Thread: Torchlight II or Diablo III

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

Torchlight II or Diablo III

Which one is good. I played Torchlight II and its a descent game. And I also wish to buy Diablo III. But Its too much expensive. So what is your thought about this two game ????????

[Level 6: Robot]
    I haven't played either because u had the same dilemma, I read a massive arrival in PC Gamer magazine though about why torchlight 2 is better, you might want to try a Google search.

Edit: wait, you don't exist. Make an intro!

[Level 3: Humanoid] ConnorTheScot's Avatar
    I have completed Diablo on the various difficulties and reached 60 etc so i have had my fair share of experience with D3 and to be fair, i really enjoyed myself when playing it. The game offers some really tough fights, good mechanics (except the RMAH) and just general fun. I am also playing through Torchlight currently thanks to the almighty steam sales, and again i am thoroughly enjoying that, i have to say that both games are very similar and that if you like the one, then the chances are that you will probably like the second. No matter which order you play them in

Hope it helps you in some way

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    If you enjoyed Diablo 2, then just ignore 3. D3 is such a terrible game from a design point of view. Sure, the hot swappable skill and runes system sound cool on paper, but the utter lack of personalization beyond that, penalties implemented for changing skill choices, poor emphasis on cooldowns, awful loot progression that doesn't even remotely resemble D2's design but instead WoW's linear upgrades, horrendous drop rates on the decent gear that already has infinitesimally low chance of combining the stats you want, RMAH that hugely neutered the player-to-player trading scene, lack of a list of personally named games to join, bizarre emphasis on story with multiple cutscenes and forced act progression when playing through a game, more linear feeling areas with less randomized feel, an overall feeling of this being a hugely polished turd of an unfinished game make this the biggest disappointment of an anticipated release ever for me.
    Last edited by Arttemis; 12-26-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Wolf Master
    I don't have any interest in these types of games, but from what I hear, Torchlight II is the way to go.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    TORCHLIGHT II FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD!

It's great.

Bringer of Truth
    Torchlight 2 > Diablo 3

ESPECIALLY if you were a fan of Diablo 2. Torchlight is made by OG Diablo devs.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    It (TL2) really is a terrific game. I need to get back on that shit.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Yes, TL2 is great. I had much more fun playing through it than D3. There's just too much of an emphasis on the Auction House on D3--you're practically just playing Ebay: The Game once you hit Inferno. Plus TL2 has mods. MODS! If you're into it, though, PvP will be coming to D3. Eventually. So you might want to consider that. Also, D3 has a much bigger community.

Swings and roundabouts (but not really TL2 is better).

There's a Steam sale going on, so if you decide on TL2, then you should get on it when it's a Daily of Flash sale.

[Level 2: Human]
    D3 is terrible. TL2 is more fun, if only it had better graphics and better voice overs.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    I just ask one question about Diablo III. Is it really worth buying. Because I bought Torchlight II only for 20$ and later I find out that Torchlight II price is really low if anyone compared it how much or how many content it have. On the other hand Diablo III is too much expensive and right now I really don't have enough money to buy that though I can borrow some money from my parents. But I am wondering that what If the game is not that good. Than all of my effort will be on vain. And definitely too many of our friend put their vote on TL II over D3.

[Level 2: Human]
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerdonkey View Post
    I just ask one question about Diablo III. Is it really worth buying. Because I bought Torchlight II only for 20$ and later I find out that Torchlight II price is really low if anyone compared it how much or how many content it have. On the other hand Diablo III is too much expensive and right now I really don't have enough money to buy that though I can borrow some money from my parents. But I am wondering that what If the game is not that good. Than all of my effort will be on vain. And definitely too many of our friend put their vote on TL II over D3.

Don't buy D3, you'll regret it like most of us did.

You can only use 6 simultaneous skills on D3, half of it is most likely for defense so you can't really do any combos. Plus you can not choose which skills to invest on (no skill points), it automatically unlocks when you level up.

On TL2, you can use up to 10 - 12 skills, depending on how you set it up. Lots of combos and freedom on which skills to invest on.

and oh, D3's RMAH sucks, spending money for a bunch of pixels so you'll get stronger in game is BS.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    After all the hours I've pumped into Diablo III and the little time I've spent with Torchlight II, I'd go for the latter.

I will just be repeating what other's have said before in relation to Diablo III. Although I've had my fun with it and still go back to try and get some worth out of the time I've already spent, the rewards are too few and far between to keep going. The drop rates are terrible, you'll upgrade one item and then you're expected to pay 100m gold to get a matching item to make up for a loss in stats from what you got in changing the other item. I haven't had one drop that's benefitted my own class and have had to scrimp and save for every piece of armour and still I barely survive monster power 4.

The game is horribly unbalanced. You could spend 2-3 million gold and have a Barbarian that can crush the higher monster power levels, you spend the same on a Monk or Demon Hunter and you'll be lucky to get through monster power 2.

You can get lucky and have an item that'll sell for 70m or above but unless you're a Barbarian, that's not going to afford you a decent upgrade.

If you like the idea of barely playing a game and staring at auction houses most of the time, go for Diablo III. If you prefer to actually play a game, get Torchlight II.