Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 FNF: January 11th

[Level 7: Sentinel]

PS3 FNF: January 11th

Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
    To play:
    • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.

• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.

• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.

To host:
    • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well.

• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.

• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.

• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
    All times Eastern.

Game: BLOPS 2
    Time: 9
    Host: KymikoLoco
    PSN: KimikoLoco
    AWWW YISSS

Game: Payday: The Heist
    Time: 10
    Host: JPNags
    PSN: Yourfacedotcom

Game: Anarchy Reigns / Max Anarchy
    Time: 11
    Host: Epic-KxDtoid
    PSN: UncannySilk
    Epic will also be playing earlier, before 7pm. Send a message to find out more.
    Last edited by Trev; 01-09-2013 at 11:38 AM.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Bulletstorm
    9pm
    CornflakeJustice

Is your clan really SOUP?
    Oh yea, I need to buy that.

Game: Blops 2
    Time: 10:00pm

Hopefully I/we don't ditch Yourfacedotcom this time :/

I FELT SO BAD WHEN HE MESSAGED ME.

Quote Originally Posted by KymikoLoco View Post

Actually I might be out this week. I have to double check my plans for Friday evening...

/stupid plans coming up...

[Level 5: Mech]
    Max Anarchy/Reigns
    ALL DAY (To be specific, anytime before 7PM and after 11PM)
    UncannySilk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iqPT26AH940

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-KxDtoid View Post
    Max Anarchy/Reigns
    UncannySilk
    Can I put the time down as 11pm EST and say you might also be playing earlier in the afternoon in the note?

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Can I put the time down as 11pm EST and say you might also be playing earlier in the afternoon in the note?
    Sure!

Who me?

Yeah I think I already deleted you... hmm. Well i'm not buying/playing blops 2 so guess you guys can count me out for FPS unless you play battlefield. I was just under the impression that you were hosting since it said so on the FNF post on Dtoid. Yeah this is Yourfacedotcom by the way.

So I'll host battlefield this week.

Host: Yourfacedotcom

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic-KxDtoid View Post
    Max Anarchy/Reigns
    UncannySilk
    I'll be Anarchy Reigns on Friday 7 or 8ish PM not sure what time that is over in America

PSN: DpadJoe

Quote Originally Posted by DpadJoe View Post
    I'll be Anarchy Reigns on Friday 7 or 8ish PM not sure what time that is over in America

PSN: DpadJoe
    The "all times eastern" link will get you to a clock so you can work out the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.

All times Eastern.

Game: Bulletstorm
    Time: 9
    Host: CornflakeJustice
    PSN: CornflakeJustice
    bumtittyweewee

Game: BLOPS 2
    Host: KymikoLoco
    Kim feels bad about being a bad friend and maybe about killing all those children by playing BLOPS2 but probably not.

Game: Battlefield 3
    Host: JPNags
    PSN: Yourfacedotcom
    Face is grumpy how BLOPS will kill all your moms and your dogs.
    You know what, lets change that to Payday
    Game: Payday
    Host Yourfacedotcom

Hope you like invites =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by JPNags View Post
    You know what, lets change that to Payday
    Game: Payday
    Host Yourfacedotcom

Hope you like invites =^.^=
    Catvites

Yeah I think I already deleted you... hmm. Well i'm not buying/playing blops 2 so guess you guys can count me out for FPS unless you play battlefield. I was just under the impression that you were hosting since it said so on the FNF post on Dtoid. Yeah this is Yourfacedotcom by the way.

We were playing black ops, and I asked them (we had 6 or 8 people I think) if they wanted to continue to play Blops, and everyone who would play BF3 with me said yes, so I played that instead. You were the only person to message to me about BF3, everyone else that was going to play was already in Blops.

And did you seriously delete my PSN over it? .... for true?

sadkitty082611.jpg

We were playing black ops, and I asked them (we had 6 or 8 people I think) if they wanted to continue to play Blops, and everyone who would play BF3 with me said yes, so I played that instead. You were the only person to message to me about BF3, everyone else that was going to play was already in Blops.

And did you seriously delete my PSN over it? .... for true?

sadkitty082611.jpg
    So since I was the only person to message you for BF3, then it was totally cool for you to flake out on hosting? Sure I get it. Well I guess you don't have to "feel bad about ditching me" again, so that's a bonus for you anyway right?
    FFS this is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything about this little get together. Friday night flake bullshit. If you mentioned before that you were going to cancel it fine, but this is not the way to go about it. I don't know how many times we quit out of a game because a single person was expecting a planned host. This is no excuse.
    Last edited by JPNags; 01-09-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Also it's "blops will kill your children" Zilch. Also it will kill your brain.

Besides I don't know what test tube you came out of but I do not have multiple moms.

So since I was the only person to message you for BF3, then it was totally cool for you to flake out on hosting? Sure I get it. Well I guess you don't have to "feel bad about ditching me" again, so that's a bonus for you anyway right?
    FFS this is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything about this little get together. Friday night flake bullshit. If you mentioned before that you were going to cancel it fine, but this is not the way to go about it. I don't know how many times we quit out of a game because a single person was expecting a planned host. This is no excuse.
    Everybody else who would have joined Battlefield was playing Call of Duty and you weren't online. We were asked if we wanted to break up the group, which was larger than the BF3 party system supports even if everybody there had it, and head over to Battlefield and we decided not to. Had you been online when we checked, we would have moved over. By the time you messaged us about it, there was time for maybe one round of Battlefield if we found a game right away. We never find a game right away and I'm always the one that gets stuck looking through the list, so I just made sure you got into Space Marine instead of going through that hassle to probably get put on a losing, in-progress game of rush.

Also it's "blops will kill your children" Zilch. Also it will kill your brain.

Besides I don't know what test tube you came out of but I do not have multiple moms.
    It is within the realm of possibility for multiple children to have multiple mothers and different pets. It's also a throwaway line from Metalocalypse.
    Last edited by Trev; 01-09-2013 at 11:44 AM.

It happened once (with me), and we have a fun time playing with you, can't this just be a case of 'I'm sorry I flaked out once, don't I get one free pass for flaking?'

I genuinely feel bad about it, and you won't accept an apology from me.

What do you want from me, then?

Oh, and speaking of flaking, cornflakes is flaking on Bulletstorm this week. Turns out a friend is coming into town and I'm responsible for entertaining them and such. So I'm going to go in my corner and feel bad now.