    Welcome to the Forums.

    What are your plans for Destructoid? What do you want to be when you grow up?

  3. #3
    Those sure are some time sink games. What is this full time job that you love? Welcome!

  4. #4

    11 posts since Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Welcome to the Forums.

    What are your plans for Destructoid? What do you want to be when you grow up?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the first question. For right now I'm happy where I am at my job.

  5. #5

    11 posts since Jan 2013
    Thanks! I work for a Fiber Optic company.

  6. #6
    Wow, 600 hours, that's a lot. How many characters did you play with? What sort of play style do you go for?

    Got a favourite Genesis game?

  7. #7

    11 posts since Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Wow, 600 hours, that's a lot. How many characters did you play with? What sort of play style do you go for?

    Got a favourite Genesis game?
    I have 5 characters Enelya the High Elf, Duvaniel the Dark Elf, Bragien the Wood Elf, Linden the Nord/Vampire Lord, and Alessia the Breton/Werewolf. They are all female. My newest is Alessia and she is going to be a mage. Bragien is an archer. Enelya is a one handed tye, and Duvaniel is an assasin. I reguraly rotate between characters and plan on making more. I plan on making a male Argonian named Dances with Wolves. Although Enelya is the only one who has finished the main quest so far. Enelya sided with the Emire and Duvainel with the Storm Cloaks. The others will not participate in the war.

    As for my favorite genesis games, I was very young at the time so the ones I liked were geared towards little kids. My favorites were The Beranstien bears game, Crytsal Pony Tales, and Sonic the Hedgehog, oh and the Richard Scary one.

  8. #8
    You would get a long great with my girlfriend. She has well over a hundred hours in Dragon Age and easily 200+ in Skyrim. She would probably have more if she didn't have to wait for me to get off my computer to play.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mehclalin View Post
    I have 5 characters Enelya the High Elf, Duvaniel the Dark Elf, Bragien the Wood Elf, Linden the Nord/Vampire Lord, and Alessia the Breton/Werewolf. They are all female. My newest is Alessia and she is going to be a mage. Bragien is an archer. Enelya is a one handed tye, and Duvaniel is an assasin. I reguraly rotate between characters and plan on making more. I plan on making a male Argonian named Dances with Wolves. Although Enelya is the only one who has finished the main quest so far. Enelya sided with the Emire and Duvainel with the Storm Cloaks. The others will not participate in the war.
    Wow, that's a lot. I mostly just stuck with the one character, but haven't really put that many hours in. I kinda gave up after roaming round most of the world and finishing the main questline.

    It really is one of those games where its so easy to lose track of time.

  10. #10
    Welcome! I've only put a few hours into Skyrim so far, but I just got it a few weeks ago.

  11. #11
    I started it just under a month ago and have 84 hours in it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    I started it just under a month ago and have 84 hours in it.
    Yeah...

  13. #13
    It's 87 now.

  14. #14
    Once upon a time, I thought I might play Skyrim. I now realize that I will never and I was merely fooling myself. I should at least try to play Mass Effect 3 one of these days, since I played 2, and since I so rarely play WRPGs.

    What sort of books do you like?
    How is a raven like a writing desk?

    We have a lovely books thread, by the way.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    I started it just under a month ago and have 84 hours in it.
    I put 70 hours in the first week, noob.

  16. #16
    Edd Strid's Avatar
    2,269 posts since Mar 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    I started it just under a month ago and have 84 hours in it.
    Bloody students...

    Welcome to the forums.

  17. #17
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    13,591 posts since Mar 2007

    So have you actually beaten Skyrim? Or do you just make new characters? Just wondering, because I put 120+ hours into it, and have yet to beat it.

    Also, welcome.

  18. #18
    How does one even quantify the beating of it though? Because just doing the main quest(s) is so not anything substantial. I still haven't even started it.

  19. #19

    22,178 posts since Oct 2009
    The only way you can truly finish Skyrim is to finish off the Legion in New Vegas. Because they're futuristic post-apocalyptic remnants of the same Empire. Doesn't matter if you side with or against them in their medieval incarnation, just take a good look at both and watch how many times the term "Legate" pops up. They wear the exact same outfits and everything. Seriously.

    Also, welcome to the forums!


  20. #20
    I can't play New Vegas because it crashes when I leave the first settlement. It's like some fucked up post-apocalyptic Truman Show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Change forum colors & width:
Try a new theme: