Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why Gatsby is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post

Nah. The truth is, he made fun of some British kid's hat and everybody got a feeling hurt about it. The whole situation was pretty funny if you want my honest opinion (which you probably don't). As far as why I created this thread and kept it going, it's to show newcomers what awaits them here. The Dtoid forums are a group of overly entitled twenty somethings who will throw one another under the bus at the first available opportunity. And please don't think I'm posting this in anger, oh no...I'm actually smiling as I type it. Why should I be upset, when you've done so much hard work to prove me right?
    Glad I'm 30 then!

Probably pushing my luck here but you have a link for the alt account posts? I didn't know about those until now and they sound hilarious whether he meant them that way or not.
    It was just one as far as I know, and it was seriously just rage/hate vomit.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Glad I'm 30 then!
    SHHH! I can't say anything to anybody I like right now! You'll ruin my epic bad guy moment! /lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    It was just one as far as I know, and it was seriously just rage/hate vomit.
    Seriously? I always thought he had kind of a tongue-in-cheek thing going on with his posts. Well the Gatsby posts anyway. Like I said I haven't seen this other thing, so maybe he did turn a corner once he decided to leave.

Pwnd
    There was no tongue-in-cheek with Gatsby. Dude was a legit autist overlord. The alt was just the cherry on top to prove it.

Still responds to BLOO
    He was one of those kids who followed Used around like an obedient little lapdog. Oh wait -- I got him confused with Bloo again! Hang on a second.
    ehehehehehe maaan if you don't know the truth don't say shit son. Usedtabe begs me to play videogames with him on a daily basis, even on his break he was sending me texts about how he was missing my K/D ratio and Grunchkin ain't even his main squeeze like that no more.

Nah. The truth is, he made fun of some British kid's hat and everybody got a feeling hurt about it. The whole situation was pretty funny if you want my honest opinion (which you probably don't). As far as why I created this thread and kept it going, it's to show newcomers what awaits them here. The Dtoid forums are a group of overly entitled twenty somethings who will throw one another under the bus at the first available opportunity.

Probably pushing my luck here but you have a link for the alt account posts? I didn't know about those until now and they sound hilarious whether he meant them that way or not.
    Newcomers wont care. There is no "lesson" here anyway, Gatsby punked himself and then asked for no record of it to exist. That's truly bitchmade. I don't have anything against himself personally, be sure to remember that. I love Solgrim like the distant cousin I like to think he is, but his way of deleting everything he's posted here is just as bitchmade. You can involve yourself in bitchmade behavior and still be okay in my book, again remember this before you pin me for a sith lord speaking in absolutes.

And I only know of this alt account through a screenshot someone linked me, they will remain nameless since they wish to have no business in this lame ass 'debacle'. No I don't have that link bookmarked or saved.

And please don't think I'm posting this in anger, oh no...I'm actually smiling as I type it. Why should I be upset, when you've done so much hard work to prove me right?
    Your emotional state has no relevancy to me, BLOO has surpassed the human spectrum of emotions.

Pwnd
    AHA! The truth is revealed! I see how you responded to that post where I quoted someone else!

MXY IS BLOO'S ALT Y'ALL

Still responds to BLOO
    AHA! The truth is revealed! I see how you responded to that post where I quoted someone else!

Pwnd
    Needs more Verdana. No idea what size though. Then again, the font difference helps to accentuate the gay.

Still responds to BLOO
    I assumed it was Arial, also this forum's font antialiases in different shades of the red and blue spectrum. You have to study every letter's antialiasing properties than manually change every appropriate pixel's color to reproduce text naturally.

It's not advised.

Also funfact, I have chrome zoom this forum by 110%

EDIT: The size I used is legit, used GIMP's rulers and everything to match position and dimensions.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by wikifrickinpediayo
    The word "gay" arrived in English during the 12th century from Old French gai, most likely deriving ultimately from a Germanic source. For most of its life in English, the word's primary meaning was "joyful", "carefree", "bright and showy", and the word was very commonly used with this meaning in speech and literature.
    All that work just to make me look like I'm happy to be here. AWWW
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-27-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: used dtoid smiley because "<3" wasn't gay enough

Scotland's Response to Deadpool
    Nah. The truth is, he made fun of some British kid's hat and everybody got a feeling hurt about it. The whole situation was pretty funny if you want my honest opinion (which you probably don't). As far as why I created this thread and kept it going, it's to show newcomers what awaits them here. The Dtoid forums are a group of overly entitled twenty somethings who will throw one another under the bus at the first available opportunity. And please don't think I'm posting this in anger, oh no...I'm actually smiling as I type it. Why should I be upset, when you've done so much hard work to prove me right?
    He had a go for no reason and pushed it too far in insulting a very dear friend of mine. That's the only reason. He decided to keep it going and went way past the line. Don't invent reasons, it's insulting.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMccallum View Post
    He had a go for no reason and pushed it too far in insulting a very dear friend of mine. That's the only reason. He decided to keep it going and went way past the line. Don't invent reasons, it's insulting.
    Which part do you think I invented?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Guess I'll find out why he's so awesome in February!
    20121228_193854.jpg
    Last edited by PhilKenSebben; 12-28-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Cause Im still a forum noob

Scotland's Response to Deadpool
    Which part do you think I invented?
    You've made it sound as though he did nothing wrong and was treated unfairly.

Saying that We're a bunch of twenty-somethings who will take any opportunity to throw each other under a bus? No reason to say that, nevermind the fact that it's wrong.

Pwnd
    You've made it sound as though he did nothing wrong and was treated unfairly.
    Not exactly. You're only looking at one isolated piece of a larger whole. We went over this pages ago, reposted because you don't seem to have been keeping up;

It's interesting how people on the other side of the pond got so much more perturbed by Gats than we Americans did. They're a more civilized culture, generally speaking, so I suppose it makes sense that they'd have less patience for that kind of thing. Frankly, I was surprised that people got so upset over his hat comments. To me they seemed like well-intentioned fashion advice.
    Good place to start reading if you're sincerely interested. However this next part makes me doubt that.

Saying that We're a bunch of twenty-somethings who will take any opportunity to throw each other under a bus? No reason to say that, nevermind the fact that it's wrong.
    Your CD seems to have skipped a track here. Suddenly you're using words out of context, words from a conversation that you neither fully understood nor were part of, in a way that seems likely to turn the greater community against a forum member. Good job. You're already well on your way to proving me right. I could post numerous examples of this phenomenon happening to a number of other people but I won't. It seems like a super tedious thing to have to do, and everybody would probably ignore it once I did, so why bother.

Just go ahead and throw me under the bus for having said that. You know you want to.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-31-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: rehosted image

Pwnd
    What's ironic here is that Gatsby has a gold medal in bus throwing. He'd be the first one to throw you under there if the people around him demanded it.

I really don't think a cultural issue is at play here either. Getting visibly and vehemently bothered by what another man is wearing (so much so that you have to harp on it for two pages) is lame as fuck, regardless of what you call soccer.

[Level 12: CHET]
    FOOTBALL! god sake you yanks....

Pwnd
    Y'all are the ones that started calling it soccer to begin with. You people are the heretics.

Leggy is such a bad guy. The baddest.

Honkey Kong