Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077

Get hype.

The art looks cool. Yeah. Pretty much all there is to it yet. So there. Just post shit about it here if you want.

Also that song is great.

THE MR.E BIRD
    But what is it?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Made by the team that makes Witcher. Looks glorious. Good enough for me.

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    CD Projekt RED plus Cyberpunk. What else needs to be said?

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    More words.

I like how they just called it Cyberpunk 2077 because it looks like the most generic cyberpunk thing ever.

The world needs more generic cyberpunk stuff.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Sounds great. Colour me hyped.

There's a secret message in the trailer too:
    Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so Yo may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo so let's begin!First of all - have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting there are some things you can spot, like implants - look for the weapon hands and the real skin - corporate emblems that should look familiar and more. Happy hunting!
    You're probably curious about the release date. It's currently scheduled a way off in 2015 but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever - OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!
    Oh - and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our dev team so if you are a talented dude or dudette willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now!careers@cdprojektred.com
    So you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Mmm... We'll tell some more about it soon!
    And that's not all that's new. We are about the reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about :-) On the 5th of February it will all be clear.
    So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!
    We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife - what other name could we have chosen for it?
    CD Projekt RED Team

The Witcher 3 reveal seems imminent. Need to get on beating 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    I like how they just called it Cyberpunk 2077 because it looks like the most generic cyberpunk thing ever.

There's a lot of generic cyberpunk about?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Sounds great. Colour me hyped.

There's a secret message in the trailer too:

The Witcher 3 reveal seems imminent. Need to get on beating 1 and 2.
    Same here, have them both but never touched them.

I'm a helpless victim of the Steam sales.

Oh shit, hell yeah! Reading the release date of 2015, I thought it was incredibly far away, but then I realized this is 2013... Fuck, I feel like I'm getting old.

[Level 5: Mech]
    CD Projekt RED is all I need to know about this game. I have faith in them after the absolute joy I had with Witcher 2.

I'm going to be that guy who says I'll wait until I see gameplay

It's an rpg. There will be hidden dice rolls and you will pick from a tree to specialize your class with branching dialogue to advance the story. Gameplay revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    There's a lot of generic cyberpunk about?
    Not sure if rhetoric or meant to be answered but not many games look like they actually came about after watching Bladerunner. Or at least not many AAA titles.

Ohhh, I thought you were being sarcastic. My bad.

Yeah I'm shit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    But what is it?
    The song?

I think he means the game.

It's basically what Remedy said. Though the trailer doesn't really tell you much in that regard, it's about as informative as the Dead Island one was.
    Last edited by Panzadolphin56; 01-11-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Sentence, new order, has.

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    More words.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post

Actually, they called it that because it's based on the Cyberpunk tabletop system and it takes place in 2077. But yes, the world needs more cyberpunk, generic or otherwise.