Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Games You Want to Play but Can't (For Whatever Reason)

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I want to play Halo: CE on system link with a bunch of friends. I'm no longer 20 years old so this will likely never happen.

I also want to play Binding of Isaac but it runs like shit on my laptop and I'm too dyslexic for the keyboard controls. The console version can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BadStar View Post
    I also want to play Binding of Isaac but it runs like shit on my laptop and I'm too dyslexic for the keyboard controls. The console version can't come soon enough.
    Definitely agree here. I tried it with a controller on my laptop, but my laptop is shit and it just didn't work.

Pwnd
    I want to play Far Cry 3 with an Oculus Rift but can't because the consumer friendly version isn't planned for release until later this year. Tempted to seek out a cheap generic alternative in the meantime, like the so-called VR goggles I saw in Toys R Us. The idea seems likely to show up in multiple incarnations because any video company can produce the concept in a basic, stripped down form. All you really need are miniature wearable screens which accept HD input. Case in point:

http://www.vuzix.com/consumer/produc...ported_devices

Lol. It's like seeing knockoffs hit the market before the original.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Definitely agree here. I tried it with a controller on my laptop, but my laptop is shit and it just didn't work.
    So what didn't work, the controller, or the game?

If it's the controller, try Motioninjoy(.com). It's a beautiful app.

My laptop is the problem. It just doesn't run games well.

I have a pretty decent laptop and it still chugs when running BoI. It's just a drawback of the game being developed in Flash. But I also have a hard time playing any 2D game with twitchy controls on a keyboard. It just feels unnatural.

I want to play Uncharted 3's multiplayer but I can't because Naughty Dog's matchmaking system sucks so you're constantly being matched up against pub players and getting stomped by a bunch of Spanish dudes who've been playing this game every day since it came out who cackle and squeal loudly every time they dodge-roll behind you for a OHK is not very fun.

Anybody here played Metal Gear Online when it was, you know, online? It's kind of like that.

Uncharted 3's multiplayer in a nutshell:

I really want to play Grim Fandango and System Shock 2, but neither of them are available for download anywhere ("anywhere" being GOG in this case), and getting a copy from an auction site is crazy expensive. Even if I did get hold of a copy for a reasonable price, there's the question of them running on my computer (I'm sure they would, but you never know).

I also want to play Amnesia, which I got from a Humble Bundle, but my computer can't run it.

And I share several other's sentiment of "too many games, not enough time". Just bought six games on GOG during their Apocalypse sale (thanks, Destructoid, who made me aware of it), among them Deus Ex, a huge, immersive RPG from what I've gathered, but with a full-time job and with other games I feel obligated to finish first, as well as a book that has taken longer for me to read than I like, I don't see myself starting that for some time.

I think I've heard that Grim Fandango is notoriously difficult to make run on modern rigs.

I did the same thing with Amnesia, I feel your pain.

I started Deus Ex, then got to a part where I truly understood how huge it was going to be, and had to step away at the time. I'll go back sometime soon, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage of Excellence View Post
    I really want to play Grim Fandango and System Shock 2, but neither of them are available for download anywhere ("anywhere" being GOG in this case), and getting a copy from an auction site is crazy expensive. Even if I did get hold of a copy for a reasonable price, there's the question of them running on my computer (I'm sure they would, but you never know).
    Not 100% sure it works (because I haven't tried it myself) but there is an installer out there that lets you run Grim Fandango on modern systems. As for SS2, that runs, there's a few patches out that bring it upto date, I think it's called SS2 Tool 4.4, if you get that, it runs near perfectly. Haven't had any crashes, actually even without it the crashes were only occasional.

knows stuff and things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage of Excellence View Post
    Install Grim Fandango: http://quickandeasysoftware.net/soft...fandango-setup
    Play Grim Fandango: http://quickandeasysoftware.net/soft...dango-launcher
    Watch Grim Fandango: http://lparchive.org/Grim-Fandango-(Video)/ (Excellent!)

It's almost like you know some things about stuff.

knows stuff and things.
    ^^

Three character limit? SHENANIGANS!

Can't play Trinity Universe for the PS3.. I just can't.. Love me some Turn Based RPGs though, and the picking are slim as it is!

I want to play all the stuff I stupidly bought on PC but I can't run on my laptop because it's a piece of crap, despite it allegedly having the grunt to run them all.

I want to play DMC 1 but as someone who was introduced to the series with #4 I can't go back and play that game. It just has so many massive issues that have been ironed out of the genre long ago. That coupled with the insane difficulty just make it unplayable to me.

I used to want to play through Project Sylpheed. That was a very long time ago. Got stuck on a ridiculous difficulty spike and could never make it past. Maybe I should start a new game on it since it's been so long.

I also wanted to play Tales of Vesperia since the series looked like JRPGs I could actually get in to. A rare thing for me. I played the demo long ago and I remember enjoying it. I foolishly downloaded it off XBL a few days ago and found myself dumbfounded at the awful battle system.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I want to play some of the "high profile" PS3 exclusives (God of War, Uncharted, etc.). But I haven't owned a Playstation console since the Playstation itself, which has broken. I'm also wanting to play the Metal Gear Solid games, I remember playing one on my old Playstation, but it has been awhile since then, but I cannot play any of them due to not owning the new HD collection. I'm also wanting to play ZombiU, and just generally mess with the WiiU, but I don't have either.

[Level 2: Human]
    I want to play Tokyo Jungle but I don't want to buy a PS3.
    Little Big Planet, same reason as above.

There's so many games I wish I could play but can't because I don't have a PS3. Okami HD, Ico HD Collection, Journey, the God of War games, Ni No Kuni, Gran Turismo 5, FFF13vs if it ever comes out, the Yakuza games, Way of the Samurai 4, and maybe even import the Initial D and Wangan Midnight games. I've always held off getting a PS3 since I never felt like there were enough games I wanted for it. But that list seems to have grown pretty long now. But I fear it's too late in the console cycle to get one. I'm temped now though...

I really want to play Half-Life 3 and The Last Guardian, but can't because they'll never get released.