Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Celi's Introductional Thread

Celi's Introductional Thread

Hi, I'm Celi .

I really like Destructoid (Jim Sterling is the coolest person in the Universe), and I wandered over to the forums once and saw that everyone here is sort of pleasantly deranged. Hence I'm here writing this introduction.

I like Western RPGs, Eastern RPGs to a lesser extent, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear (Solid Snake is the coolest person in the Universe), Doctor Who (11=best Doctor and is the coolest person in the Universe), Doctor Who's soundtrack, Chameleon Circuit, this forum's smilies (), Jonathan Holmes (who is the coolest person in the Universe), TVTropes, and lots of other things. Currently playing MGS4 (for the first time) and AC3's amazing online multiplayer. I really have no idea if "introductional" is a word, but i doubt it.

Also, I'm apparently not all that good at forum introductions. So...hi.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I like your colored name.

As for the multiple coolest persons in the universe, though...I think Highlander had it right, actually.

What's your favorite book?

What do you like outside of videogames? What do you do?

Who would you most like to hug? Which is your favorite Jared Leto movie?

Don't encourage the fresh meat to colour Steven, you know that's bad.

Welcome! Favourite MGS boss? Favourite Hind gunship boss battle from MGS1?

[Level 7: Sentinel]

Welcome.

Who is the coolest person in the universe?

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celi View Post
    (Jim Sterling is the coolest person in the Universe)
    (Solid Snake is the coolest person in the Universe)
    (11=best Doctor and is the coolest person in the Universe)
    Jonathan Holmes (who is the coolest person in the Universe)
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

*queue awesome Highlander music*

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    I like your colored name. Thanks. Incidentally, I thought of a good excuse to color some more.

As for the multiple coolest persons in the universe, though...I think Highlander had it right, actually.

What's your favorite book? I find it way too hard to pick favorites of things, but I'm currently reading Conan Arthur Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, specifically the Red-Headed League.

What do you like outside of videogames? Cereal, writing, comics both manga and not-manga (just getting started on the Walking Dead)...speaking of cereal... *leaves and comes back with a bowl* What do you do? My job, you mean? World domination.

Who would you most like to hug? A little kid who fuckin' loves coloring. Which is your favorite Jared Leto movie? Sorry, but...Jared Leto?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Don't encourage the fresh meat to colour Steven, you know that's bad.

Welcome! Thanks! Favourite MGS boss? If you mean MGS1, I'll go with the obvious answer: Psycho Mantis. From all of them, the End from MGS3. His fight might be the most tense, thrilling part of any game I've played, especially the first time around. Favourite Hind gunship boss battle from MGS1?...There were more than one? I just remember one, on the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Strid View Post
    *hug*

Welcome. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    Who is the coolest person in the universe? Revolver Ocelot, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Welcome to the Forums. Thanks
    This post needs at least three characters outside the quotes, apparently

[Level 6: Robot]
    Welcome, person who can use color tags better than me.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Great, more colouring folk.

You totally sidestepped the question already but I am gonna ask again, WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING? If it helps, this is a forum of degenerate unemployed, students, menial workers and some people with cool jobs. Welcome!

Beast Master

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    I like your colored name.
    Raiciss.

High school student. And I won't make a habit of the colors, I was just doing that cause somebody told me not to.

If you mean MGS1, I'll go with the obvious answer: Psycho Mantis. From all of them, the End from MGS3. His fight might be the most tense, thrilling part of any game I've played, especially the first time around.
    Yeah, Psycho Mantis is probably one of the best. I found the bosses in 4 probably the worst, just completely unimaginative. I quite like Vamp and Fortune, and Sniper Wolf myself.

...There were more than one? I just remember one, on the roof.
    No, there was only one, that was the joke.

Are you a Kojima fan in general or just MGS?

[Level 3: Humanoid] ConnorTheScot's Avatar
    ...I beg of you, grant me the strength to take this... final prey... let me linger in this world just a little longer. I have already slept enough for one lifetime... enough for an eternity, you have my thanks. I have to thank you... for waking me, if you hadn't shown up, my sleep would have been eternal... do you hear me, Snake? I am The End, I am here to bring you to your ultimate fate. You will make a fine quarry for my final hunt.

Loved it when I first heard it, still live it! I now need to set up my play station 2 and replay the mgs series!

Welcome to the forums Celi!

dtoidtounge

Yeah, Psycho Mantis is probably one of the best. I found the bosses in 4 probably the worst, just completely unimaginative. I quite like Vamp and Fortune, and Sniper Wolf myself.

No, there was only one, that was the joke.

Are you a Kojima fan in general or just MGS?
    I've only played MGS, and I'm not really all that interested in the first two Metal Gear games, but I might try one of his visual novels.

I just got to the Laughing Octopus fight recently, and I thought that was pretty cool. There have been fight with camouflaged or semi-invisible bosses before but this was the first time Snake's role was fully reversed as a fight's basic premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorTheScot View Post
    ...I beg of you, grant me the strength to take this... final prey... let me linger in this world just a little longer. I have already slept enough for one lifetime... enough for an eternity, you have my thanks. I have to thank you... for waking me, if you hadn't shown up, my sleep would have been eternal... do you hear me, Snake? I am The End, I am here to bring you to your ultimate fate. You will make a fine quarry for my final hunt.

Loved it when I first heard it, still live it! I now need to set up my play station 2 and replay the mgs series!

Welcome to the forums Celi!
    Thanks!

I've only played MGS, and I'm not really all that interested in the first two Metal Gear games, but I might try one of his visual novels.

I just got to the Laughing Octopus fight recently, and I thought that was pretty cool. There have been fight with camouflaged or semi-invisible bosses before but this was the first time Snake's role was fully reversed as a fight's basic premise.
    Yeah, the actual boss fights aren't so bad, I just meant the character design - it's just basically 'hey, let's just make them four hot women in suits', which is pretty boring. A lot of the original concept art looked a lot more interesting, weird inhuman-looking suited figures and these sort of androgynous looking people with weird scars and shit.

[Level 3: Humanoid] ConnorTheScot's Avatar
    Yeah, the actual boss fights aren't so bad, I just meant the character design - it's just basically 'hey, let's just make them four hot women in suits', which is pretty boring. A lot of the original concept art looked a lot more interesting, weird inhuman-looking suited figures and these sort of androgynous looking people with weird scars and shit.
    I quickly got sick of the repeated back story of the bosses, it just seemed like they were really bleeding the whole thing dry when they told the story behind the 4 bosses.

Well, the whole point is that each suffered some terrible trauma that gave them a hardened shell over their "beautiful" inner selves, so we need to know what those traumas were. It might be better if they actually gave the monologues themselves like most of MGS1 and 2's bosses did; just having the all-knowing Drebin deliver their life story makes it seem perfunctory. In fact, the two bosses I've gotten to, Laughing Octopus and Raging Raven, actually said very little that wasn't incoherent.

Yeahhhhh... that's true and all but any emotional impact they would have had is kinda pretty much ruined by the fact they're mostly just presented as fap material. If it weren't for the skin-tight costumes and crotch shots they might have had more impact.

Still, it's a good game. Just mired in a few too many Kojima-isms at times.

knows stuff and things.
    I wandered over to the forums once and saw that everyone here is sort of pleasantly deranged.
    Oi! Wassat? I'm not pleasantly deranged.

Welcome to the asylum, where the orderlies are drunk, and the rest's on some kind of drug.