Thread: Hi everyone...

Hi everyone...

Glad to be part of this community, so I'll give some insight into myself.

I almost never signed up for this forum. Not because of the forum itself, but because just over a month ago, I considered myself done with modern gaming. I was not fond of the trends of modern video games and the only game I could have seen myself purchase is a Wii U and 3DS for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U just to play as Mega Man (who was not only a game seller for me, but also a system seller). With that being far off, I stopped paying attention to gaming news and after hearing of Mega Man's inclusion, was just playing the waiting game until SSB 3DS & Wii U got released.

It was Mighty No. 9 that restored hope for me in the gaming industry. This was a joint effort by the many fans of Mega Man to get a spiritual successor out and for it to live up to Mega Man's legacy (although my reasoning for backing was different than most). After having thought about it, I came to the realization that I didn't have to give up on modern gaming, I just wasn't looking hard enough. It is why I am following video game news again and why I am actually excited to play games again.

Currently, I have a Wii and a PS3; but I do plan on supporting the 3DS and PS4 this generation as well as getting a Wii U near the end of its lifespan (I don't see many interesting games coming out for that platform). I also plan on getting various retro consoles throughout the many years I will be a gamer and in the distant future as well as build a modern gaming PC on a Mac and a classic gaming PC for Microsoft's games in the distant future. Basically, what I'll have access to is nearly limitless and I look forward to both the past and future of gaming. These are the games that immediately come up to mind to what I want to play:

PS3:
    - The Lone Survivor: Director's Cut (next purchase)
    - Red Dead Redemption
    - Gran Turismo 6
    - DmC: Devil May Cry
    - Mortal Kombat (2011)
    - BlazBlue: Chronophantasma
    - Ultra Street Fighter IV
    - The Last Guardian
    - Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

Nintendo 3DS:
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening
    - Pushmo
    - Super Smash Bros. 3DS

Nintendo Wii-U:
    - Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    - Bayonetta 2
    - Wonderful 101

PlayStation 4:
    - Gran Turismo 7
    - Mighty No. 9

Haven't done a ton of research into what exactly I do want to see, although should I do so, I probably would never be able to fulfill them all.

I am also planning to upload videos on YouTube talking about... pretty much what I want, which is mostly video game related. I actually did upload a video under Mighty Rock Fan (which is called "Celebrate Mighty Beckers, We Have Won"), but the video isn't any good as I was using a webcam (which for some reason looks better when I use it at college than at my home, probably due to better lighting) and I just felt like getting it out there because I wanted to celebrate Mighty No. 9's incredibly successful funding. I've been trying to look into things that I need in order to make those videos look like they're not trash. Currently, I have been looking into investing a good video editing software program that is reasonable in price as well as something to record to replace my shoddy webcam. Are there any good video editing softwares I should look into aside from Adobe and good camera and capture cards to look into? Are there other things to consider as well?

Thanks. I look forward to being part of this community.

[Level 13: Clever Girl]
    You're a Megaman fan, huh? You're in good company with me, at the very least.
    Welcome downstairs.

Yep. It is one of my favorite video game series and I'm very excited about Mighty No. 9.