Thread: RenMan3000 is the Name/Not Sucking is the Game

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

RenMan3000 is the Name/Not Sucking is the Game

Hello there.
    Wow, this is the first forum that I have ever joined that requires me to introduce myself. I think this is cool for some reason.

So, about me. I am part owner of Yah Man Games and one of it's lead designers and programmers. We are about to release our first title, Brains Vs Dummies for iOS. Android should be a few months out. We are quite proud of the title and feel that it has a good chance to perform a simple function. Entertain you, the user. It is funny, and catchy.

The premice is simple.... oh wait, this thread is supposed to be about me. Ok.....

So me, I have a fairly long story but I will make it as short and sweet as possible.

I started doing photography out of high school, then music. I did that for over 10 years. All the music was chopping up samples and rearranging them so in that, you could say I truly began to learn and understand design. Instead of only knowing that I liked something, I began to understand why. Then being able to apply that to my work was priceless.

However times were tough and I did not have the "party" mentaility to make it in showbiz, so, I applied to graphic design school. I got in, based on my photography. I went in not expecting to stand out, but it became clear I was pretty good at graphic design. It makes sense since my father was one. Go figure.

Again, however, I could not get a job out of college that was anything beyond coffee fetcher, this was 2008, at the hieght of the economic crash. So, I continued making music, doing websites, making flyers, but nothing of true ambition until one magical day I read an article discussing the "modern day gold rush" to app making. I knew I could do it. I had already begun basic programming with websites and my skill in graphic design would certainly help. Not to mention the countless summers I spent in my friends bedroom playing Mega Man when 10 years earlier our only choice for entertainment would have been throwing bricks at brick walls. UHHHHYYEEAh.

So, I talked to some key people into providing for me while I learnt how to program. I leant Tourqe Script originally. It was a good platform to learn in, but found it very limiting as an engine, so I switched to Unity and holy moses, my dreams have come true. For any game programmers out there, Unity is an excellent program. Rovio chose it for Bad Piggies. It is solid. Anyhow, my point is this, it has allowed me, and the people I have since brought on board to create something we feel is very special. Brains Vs Dummies.

I hope you all check out the game when it is released late this week or early next (January 9th 2013, time of post). We have a free version and a paid version at 0.99cents. Following the Angry Birds model you can expect a high quality game which is fun and easy to play but hard to put down. As well, owners will be blessed with plenty of content updates.

So, with that, we are Yah Man Games, I am renman3000 and I do believe it is time to party!!!!

Please check out our website @ www.brainsVsDummies.com

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    I'm conflicted. On the one hand, you made a pretty solid intro, however it was devoid of any gaming interests. This being a gaming forum and all. On the other hand, you could very well just be here to peddle your game/company, which is totally not cool.

I'm torn. But, assuming you actually plan on becoming an active member of the community, I can look past the flagrant whoring, and we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan3000 View Post
    Glans

knows stuff and things.
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    I'm conflicted. On the one hand, you made a pretty solid intro, however it was devoid of any gaming interests. This being a gaming forum and all. On the other hand, you could very well just be here to peddle your game/company, which is totally not cool.

I'm torn.
    I'm not. Spam until proven otherwise: Company's too poor to pay for spam services, I guess.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I like the brain though.

I just want to shoop a shaft and some goo on it.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Sorry boys, I had no idea the tone of the boards.

yes I am trying to peddle our game, of course, why wouldn't i? It's AWEEESOOOOMe. But ces la vis, thank you for the feedback.

So, people just discuss various games and other shorgusborg here??