Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why Gatsby is awesome!

Just wait. I won't spoil it just in case he's lurking, but surely he'd totally never do that.

Pwnd
    Surely not!

3. 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Honkey Kong
    I'll never understand the fascination with Bruce. The man never competed a.k.a. never actually fought anyone and he only weighed 135lbs, obviously too scared to test his BS motto that speed could always beat size.

The main thing people should take from Bruce is his training discipline. He was good PR for martial arts but even his main martial art was mainly for show and one of the weakest of the martial art disciplines. So pretending he was some god who could fight anyone clouds his actual contributions,IMO.

Pwnd
    That's pretty awesome Nihil. Also, somebody should tell Used that his sister is posting from his account again.

Bruce Lee had interesting ideas about general philosophy. His Tao of Jeet Kune Do is good. As far as his style being for show that kind of goes without saying. His films left a greater legacy than a few broken bones or bloody noses would have. He also brutally murdered Chuck Norris, ending the age of shit memes forever, before ascending to divinity as Hu-Buddha Wu Tang Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I'll never understand the fascination with Bruce. The man never competed a.k.a. never actually fought anyone and he only weighed 135lbs, obviously too scared to test his BS motto that speed could always beat size.

The main thing people should take from Bruce is his training discipline. He was good PR for martial arts but even his main martial art was mainly for show and one of the weakest of the martial art disciplines. So pretending he was some god who could fight anyone clouds his actual contributions,IMO.
    Not that I disagree, but I've always been more fascinated with the "myth" of Bruce Lee, rather than the man himself. Because he was just that: a man. The whole myth part of it to me includes what you brought up; his persona is so hyped up due to pop culture, media, and his own semi self-aggrandizing mantras.

But yeah, the core thing to take away is what it/he represents - Discipline. Not the kind of discipline it takes to disarm aggressors with one finger because you think you'd look badass, but the kind it takes to be a better man, intellectually, no matter the situation.

Honkey Kong
    I understand what you mean. I honestly didn't mean to poop on your gift, I just typed the diarrhea that fell out when I saw Bruce Lee. Dude was dedicated as fuck to training and did a lot to bring martial arts to new audiences so it's not that I don't respect him or dislike the things he did.

Still responds to BLOO
    Pfff Usedtabe shits on any muscular dude that isn't white.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    BAZINGA!

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    BAZINGA!

Gatsby disapproves of y'alls retardedness.

Still responds to BLOO
    you racissss usedtabe so don't even. You're 1 for 1 in christmas pictures you've posted with no minorities in them.

That's hella-damning.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Who the fuck is Gatsby?

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by BadStar View Post
    Who the fuck is Gatsby?
    Dude attacked anyone who would post a picture of themselves then got temp. banned for it. Decided to make an alt account attacking the mods and demanded all his shit get nuked.

Now Legendhead likes to drag his corpse around like it meant something.

He made an alt account and attacked the mods?

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Everyone should really have an alt mod-attacking account. This is the 21st century after all.

That seems fair.

OBJECTION

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    He made an alt account and attacked the mods?
    It was directed at me specifically. Attack is a strong word. If he was trying to evoke amusement in me by resorting to the sort of tirade you'd expect from a 13-year-old on XBL, then mission accomplished. He later apologized after he'd cooled off a few days, although I suspect that had more to do with him realizing if he wanted his account & posts removed he should probably attempt some damage control and ask nicely rather than him feeling actual remorse for his behavior.

For the record, he got only a warning for acting like a supreme dick to other people and was told a temp ban would be coming next time. His response indicated he either didn't believe me or didn't give a fuck, so the temp ban followed shortly afterwards.

Still responds to BLOO
    I saw the wounds he gave you Mxy, no need to defend that monster now. He can't hurt you anymore.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by BadStar View Post
    Who the fuck is Gatsby?
    He was one of those kids who followed Used around like an obedient little lapdog. Oh wait -- I got him confused with Bloo again! Hang on a second.

Dude attacked anyone who would post a picture of themselves then got temp. banned for it. Decided to make an alt account attacking the mods and demanded all his shit get nuked.

Now Legendhead likes to drag his corpse around like it meant something.
    Nah. The truth is, he made fun of some British kid's hat and everybody got a feeling hurt about it. The whole situation was pretty funny if you want my honest opinion (which you probably don't). As far as why I created this thread and kept it going, it's to show newcomers what awaits them here. The Dtoid forums are a group of overly entitled twenty somethings who will throw one another under the bus at the first available opportunity. And please don't think I'm posting this in anger, oh no...I'm actually smiling as I type it. Why should I be upset, when you've done so much hard work to prove me right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    It was directed at me specifically. Attack is a strong word. If he was trying to evoke amusement in me by resorting to the sort of tirade you'd expect from a 13-year-old on XBL, then mission accomplished. He later apologized after he'd cooled off a few days, although I suspect that had more to do with him realizing if he wanted his account & posts removed he should probably attempt some damage control and ask nicely rather than him feeling actual remorse for his behavior.

For the record, he got only a warning for acting like a supreme dick to other people and was told a temp ban would be coming next time. His response indicated he either didn't believe me or didn't give a fuck, so the temp ban followed shortly afterwards.
    Probably pushing my luck here but you have a link for the alt account posts? I didn't know about those until now and they sound hilarious whether he meant them that way or not.