Steam ID
    garrfunkel
    PSN
    garrfunkel
    XBL
    garrfunkel

Bioshock 2

http://www.destructoid.com/bioshock-...p-124728.phtml

What do people think about the details released so far for Bioshock 2?

I'm still quite mixed in my feelings about this just as I have been since it was first announced that it was going to be made. Must admit that unlike most of the other comments I'm feeling a good bit better about it since these details.

Co-op is a bit iffy but the story sounds ok as does the big sister thing (which I can only presume is grown up Little Sisters who have turned themselves into Big Daddies in the same way you did).

I still don't know if the sequel is necessary but I loved Rapture so much I'm willing to give this one a chance.

Opinions???

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    XBL
    ALBY112678
    Yeah the first I loved. The new details, if true, sound pretty cool, I dont mind a change up for a sequel really. As long as it controls well, and the abilites are worth it then I'm in. As far as the complaining I'm not sure what people want in a sequel, if one at all.

[Level 5: Mech]
    XBL
    mispelt
    Bioshock was absolutely perfect on it's own. I can't imagine anything this game has to say will be able to add anything to the original.

I hoped as I played Bioshock that this game wouldn't fall victim to the instant-sequel culture that seems to pervade games, movies, and even books. I really wanted it to stand on its own as a testament to the lost art of telling an entire story in one go.

Of course, it's a popular IP, and I'm sure it will make a boatload of cash and I can't fault anyone for trying to keep the bills paid. I'll probably play it, but I'm not terribly excited about it.

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    My biggest concern is that it will be all too similar to the last game. I don't know how they could really bring anything new to the table in terms of how the game plays, but having said that I am still really excited to play it.

Beast Master
    Steam ID
    zombieplatypus
    PSN
    ZombiePlatypus
    XBL
    ZombiePlatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by garrfunkel View Post
    ...the big sister thing (which I can only presume is grown up Little Sisters who have turned themselves into Big Daddies in the same way you did).
    Yeah, to me that seems like the only logical explanation...

What I'd really like to see in the sequel is more exploration of Rapture. The first game gave a false sense of exploration but was actualy pretty linear. Some Metroid influenced exploration would be welcome in my book. I want to see a lot more of that underwater world, you look out the windows in the original and there's so much of Rapture you never get to visit...

[Level 6: Robot]
    Steam ID
    garrfunkel
    PSN
    garrfunkel
    XBL
    garrfunkel
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Yeah, to me that seems like the only logical explanation...

What I'd really like to see in the sequel is more exploration of Rapture. The first game gave a false sense of exploration but was actualy pretty linear. Some Metroid influenced exploration would be welcome in my book. I want to see a lot more of that underwater world, you look out the windows in the original and there's so much of Rapture you never get to visit...

That's kind of the reason I'm excited to get to go back there. I would also like to visit some of the places that I went to in the first game to see them in a further state of ruin. A bit more free roaming would be quite cool as well. I think its the morbid curiosity of seeing how well the sequel is made that's getting me excited about it.

Also I'm hearing now that these details may not be 100% true so stay tuned for further updates on this.

EDIT: It is bollox.

The front page story has been updated. Dont know whether I should be happy that the things I didnt like werent true or worried that the truth will suck.

Totally fine with skeezers
    Steam ID
    Mad Dong Tannen
    PSN
    MadDongTannen
    XBL
    MadD0ngTannen
    Russian enemies are said to be far more intelligent than Splicers were, able to use cover and flank players rather than simply running headlong with wrenches in their hands.

I don't know if I like this. A lot of the craziness that I liked in Bioshock was partly due to the splicers just running at you as if they had one thing on their mind, to kill you and do it the most direct way their fucked up brains could make them. If the former happens, it will start to evolve into the FPS that everyone is creating.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Steam ID
    csinz
    PSN
    CSINZ
    XBL
    csinz
    I am really getting worried about Bioshock 2. I think it'll seem as if they're just trying to replicate the first game successes'

I don't need a title I AM Disneyworld.
    Steam ID
    gatorsax2010
    I played Bioshock for the first time this week. Unfortunately, I only made it halfway through, and now I'm back at school and literally 1000 miles from my (brother's) 360. I already knew the two biggest twists (and that's actually where I had to stop playing), but that didn't keep me from loving so much about it. The presentation, the music--it all feels like a completely realized world, and the story is really artfully presented. That being said, maybe it's because I haven't finished the game, but I just can't see a sequel working. And playing as a Big Daddy? No thanks. I understand there's a part of the original where you play as one (didn't make it that far), but I don't see how a whole game could sustain it, especially one trying to tell a story. I feel like the story will just sort of happen around you. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm skeptical. I don't think it will be as special as the first.

Keeper of the Reals
    Steam ID
    Gyrael
    XBL
    CrimsonKiranio
    People, this has already been noted as false. Lies. I think Colette made a post later on with some new details that were supposed to be true.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    XBL
    That Oneself
    I am still really skeptical about this game. I don't know how a feel about a sequel to Bioshock in the first place, but I guess we will see how it turns out.

XBL
    LukienAkeela
    I'll go ahead and say I'm cautiously optimistic. Bioshock felt like a complete game to me, faults and all. However, it isn't realistic to expect that a successful new IP would not result in a sequel. I hope they will move forward in a way that makes sense while still retaining the atmosphere of the original.

Steam ID
    Trevkor
    PSN
    Trevkor
    XBL
    ResevoirWings91
    I've very mixed feelings on Bioshock 2. I loved the first one, both gameplay wise and story wise; and I've played through System Shock 2, so I didn't find it revolutionary or anything. It was a great game in almost every way, and it was a thouroughly enjoyable experience.

However, as far as a sequel is concerned, I think it's unnecessary, and simply a cash cow do to the success of the first. That isn't to say I don't hope it's a great game, in fact, I hope it blows me away, but I just don't see it happening as of now.

Co-op is normally a big plus for me, but as far as Bioshock is concerned, I don't think that it's a great idea. I don't think that the setting and atmosphere in the first would have been nearly as affective had I had a friend beside me helping me fight Big Daddies [not that the help was needed, the game was far too easy] and wander around Rapture. Again, that isn't to say I hope it works well, I really do.

All of that to say, I'm not really sure. I'm hopeful, but quite unsure of how well it'll turn out, though I'm worried that it may just be a cash in. I suppose only time will tell.

Gym Leader
    Steam ID
    clumzibigfoot
    PSN
    Clumsybigfoot
    XBL
    Clumsybigfoot
    I wish more developers would go the way of Tim Schaffer, and release new original games instead of cashing in on sequels. If they could make a game like Bioshock they sure as hell could come up with something just as captivating.

Steam ID
    mikefugate
    PSN
    Phntmbanana
    I'm confident that it will be on a similar level of quality as the last one and because of that be fantastic....so im looking forward to it

Steam ID
    Corican
    PSN
    Corican
    XBL
    Coricant
    I just heard on the latest CAGcast (#154) that it will be a timed exclusive for the 360!
    Can anyone confirm this terrible news?

I really hope it's not true.
    Microsoft are such ******* ***** with their blunt force technique of just throwing money at companies.

Steam ID
    garrfunkel
    PSN
    garrfunkel
    XBL
    garrfunkel
    Quote Originally Posted by Corican View Post
    I just heard on the latest CAGcast (#154) that it will be a timed exclusive for the 360!
    Can anyone confirm this terrible news?

I really hope it's not true.
    Microsoft are such ******* ***** with their blunt force technique of just throwing money at companies.
    Im surprised to hear this. I thought this one would be coming out the same time on both consoles.

Im probably gonna get it for PC (which I presume will come with the 360 version) but it sure does suck for PS3 owners if this is true. Considering the amount of bull surrounding this I'd take it with a pinch of salt until something official is announced.

[Level 2: Human]
    Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]

Bioshock 2 teasers?

http://www.somethinginthesea.com/
    Indeed.
    I can just say that waiting is turning me mad.

Steam ID
    garrfunkel
    PSN
    garrfunkel
    XBL
    garrfunkel

[Level 2: Human]
    Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]