Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100
Results 1,981 to 1,997 of 1997

Thread: Metal Gear Megathread

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Begin Operation Intrude N313

That video going around with the horse shit is amazing, I must buy Metal Gear Solid V.

I'm concerned with Portable Ops and Peace Walker, both games seem to be canon in spite of their platform. I bought portale ops plus, but aparantly that doesn't have any of the story at all.

I feel stupid. Should I get Peace Walker for PS3 or could a video do that justice?I was able to kind of follow along from the text in Ground Zeroes, but it was hard to decipher all that nonsense or really get a sense of who Paz is and why I should care about her bomb.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Watch the "movie" on YouTube if you don't feel up to playing PW. It is definitely a slog. Bosses soak up damage to force co-op and base management is unsatisfying because its all exists in menus and nowhere else. Gameplay is otherwise solid.

I'm going to try and finish up my file on it, but I'll probably just end up youtubing it.

Quote Originally Posted by randombullseye View Post
    That video going around with the horse shit is amazing, I must buy Metal Gear Solid V.

I'm concerned with Portable Ops and Peace Walker, both games seem to be canon in spite of their platform. I bought portale ops plus, but aparantly that doesn't have any of the story at all.

I feel stupid. Should I get Peace Walker for PS3 or could a video do that justice?I was able to kind of follow along from the text in Ground Zeroes, but it was hard to decipher all that nonsense or really get a sense of who Paz is and why I should care about her bomb.
    MGS PW is essential, PO is not.

I'd play Peace Walker because it gives a lot of insight to the design choices made in MGS V and watching the cutscenes is never the whole story in MGS. PW didn’t have traditional codecs, but rather, taped mission briefings and unlocked tapes that add more lore to the story and will inform you more on The Boss and where Snake starts to part ways with her ideology.

The bosses are certainly endurance fights and online co-op can ease that up a bit, but they're really no harder than a run-in with Rex or Ray. Cocoon and chopper fights are really the only fights that drag out a bit long.

The base building and management is a fun distraction and ends up being how you get many of your weapons and items. It's like a lighter Monster Hunter in some ways. Obtain the document for weapons, armor or other items and then just spend GMP to develop it. The only parts-collecting you'll do is to build a certain machine. and only because you can't get the true ending without it.

There's also offbeat, fun missions to unlock. Stuff with that Kojima spark, as well as actual Monster Hunter monsters to fight.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Got the LE of MGS V pre-ordered and with it being a bank holiday on August 31st here, I'm thinking I will get it late next week. Booked time off work from next Thursday so I cannot wait.

Been thinking what to do with that metal arm and decided it should have my Fallout 4 pip boy on it when it arrives.

Anyone think its a bad idea getting the Ps3 version? I have to have TPP day one. I have no current gen consoles and only a ps3. I have every MGS and im a die hard fan. I just dont want TPP to kill my Ps3 (i dont care about the graphical difference from Ps3 to Ps4. I just dont want the gmae to kill my console. Anyone think it might?

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    It'll be fine, in spite of the 30fps. Have you played Ground Zeroes on it? Best idea would be to try that.

Other solutions include stealing a PS4, or offering to suck cocks for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasney View Post
    It'll be fine, in spite of the 30fps. Have you played Ground Zeroes on it? Best idea would be to try that.

Other solutions include stealing a PS4, or offering to suck cocks for money.
    I do have Ground Zeroes. Forgot how well it runs on the Ps3.

ogirK
    Blog Entries
    Delivery estimate: Thursday, September 3, 2015 by 8:00pm

I hate you all.

Who wants some HD wallpapers? Choose yours!

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit

Everyone insists this game is amazing. I still feel burned by how little I enjoyed 3. Kind of feel like I'll just be betrayed by the hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by Wry Guy View Post
    Everyone insists this game is amazing. I still feel burned by how little I enjoyed 3. Kind of feel like I'll just be betrayed by the hype train.
    Well, it's not everyone else's fault that you have TERRIBLE TASTE.

V looks pretty different from 3 overall. It might be worth giving it a shot, even if you decide to wait for a sale.

This is a touchy one for me because I tend to rather dislike open world games because they've been getting bigger and bigger and with no reason to really learn the lay of the land or give you things to do that are engaging. Last time I really enjoyed an open world game was Dead Rising because the area was small enough to memorize and there were benefits to actually getting to know the environment.

It gave the world character. Same way the older Zelda games like Ocarina of Time did. Didn't take all that long to actually travel through all of it, and there were lots of little things to motivate you to travel back and forth for game completion. The new trend is emptiness and fairly bland side-quests visiting areas you will never return to. Borderlands would have been pretty awful if not for being multiplayer.

If you disliked 3 and open world games, wait to rent or a really cheap sale.

I'm curious to see what Kojima does next now that he's free.

Still responds to BLOO
    Game is good, side ops is crack, story is dumb as fuck. Quiet isn't a good character subplot, kojima proves again he sucks donkey turd at writing a coherent story.

All the good games had better writers.

Sucks we'll likely never get that DLC true ending with a 3rd area, Sahelanthropus Round 2, and kojima forcing eli to say, "I guess we're all the metal gear solid 1 now"