Thread: Hello Friends!

dtoiddisco Hello Friends!

Hey brethren!

My name is Satchell (like a bag). I operate out of the NYC Metro area and work as a graphic designer and illustrator. I love video games, stand-up comedy, MMA, and I have a pet Betta fish named Gandalf. I graphically outline more about my interests on my landing page.

I'm currently playing Bastion, Fez, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Dishonored.

Some of my favorite games are Chrono Cross, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Final Fantasy 8, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and WoW (Pre-Cataclysm).

Like everyone else, I blog and just started a gaming podcast with 2 best buddies on iTunes. I used to review music and started reviewing consumer electronics on an old YouTube channel, but recently I've been more and more interested in the development of games. For some reason I always assessed them from the scope of my childhood self; I guess I neglected the fact that I can be a lot more objective and discerning now as an adult. I started a new channel that will be geared more towards my findings there. For now, it's just hosting a nerdy art project =D.

This went way too long. And potentially got spammy. I look forward to making these forums my new community distraction. >=]
    Last edited by satchbag; 12-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Nicely done on the intro, and your grasp of the English language is impeccable.

Welcome aboard.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Never actually got around to playing Chrono cross. I really should seeing as Chrono trigger is my favorite RPG of all time.

Also, what is your avatar?

Welcome!

Thanks, Pappa! Don't think anyone's ever said that to me before. Dang, you've been on these forums for a minute. That's a lot of posts. I'm with you on the iTunes update. I'm just putting off that update for as long as I can and playing tunes from Spotify. =D

It's never too late! Yeah, Chrono Trigger will always - deservedly - be a universally praised title.

My avatar was a random creation I did for the site since I needed one. Is it lame? I've been in an 8-bit/chiptune mood lately =P.

illustrators are interesting, welcome to forum!

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    I quite like the avatar, even though it made me think you work for Skype. Also, anyone who lists FFVIII as one of their favorites is alright by my book! Welcome.

This is a decent intro. Really quick and right to the point, I read it as if you were one of those fast talking sales pitch fellows. Don't worry about a lengthy intro, the whole point is to let people know as much about the real you as you're comfortable with revealing, and as far as actual pertinent information it's somewhat on the lighter side, but not so much so that it would be insulting or viewed as half-assed.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles... Man, the hours me and my brother sank into that game... the genesis in general, really. Some of my favorite games will always be those golden oldies, and as far as the genesis goes that particular Sonic game easily ranks as my favorite. I always loved how being able to play as knuckles just opened up whole new areas of certain levels that you simply couldn't get as sonic, even with a good pilot for Tails.

Also, when it comes to earning points in my book, it NEVER hurts to go with FF 8 over 7. You pick your sides wisely good sir. Welcome to the Destructoid forums.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboKill View Post
    I quite like the avatar, even though it made me think you work for Skype. Also, anyone who lists FFVIII as one of their favorites is alright by my book! Welcome.
    Haha thanks! Yeah I think I might just change it because of that. I fooled myself. Glad to see I'm not the only FFVIII enthusiast here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles... Man, the hours me and my brother sank into that game... the genesis in general, really. Some of my favorite games will always be those golden oldies, and as far as the genesis goes that particular Sonic game easily ranks as my favorite. I always loved how being able to play as knuckles just opened up whole new areas of certain levels that you simply couldn't get as sonic, even with a good pilot for Tails.

Also, when it comes to earning points in my book, it NEVER hurts to go with FF 8 over 7. You pick your sides wisely good sir. Welcome to the Destructoid forums.
    Seriously man, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was an unforgettable experience. Not to mention an innovative and surprisingly unduplicated concept hardware-wise with the use of cartridges. Apparently Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were originally supposed to be released as one game. But due to the small storage space on the Genesis cartridge it was all split up. It really did feel like two completely separate experiences playing with Knuckles. His divergent lore with Eggman n' all got me into the comics. Ever read them? Archie published Sonic comics in the 90's and they were the best. There was a Super Sonic vs. Hyper Knuckles issue with the Freedom Fighters vs. The Chaotix. I had a geekgasm reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by satchbag View Post
    It's never too late! Yeah, Chrono Trigger will always - deservedly - be a universally praised title.

My avatar was a random creation I did for the site since I needed one. Is it lame? I've been in an 8-bit/chiptune mood lately =P.
    Nah, it's not lame. It just seemed like a logo for something. Like turbo said, it's very skype-ish.

Frodo Bangins
    Welcome to the Forums!

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    I remember one day I was chilling and playing FFVIII on my PSP. Someone saw me playing it over my shoulder and said, "That game looks pretty epic."

It was during that really sweet Garden Siege "interactive cutscene". So yeah, even random people can appreciate it.

Welcome, you're an active person!

Was never much of a comic person, so sadly, no, never read those, but I did know enough about Knuckles to be intrigued by his character. He was that bad guy but not a bad guy character, and those are always interesting. Also wall climbing like a son of a bitch. I always loved how he'd show up just to troll Sonic xD

Beast Master

Thanks Gobbledi, lizzard, and Platypus for the welcomes! From what I understand from the rules, this is the appropriate place for it: so I just wanted to share a game review a finished not too long ago. I definitely would like to take video game journalism more seriously and with a small background in videography and animation I figured I'd give it a shot!

I know I'm not the first person in a forum to explicitly demand feedback and implicitly ask for attention, but hopefully, if it's captivating, it's worth a watch. And if it's not, it dies as it should.