Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 183 184 185 186 187
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 3740

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

It's awfully quiet in here seeing as the new DLC dropped yesterday. What's the scoop?! How is the DLC compared to the last one? I'm not touching it until I'm done with ToX2.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    You learn why they're called "Alonne" Knights.

Still responds to BLOO
    Oh shit that new DLC was yesterday?

Honkey Kong
    Yep. And it's great.

Honkey Kong

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Throw another vote in for Demon's Souls. Tower of Latria still terrifies me.

Still responds to BLOO
    Ring of Protection = scrublord

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    It's crazy how many times I've died fighting to those headless giants because of their bukkake shoulders. Interesting enemy.

I can't wait for the last DLC. There's been at least one epic bossfight in each, I just hope From tries to do better on those optional co-op areas (or hell, just remove them entirely to make the main path bigger).

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Sun View Post
    It's crazy how many times I've died fighting to those headless giants because of their bukkake shoulders. Interesting enemy.

I can't wait for the last DLC. There's been at least one epic bossfight in each, I just hope From tries to do better on those optional co-op areas (or hell, just remove them entirely to make the main path bigger).
    I actually enjoyed the optional area this time. It was one of the most challenging places in the series, at least on NG++.

They had an interesting idea with those different layers, but the worst part for me was Smelter 2.0... Christ, that motherfucker. Not only did I not particularly enjoy fighting a reskinned boss (I thought the gank squad in Sunken King was a lot more interesting), but the way he delays his attacks is super annoying. It fooled me almost every time because the sound of his screams help to time my dodges. So first he shouts, then a second later he finally swings his sword. Not. Cool.

I hope at the very least From is more creative with the optional boss(es) next time. Sir Alonne was amazing, though.

Honkey Kong
    Yeah the re-skin was a let down, but the area before it lit me up and took a while to complete.

Still responds to BLOO
    It's not just a reskin, he's covered in Magic Flames, not Fire.

Both DLC's are better than the main game in terms of level design and bonfire placement. But that's about it.

The first hour or two of the DLC was fucking amazing. Then they had to go ruin it with this new "raid" type area. I don't understand why they keep insisting on forcing co-op in a single player game. Summoning should be something that always stays optional, and honestly they shouldn't design area's around it. In the first DLC it was an optional area, which is a better way of going about it. To make matters worse, the first boss you fight is a re-skin of the Smelter Demon with ridiculous defense and hp, because of course maxing those two things makes boss fights soooooo interesting.

-Edit-

I think the area is optional again? At least that's what I hope. Still would've liked to see a new area design, though. I hope they don't rehash this idea again for the last DLC.
    Last edited by King Zelos; 09-14-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Honkey Kong
    You don't need a summons though. I beat it solo NG++. Just use the shortcuts. This is assuming you're talking about Old Iron King DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    You don't need a summons though. I beat it solo NG++. Just use the shortcuts. This is assuming you're talking about Old Iron King DLC.
    Yeah I'm playing the newest DLC. The area I'm talking about is apparently the optional area just like in the last DLC. The rooms with massive amounts of enemies. I haven't found the shortcut in there yet, though. Once I found out that I didn't need to go there I went down to fight the Fume Knight. That man was a fucking beast, took me a good 6 tries to get the hang of him. I now gotta go all the way up the tower to access the memory I believe.

[Level 7: Sentinel]

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by King Zelos View Post
    Yeah I'm playing the newest DLC. The area I'm talking about is apparently the optional area just like in the last DLC. The rooms with massive amounts of enemies. I haven't found the shortcut in there yet, though. Once I found out that I didn't need to go there I went down to fight the Fume Knight. That man was a fucking beast, took me a good 6 tries to get the hang of him. I now gotta go all the way up the tower to access the memory I believe.
    I enjoyed the challenge of the area after the shortcuts. Protip: That gate that opens when you pull the lever? Run towards the fireballs. Try to avoid getting hit by them obviously.

Get hyped. Ivory King DLC screenshots: http://www.incgamers.com/2014/09/dar...-images-appear

Still responds to BLOO
    I was wondering if they forgot about the Golems, one of the few cool additions to the Dark Souls world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    I was wondering if they forgot about the Golems, one of the few cool additions to the Dark Souls world.
    I wonder if these also activate when you kill an enemy nearby. That would be interesting, I think.

Also, more screenshots, and Gamespot's video preview of the last DLC (warning: may spoil a few neat surprises).