Thread: PS3 FNF: January 4th Edition

[Level 6: Robot]

PS3 FNF: January 4th Edition

Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
    To play:
    • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.

• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.

• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.

To host:
    • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well.

• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.

• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.

• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
    Good lord, what a two weeks it has been! I'm back now. Provided nothing [i]really[i] insane happens, which it shouldn't. I'll be playing vidya games again this week after my strange rather unexpected two week hiatus. Did I miss anything fun?

--Corn

All times Eastern.

Game: Fishy Poops II: The Blackening
    Time: 9pm
    Host: CornflakeJustice
    PSN: CornflakeJustice
    Dis time we gon' do it up Cajun style.

Game: Sony Smash Bros: The Battle Royale of All-Stars (Playstation All-Star: Battle Royale)
    Time: 9PM
    Host: Mark Mann
    PSN: The_Trooper_669
    Start time is at 9PM, but please send messages before hand.

Killzone 3
    10:30 PM CST
    UncannySilk

Game: Battlefield 3
    Time: 11pm
    PSN: KimikoLoco

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
    12:00 AM CST
    UncannySilk

40K Space Marine
    12am
    ElZilcho
    Last edited by CornflakeJustice; 01-03-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Game: Sony Smash Bros: The Battle Royale of All-Stars (Playstation All-Star: Battle Royale)
    Time: Start time is at 9PM, but please send messages before hand.
    Host: Lord of the Thunder/Kickass667/Mark Mann/Whatever names I've had in the past.
    PSN: The_Trooper_669

[Level 5: Mech]
    Killzone 3
    10:30 PM CST
    UncannySilk

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
    12:00 AM CST
    UncannySilk

Is your clan really SOUP?
    OMG HOW MUCH I'VE MISSED YOU ALL.
    So much drinking needs to happen. I got some awesome Whisper Creek sipping whiskey, and I have tiny bottles of liquor to consume. I will also need reminders to keep drinking my drink, otherwise I forget it is there.

I shall join for Blops2, and host a game of Battletoads at a later time.

Game: Battlefield 3
    Time: 11pm
    PSN: KimikoLoco

[Level 7: Sentinel]

40K Space Marine
    12am
    ElZilcho
    Last edited by Trev; 01-02-2013 at 04:17 PM.

So Bulletstorm is currently apparently like 10$ for plus users, anyone interested in giving the multiplayer a shot? It was a lot of fun when it worked though I had some troubles getting it to work when it initially came out I think it's supposed to have been fixed.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice View Post
    So Bulletstorm is currently apparently like 10$ for plus users, anyone interested in giving the multiplayer a shot? It was a lot of fun when it worked though I had some troubles getting it to work when it initially came out I think it's supposed to have been fixed.
    Hmm....Perhaps If I have some spare cash, I'll pick it up.

EDIT.

Just checked my bank, and I can get down with it. Just need more people to go for it, correct? If so, I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-KxDtoid View Post
    Hmm....Perhaps If I have some spare cash, I'll pick it up.

EDIT.

Just checked my bank, and I can get down with it. Just need more people to go for it, correct? If so, I'll bite.
    Yeah I think the multiplayer thing is 4 people. Kymiko dearey I think this game would be RIGHT up your alley!
    Last edited by CornflakeJustice; 01-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice View Post
    Yeah I think the multiplayer thing is 4 people. Kymiko dearey I think this game would be RIGHT up your alley!
    I played the demo, had a ton of fun with it, but I don't have PS+, I think my boyfriend does, so I might pick it up if you REALLY want to play tonight or this month :P

PS+ Promotions last all month, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KymikoLoco View Post
    I played the demo, had a ton of fun with it, but I don't have PS+, I think my boyfriend does, so I might pick it up if you REALLY want to play tonight or this month :P

PS+ Promotions last all month, right?
    I think they usually do. I'll double check and see if I can find an expiry thing on the sale date. I don't know that tonight will work as we're already playing a bunch of stuff and there's a good chance I'm going to be a little bit late to Blops2 as my step mother needs me to run an errand forever away, but I don't think I'll be late.

Next week?

I am good with that.