Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44

Thread: Animal Crossing New Leaf

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    So because of FFXIV and GTA V (among other things), I'm not really playing Animal Crossing anymore. If anyone is interested, I wouldn't mind giving away my stuff in the game. I haven't played the game in probably a week, and I have no intention of playing anymore. Maybe send me a pm, or respond in this thread if you want something. I never deleted anyone from my friends list.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Dibs on your Nintendo stuff. I haven't played in months either, but having that whole set done would be awesome.

The buzz sure did wear off. I'm back to slamming my Vita. Will probably go back at some point in time but I don't foresee when.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    The missus still plays it, but I pretty much saw everything I needed to see.

That said, I do get the feeling that everyone burned through the game so they could devote all their time to Pokemon X/Y. Compared to Wild World, the buzz around this was a hell of a lot shorter.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I stopped a while ago. I still want to pop in periodically in the future, but for the most part it is on the back burner. My best friend on the other hand has put 210 hours into it and is still finding new stuff. Absurd.

Periodically is how this game is meant to be played.

Part of the reason why I didn't take up Alpha's offers is because I didn't want to have an entire collection of things within a month. There's a year's worth of entertainment being drip fed as you play on/off in small sessions. I'm not surprised everyone is burned out already.

Juice Box
    Unfortunately, I fell victim to the burnt out feeling as well. It was an awesome 2-3 months, but I don't really see myself going back to it ever. Lol.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Same here. The thrill is gone.

Played this for the first time since September today and was surprised that Isabelle didn't say anything about my absence before she loaded my town. There were a bunch of weeds in town, but not a terrible amount, and a handful of cockroaches in my house, but otherwise nothing had really changed. Only one of my villagers was gone, but it's been so long it could be that she was on her way out the last time I played and I just forgot. Got a plot of land set aside for a new villager moving in to take her place. None of my villagers were mad at me, they just said things like "everybody needs a break/vacation" and went about their business. I paid Leif ten thousand belles to pull all the weeds overnight.

This game really is the easy mode version of the others in the series. I mean, I already experienced how easy belles and items were to get, and there's the fact that you have to make a conscious effort in order to get Resetti to yell at you, and now I know that there is zero penalty for abandoning your town and its residents for months on end.

Juice Box
    I agree. That's weird that they didn't really seem to care that you were gone. I figured you would have gotten a stronger response from the mayor's assistant at least too.

It kind of seemed like everyone stopped playing this game 2-3 months in. The game was certainly fun for me during that time, but I couldn't help but feel like I had already done this a few times before. (Which I did in other games). Maybe it was just the hype for a new animal crossing with better online features, but I can't say I'll be buying the next iteration of this series. Loved my time with it though.

The missus is pretty much close to 100% now, and swaps the townsfolk to keep it fresh, but I think she's ready to move on. The holiday stuff from Oct-Dec was fun, but once it's over, there's nothing going on. It's really jarring how it plummets on the downtime. I think, next time, they need to figure out more weekend activities or put in one unique event per month to keep the pace going.

There needs to be random catastrophes to keep it interesting beyond the collect-a-thons and marking off checklists. Flash flooding with dangerous sharks swimming through town (making sharks dangerous when you're out swimming should be done anyways, by the way). California style forest fires making their way through town. Zombies. All of that good stuff.

[Level 2: Human] Infinitestrike's Avatar
    I've been playing it on and off for the last two months, but Pokemon X and Ace Attorney is taking up most of my time now. There's not much to do now.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I need gorgeous furniture is that's what everyone's saying

I still have a small routine going on, especially with my girlfriend and due to interactions at work (Disneyland). I'm certainly not as devoted but my attachment to my villagers and interacting with Disney guests keeps me in a pocket.

That's not a knife...

[Level 5: Mech]
    A friendly reminder that tomorrow is Shamrock Day.

http://patrick-mayor-of-shamrock.tum...-like-chicagos

Shamrock Villlage should be a nice Irish-themed dream village to visit if you can't find anyone to do it up with. One of my usual outfits already fits for Shamrock day: green sweats, pilot shades, and a Li'l Bro hat.