Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 360 FNF: January 11th

360 FNF: January 11th

New to Friday Night Fights? It's easy to get involved!

Each week, a bunch of us Dtoiders get together to play video games online! It's a 100% community-run event, so feel free to join in or even host something yourself!

The planning for FNF starts here in the forums, where community members volunteer to host matches and post their pertinent details (game, time, Gamertag, etc.). Then, every Friday, reminder posts go up in the cblogs followed by a recap post on the front page for last-minute planning.

To join in, simply send a friend request to the match host! (Don't forget to say you're from Dtoid!) If you'd rather host something yourself, just post your details below in the following format:

Game Name
    Host: Dtoid Username
    Gamertag: Xbox Live Gamertag
    Time: Time and Time Zone

We hope to see you online!

Here's this week's schedule...

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I'm taking a break from hosting FNF stuff for a while. I haven't gotten a single response the last 3 or 4 times I hosted. People only want to play FPS games, apparently.

I'm disappointed in my Xbox 360 brethren.

Me too, I'm not sure why the 360 FNF has died as much as it has over the past few months. I know it doesn't help when I a can't host due to my schedule but damn, we used to have 6, 7 - 10 games going on per week and people were joining and playing!

I wish I knew some magic way to get people interested again. I've been trying! I promise!

Maybe we can get that Randy Dixon guy to make a front-page post or something. We need a call to action. Or someone big like Hamza or Jim to get into a few games. I remember geeking out back in the day when I joined a Halo 3 game with Dtoid editors playing alongside the community, my first FNF.

And you and Monk and company have gone beyond the call of duty to keep FNF afloat. Hats off to you for doing a kickass job every week across forums/cblogs/everywhere else. I notice all the little banners for the games and stuff. I notice.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Fuck you, guys. I am going to keep hosting games that no one is going to play with me. When someone does show up, I am going to give them the world's heftiest tug job.

Seriously though, I think most of the people that would be playing FNF are either playing with friends instead, working Fridays, or just aren't interested in what's being hosted. That being said, I am going to keep hosting Guardians of Middle Earth because I like and I'm going to be playing in anyway... also because Monk has cerebral palsy and cannot play the flute. What kind of stupid, parapelegic motherfucker can't play a motherfucking flute. STEPHEN FUCKING HAWKING CAN PLAY A FLUTE AND HE DOESN'T BITCH ABOUT IT LIKE MONK.

FUCK.

Guardians of Middle Earth

Host: falsenipple

Gamertag: OMGhotdogs
    Time: 10:00PM EST

Here is a video that is about real things.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Some dickface should do the weekend thing more often.

For me it's work. Right now I have a terrible schedule for FNF. I can play some but just not for too long because I get off late on Friday and then have to be up early on Saturday. It'll probably get worse in soon before it gets better. Also I think it has to do with some of the games being stagnant. Last time I hosted BF3 a few weeks ago I didn't have anyone show up and Halo 4 I only had 4, including me. Maybe people are just tired of the games that are out now. I wish there would be something new that would hold a large party like a FPS but not be a FPS. Don't have a clue what that'd be though. Maybe we could do a Netflix night. Get into a party, all pick the same horrible movie and start it at the same time and just rip on it.

As far as I know, the next big thing is going to be Anarchy Reigns. I saw someone mention hosting one for it a while back.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    We've tried to get more staff involved in FNF, but sadly, the majority of the Dtoid staff seems to hate playing games with other people :/

You guys are doing all you can, so don't feel bad about your efforts. I'll try to post something later this week to get more people involved, because this lack of interest makes my boner hurt.

Thanks for all that you guys do <3

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    PS - Check your email, Flamoctapus. You won the Razer Tiamat contest and I need your address, bitch.

:'( I didn't win! Damn!

Sorry dawg

Halo 4
    Host: Mr Andy Dixon
    GT: Mr Andy Dixon
    10 Pacific | 1 Eastern

[Level 5: Mech]
    Anarchy Reigns
    Host: Konnery
    GT: TheBukkaKing
    9 Pacific | 12 Eastern

Willing to start earlier, this is just the cut-off.

Gears of War 3
    12:00 AM CST
    Epic KxLIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    PS - Check your email, Flamoctapus. You won the Razer Tiamat contest and I need your address, bitch.
    Emali has been sent!

I really wanted to host something but I also really want to play Guardians with falsenipple and Konnery is already hosting the game I was gonna host. Lets just say you guys have at least one guaranteed participant.

Also, thank you for the kind words Char Aznable. I have met most of the Dtoiders I play with today through FNF so it means a lot to me to try to keep it strong so other people can have the same experience.

With all these emotions going around I have feeling its going to get weird soon.

Let's touch butts, everyone.

Just so errone knows, I'm gonna host some Persona 4: Arena on the 360 side at 9PM Eastern. I'm trying to get back into hosting some FNF action and it seems like the fighting scene is lacking since the last time I was dedicated to FNFin'. I may not be the best player in the world but at the least I can get a lobby going, and possibly even stream us too if you guys would be interested in an FNF stream! Also, since P4A got announced for EVO this year I really wanna celebrate the occasion.

And for the people that don't know me, my gamertag is vApathyv.