Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Resolutions Thread.

So I woke up this morning (5pm) and poured out any booze I had left and tossed the rest of my cigarettes. I feel like shit right now because I tied one on super hard last night, but I think I'm going to be able to pull this off.

Scotland's Response to Deadpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    by the end of 2013 I will quit smoking. I will be more of an asshole, and either sleep with way more women or find someone to settle down into a semi serious relationship with.
    Are we not serious?

Also, Conor, you're gonna die. I bags your stuff.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    You don't want none of these 360 cats.

You're going to have to ask your mom for permission we so grewed up.

No seriously, FNFs have been deader than dead for the past 2 years at least on the 360 side. Everyone that played in them got comfortable with each other enough to just play with themselves and never broadcast their playing time anymore, games like L4D 1 and 2, Halo Reach, and Gears 2. Fighters never even stood a chance thanks to the efforts of me and KD creating a monopoly in friendships.

Those uk kids rightfully play only with each other because ewww keep the freaks contained to their lunch table.
    That's too bad. I don't have a 360 though. I occasionally play fighters, but not too seriously and even then it's typically SFxT on PC. I wish I liked TF2 as much as everyone else does on PC, but not so much.

If anyone plays SFxT or SSFIV:AE on PC hit me up though. While I'm at it Mass Effect 3, Counter Strike GO too.

I'd say Borderlands II and Torchlight II, but everybody seems to have blazed through those already and I've hardly touched them, only being about level 10 in both of those.

[Level 5: Mech]
    For nearly this entire last year, I've been working Friday evenings. This is no longer the case. Therefore, there will be more 360 FNF in my future.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboKill View Post
    This reminds me, I actually want to get involved in some FNFs for a change.
    Awesome. Been a little slow these past few weeks, at least on the 360 side. Hopefully once everyone gets back on their routine things will pick up.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Write and read more often, beat more games, and learn how to play stringed instruments.

Also, drum more. Much, much more.

I've got three myself.

One- Keep up the steady ascension to awesomeness I started at the end of 2012. The majority of that year was an absolute hell for me. I was lonely, miserable, and a raging alcoholic that confined himself to his room with a bottle of rum every night. Fast forward to now and I've got a full time job, great friends, and one hell of a family in the form of the Dtoid community. Things will only go up from here.

Two- Learn a new skill. This is a repeating resolution of mine for years now. 21 was learn how to mix drinks well, 22 was learn to cook. This year? Not sure yet but I bet it'll be something fun. I like having notches under my belt and you never know when some completely random off the wall skill will come in handy.

And three- Devote more time to the Dtoid community. Lately I've been just hanging out on Twitter and making (very) sporadic comments on the front page. After going to MAGFest this past weekend though and meeting the community that I can now honestly call family after being a part of this site for five and a half years, I want to be a part of -everything-. I'm getting back to C-blogs. Getting back to commenting. I've joined the forums. I'm gonna start hosting FNF stuff again, particularly try to get some fighting games back up there since that seems to be lacking these days (as TurboKill pointed out). And to top it all off, LawOfThermalDynamics has trusted me enough to give me the incredible honor of taking over the C-Blog Interviews. Long story short, I'm committed to being the most dedicated Dtoider I can be again and it feels amazing.

That's it for me though. Wish all you bros/broettes the best of luck in your resolutions as well!

High five. I'm sticking mainly to the forums, since I'm a terrible writer for C Blogs.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by vApathyv View Post
    Two- Learn a new skill. This is a repeating resolution of mine for years now. 21 was learn how to mix drinks well, 22 was learn to cook. This year? Not sure yet but I bet it'll be something fun. I like having notches under my belt and you never know when some completely random off the wall skill will come in handy.
    I haven't been on the forums in a long time and I was never really active enough that any of you will probably remember me, but what better place to start posting again than in the New Year's thread? I really like the skill idea, it's simple so it should be pretty easy to accomplish and I assume you end up feeling pretty accomplished at the end of the year.

Also, I'm going to try and just focus on making myself happy more. I get so caught up in other things that sometimes I forget to just sit back and decide what is best for me, not what's best for us, or best for you, but best for fucking me.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    I remember you!

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Mine is to make a better effort at the gym.

I did well last year and lost 20ish pounds but I want to throw some more muscle on.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I have a few, most having to do with Destructoid in general.

1: Become more active on Destructoid (comments, forum posts, c-blogs, etc.)
    2: Listen to more Destructoid podcasts, official and unofficial
    3: Listen to Destructoid podcasts less than a day after being released
    4: Learn to code again, I forgot due to not doing any coding for a little over a year.

Oh wow, CaffeineKnight! I haven't seen your pretty face (name?) around here in a long time.

Honkey Kong
    Go back to school for Programming and Electrical Maintenance

Dead 600, squat 500.

Totally fine with skeezers
    All I wanna do is find a better job. And move to Denver.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
    All I wanna do is find a better job. And move to Denver.
    We could be neighbors!

Totally fine with skeezers
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    We could be neighbors!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Get in shape. Get a girl. Stop slacking in school.