Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Hi, destructoid!

  1. #1
    [Level 1: Fresh Meat] norubal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    9

    Hi, destructoid!

    Greetings, Destructoid.
    I'm Norubal, from South Korea.
    I like 2D retro-like games, recently I'm playing Metal Slug from SNK(Nazka).
    Also, I'm fan of Portal, Laputa: castle in the sky, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and E-Pak Sa.
    I'm happy to join this forum

  2. #2
    Would it be stereotypical of me to assume that you're superhumanly amazing at video games, being from South Korea and all?

    Metal Slug and Portal are both indeed awesome.

  3. #3
    THE MR.E BIRD
    Tarvu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    18,882
    Is this brother Gangnam style? Welcome!

  4. #4
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Edd Strid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,272
    Welcome to the forums.

  5. #5
    Pow! Right in the kisser!
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Death Row
    Posts
    13,639
    Welcome to the forums!

  6. #6
    [Level 6: Robot]
    noobspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    That place i went that one time.
    Posts
    865
    I welcome thee.

  7. #7
    THE MR.E BIRD
    Tarvu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    18,882
    Welcome to the forums?

    EDIT: Oh fuck you noobfork.

  8. #8
    [Level 6: Robot]
    noobspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    That place i went that one time.
    Posts
    865
    Enjoy.

  9. #9
    That the original Metal Slug or one of the many near-identical sequels? Also, what sort of books, movies and TV programs you into bub?

  10. #10
    [Level 1: Fresh Meat] norubal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    9
    Thanks all!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage of Excellence View Post
    Would it be stereotypical of me to assume that you're superhumanly amazing at video games, being from South Korea and all?

    Metal Slug and Portal are both indeed awesome.
    I'm not hardcore gamer, and I'm not good at starcraft :P streotype is streotype. anyway, good to see you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    That the original Metal Slug or one of the many near-identical sequels? Also, what sort of books, movies and TV programs you into bub?
    I like original one than other things. I like morden army than Marco metal slug 4 sucks.
    I'm great fan of Laputa: castle in the sky, by ghibli.

  11. #11
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,888
    hey hello, ghibli rocks my world, I love ghibli movies

  12. #12
    [Level 8: Skynet] Vahnati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    2,509
    An excellent example of the bare minimum while still being technically classified as an "intro thread." Way to aim for the smog that permeates every corner of the city there Norubal. Couldn't be bothered with any specifics or details, or is your time really just so precious and limited that you couldn't afford to elucidate? If that's the case, you really shouldn't be on a forum at all.

    But hey, kudos to you for making it a whole rung and a half above general spambots. It's the little victories that keep us all going.

  13. #13
    Pwnd
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    An excellent example of the bare minimum while still being technically classified as an "intro thread." Way to aim for the smog that permeates every corner of the city there Norubal. Couldn't be bothered with any specifics or details, or is your time really just so precious and limited that you couldn't afford to elucidate? If that's the case, you really shouldn't be on a forum at all.

    But hey, kudos to you for making it a whole rung and a half above general spambots. It's the little victories that keep us all going.
    Just to be fair, there's probably a language barrier on his/her end. What you said is still funny as hell though.

    Also, welcome new guy!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by norubal View Post

    I'm not hardcore gamer, and I'm not good at starcraft :P streotype is streotype. anyway, good to see you!
    Good to see you too. And speaking of stereotypes, although I'm from Norway, I'm not inclined to play the fiddle, kick a hat off from a tall stick or make odd selections of recipients of peace prizes.

  15. #15
    [Level 8: Skynet] Vahnati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    2,509
    Are Norwegians really stereotyped as fiddle players? That one strikes me as... odd, but then hey, I guess I don't know my stereotypes well enough to have any clue >.>

  16. #16
    [Level 5: Mech]
    Epic-Kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by norubal View Post
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
    Who is your favorite Joestar? Mine is Jolyne because she can take a fucking punch and her dad is Jotaro.

    Otherwise, more JoJo fans are more than welcome!

  17. #17
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    ProlificDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Posts
    2,308
    Portal is pretty cool. What do you like to do on the weekends?

  18. #18
    [Level 1: Fresh Meat] norubal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    An excellent example of the bare minimum while still being technically classified as an "intro thread." Way to aim for the smog that permeates every corner of the city there Norubal. Couldn't be bothered with any specifics or details, or is your time really just so precious and limited that you couldn't afford to elucidate? If that's the case, you really shouldn't be on a forum at all.

    But hey, kudos to you for making it a whole rung and a half above general spambots. It's the little victories that keep us all going.
    What the a tedious discourse! it took half hour to understand your reply...
    for frivolous excuse, I prefer simple, not wordy or lengthy thing. If you want know more about me, don't go aggresive. reply like others, I will answer politely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic-KxDtoid View Post
    Who is your favorite Joestar? Mine is Jolyne because she can take a fucking punch and her dad is Jotaro.

    Otherwise, more JoJo fans are more than welcome!
    Yeah, another JoJo fan! nice to meet you!
    I like joseph, he's not superhuman(not as Jotaro and Jonathan) and more-like human.

    Quote Originally Posted by ProlificDream View Post
    Portal is pretty cool. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    I play yu-gi-oh on YGOPro, practice Metal Slug(I'm trying no miss clear), and visiting my friends' blog.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    Are Norwegians really stereotyped as fiddle players? That one strikes me as... odd, but then hey, I guess I don't know my stereotypes well enough to have any clue >.>
    The fiddle is central in old norwegian folk music. It doesn't really aplly that much today, but that's what I thought of as the "quitessential norwegian". Modern norwegian stereotypes are a bit hard to come by, seeing how we've become so internationalized, so we've become like everybody else. The peace prize thing, applies, though.

  20. #20
    Beast Master
    ZombiePlatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://digitalconfederacy.com/
    Posts
    32,450

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •