Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Megathread

Metal Gear Megathread

I could have sworn we had one of these already but whatever. Anyway, this is where we should discuss anything Metal Gear, Solid or otherwise. Also feel free to mention anything else Kojima-related.

So... MGS 5, Ground Zeroes, or Phantom Pain speculation anyone...?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I think the injured, missing limb crawling in the Phantom Pain trailer is a joke about how awkward Snake moved in 4. The Fox Engine looks insane, though. I'm skeptical there's a MGS5 in the works, though, with how ambitious GZ is and Rising around the corner. If so, Konami is working this series and its creator to death, jeez.

Also, good idea with the new thread. Still sucks it had to happen, though, and about Gatsby now, too.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I can't wait for the next MGS, I think Ground Zero and Phantom Pain are the names for the trailers and the next game will be MGS5. I'm guessing the series will go back to Big Boss but I would love to play a MGS game as Solid Snake going to zanzibar and fighting Grey Fox or a NES remake where you take out Big Boss but I don't think that will happen.

Still responds to BLOO
    uhhh this is an unaltered screenshot from the teaser of phantom pain

Also when they came out with the initial screenshot of Big Boss in Ground Zeroes there was a line backwards.

"From FOX, two PHANTOMS were born."

Stop trying to be different, MGS 5 is a thing

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    Also, good idea with the new thread. Still sucks it had to happen, though, and about Gatsby now, too.
    Was he the one who made the original? Good on you for giving him credit for the idea then.

Also, watched the trailer last night and everything about this game looks incredible and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    uhhh this is an unaltered screenshot from the teaser of phantom pain

Also when they came out with the initial screenshot of Big Boss in Ground Zeroes there was a line backwards.
    "From FOX, two PHANTOMS were born."

Stop trying to be different, MGS 5 is a thing
    Yeah, I think you're right.

I'm interested to see how Phantom Pain/MGS5 fits into the series, the footage they've shown feels a lot more dramatic and focused than earlier games in the series. That whole hospital sequence for instance looks like it will be a pretty tense experience to play.

Also, does anybody else think the doctor you see early on in the Phantom Pain footage might be Dr Madnar from MG/Snatcher? Considering how Kojima usually likes to reference earlier works and tie stuff up, and the whole phantom pain/replacement limb thing, and Madnar's connection to cybernetics in the series. Just a thought anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Was he the one who made the original? Good on you for giving him credit for the idea then.

Ouch man, that hurt

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    That's assuming both phantoms are MGS games. The Phantom Pain trailer has the same assets of Ground Zeroes' Big Boss - why would they use that on a different MGS game's fake trailer? My call is that it's a trailer filled with GZ's characters. I'm sure Konami is putting that expensive engine to use in more projects than MGS, especially when there's two Metal Gears in the pipeline.

Pwnd
    I'm interested in seeing how they explain the more outlandish elements.

And I'm glad Panza, it should have. xoxoxo

:' |

The phantom pain aspect interests me, seems like something nobody's really talked about in a game before. Plus I'd like to find out why/how the character can have a prosthetic if he's Snake (or a Snake).

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    That's assuming both phantoms are MGS games. The Phantom Pain trailer has the same assets of Ground Zeroes' Big Boss - why would they use that on a different MGS game's fake trailer? My call is that it's a trailer filled with GZ's characters. I'm sure Konami is putting that expensive engine to use in more projects than MGS, especially when there's two Metal Gears in the pipeline.

This is unaltered

Well it is altered to show how MGS V can fit in there.

Still responds to BLOO
    They just played with the contrast of the image and the MGS 5 more or less filled itself in.

But it's okay guys, it's totally normal behavior to be bullheaded about video games.

Pwnd
    Yeah...yall are being difficult just to be difficult. They have Kio fucking Marv in the very beginning for fuck's sake, lol. Metal Gear OGs will get the reference.

Still responds to BLOO
    They ain't about that MEATL GAER lyfe Rev, how could they possibly know.

Pwnd
    At one point in the trailer, there's a line that reads "No Escape?" Anybody that paid half attention to the pre-MGS3 release hype back in '04 remembers that that was a big tag line to go with the fact that you were no longer playing in condensed spaces. At the very beginning of the trailer, the camera is being covered with white rose petals from The Boss' death. Towards the end of the trailer, you see her white horse on fire. Forget the GZ shit--there are a shit ton of MGS3 references in that trailer. Even a Volgin look-alike shows up.

Also: All of the hallucinations are wearing gas masks:

Psycho Mantis was burned as a child due to his initial release of psychic energy. Everything on this trailer is on fire. Even one the rose petals in the beginning is on fire. This entire thing is a hallucination. The title itself, "Phantom Pain," refers to false perceptions caused by missing limbs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_pain).

If you're not convinced, then you're just not about that common sense.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Who is this Gatsby guy you all keep prattling on about?

Pwnd
    He used to be a forum member. He had an asperger's relapse, told a mod to go fuck herself, and then took his ball and went home when he got banned for a week because of it.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    What.

A.

Loser.

they got gatsby?, noooooooooo

I wonder if this means that the spook in the GZ trailer was Volgin. It implied that he knew Big Boss. But then again, there's also speculation that the guy trying help him out looks like he has a similar scar.

Kind of hoping for the latter. Volgin was just a serviceable character.

Pwnd

It could be anybody though.