Thread: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition

[Level 5: Mech]

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition

Shit's gonna be bananas!!

Still responds to BLOO

Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition

It's not the same game, and seems like it might be more akin to a revamp like Super Street Fighter II HD Remix from what Seth Killian has said.

Anyway, I wonder if they'll be redrawing the sprites. They still look pretty amazing.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Unless they're having a big-time animation studio redo sprites, I hope they leave it as is.

Also, I no longer give a shit if Q gets added to IV.

Still responds to BLOO
    We could just merge the threads. I'll ask Mxy.

Also fuck no they better not redraw the sprites.

Last edited by Hector Garfria; 07-24-2010 at 08:54 PM.

[Level 6: Robot]
    They wont' redraw sprites, they have like 10x as many animation frames as SSFT ones, so it would take forever. Game re-balancing however...

Who do you think needs to be rebalanced the most? I hate to say it, but I think they made Oro just a little too powerful last time. Maybe they could tie both of his hands behind his back and just let him headbutt.

Still responds to BLOO

That's just how I feel about it.

I've said this in the Super thread as well but I do not want 3S to get rebalanced in this version. It's clearly got it's problems balance-wise but any tinkering with the current build would not make it 3S anymore. If they want to release a new game with this engine, go right ahead, that'd be awesome. But I don't want an "online edition" of an arcade game to be anything else than that exact arcade game online.
    If they did rebalance it, instead of achieving its point as I see it - getting new players into the game - they'd instead split the 3rd Strike community HDR-style. I'd try it but would stick with ggpo in the end if they changed anything substantial, because I want my skill to translate to the arcade version once I go back to Japan.
    That's how I see it and though I absolutely don't agree, I can also see where people are coming from when they're calling for a rebalance. I sure hope Capcom agrees with my side though.

I'm officially hyped!

I own the anniversary collection for the original xbox, but will still buy this day one no questions asked.

I'm with Mueti, as broken as the game could be at times, it just wouldn't feel the same if they added a rebalanced mode.
    just like I'm not sure if I even want them to redraw the sprites. HDR looked okay (it actually looked rubbish at times) but the feel of the original was completely gone. If they do redraw the sprites - which is unlikely since they have so many frames, although Capcom did say the game's still far from done - I hope they make it easy to switch between old and new style, and give us the old backdrops too, unlike HDR.

anyway. so hyped.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I will not buy this unless it's rebalanced. I fight enough Kens and Chuns in SFIV. The last thing I want is to hop online to fight more Kens and Chuns and add in a few Yuns.

I'm of the opinion that if nothing else they should include a rebalanced mode but give people the option to default to the original build.

Quote Originally Posted by nilcam View Post
    I will not buy this unless it's rebalanced. I fight enough Kens and Chuns in SFIV. The last thing I want is to hop online to fight more Kens and Chuns and add in a few Yuns.
    You should try the game on ggpo, you'd be surprised. Though Ken is quite common you won't see a lot of Yuns and pretty much no Chuns at all. The whole cast is quite well represented, I've fought good people maining every character. Lots of Urien, Gouki, Hugo, Alex, Dudley, Necro, Makoto, Yang, Q, etc.
    I'd say the characters I fought least online and in Germany are Elena, Twelve and Chun.

I'm under the impression that the whole Chun/Ken/Yun-stuff is mostly an US-problem, whether it's actual thing (all top players play top tier?) or a matter of perception (people only look at evo results?) I don't know.

I can't wait for this to drop.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Fuck yeah!
    This sounds awesome, I've been looking for a reason to play 3rd Strike.

I recently found my Dreamcast and have been playing 3rd Strike every now and then, can't wait for this.

Well, here's what I'm hoping for, personally...

A) Rebalanced mode. Yes, it needs it. If it doesn't have it, I'll just stick to GGPO/Supercade/etc. It would be nice to see characters like Sean and Twelve get played every once in a while.

B) Darkstalkers Chronicles-style Groove Selection. Would be cool to be able to choose from New Generation, Second Impact and Third Strike versions of characters - especially if they do like Darkstalkers Chronicles and make up new stuff for characters like Chun Li and Q if you choose a Groove belonging to a game they never actually appeared in.

Also, bring back all the stages and music from New Generation and Second Impact. As ear-grating as Elena's theme was in Third Strike (Beats In My Head), I really liked her Second Impact theme (Tomboy). I've heard many make the same claim about Ibuki's theme.

Really, it would just need one of these two things for me to buy it. It would be extremely awesome if it had both.

Mueti: I actually fought a good many Elena players online when I used to play SF3 about a year or so ago. Maybe it's just because I immediately pick her and they feel okay doing the same, sorta like if someone immediately went for Dan or something.

[Level 3: Humanoid] s0lesurviv0r's Avatar
    I can't wait to have my scrubby Hugo and Elena pounded!