Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 179 180 181 182 183
Results 3,641 to 3,658 of 3658

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

There's always the option of killing him in NG+ or starting a new character, DS2 offers great replayability IMO, just like the predecessor.

He is fun in NG+6, one overhead strike = death.

I do plan on doing NG+ but I really wanna dive into the other Souls games as soon as possible first. This is probably heresy or something but Dark Souls II is the first one I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by DrVanillaPHD View Post
    I do plan on doing NG+ but I really wanna dive into the other Souls games as soon as possible first. This is probably heresy or something but Dark Souls II is the first one I've played.
    I'd recommend going straight to the roots; Demon's Souls is amazing and still holds up today. Dark Souls is also pretty solid, didn't like it very much personally.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Don't listen to Zelos. He just cold from getting lagstabbed too many times. Dark Souls is thebombdot.com. Play Demon's and Dark, in any order, you can't go wrong.

I was thinking of doing Dark and then Demon's, since I heard doing it that way feels like an upwards progression of difficulty. I think it'll be cool to have Demon's be that final, ultimate challenge.

You'll be hard pressed to find a consensus on the difficulty of the games. As someone who played them in the order they were released and found that the games fit my playstyle really well, I had more trouble with the levels in Demon's and the bosses in Dark. A lot of people say the first one they played was the hardest which I think is probably fair. But there's too many things to think about when making a judgment and it's not even worth it because they are mostly even, so just play them in whatever order you want.

Well shit, alright then. I guess I'll just do it in whatever order I get my hands on em. I will say, just from the little bits and pieces I've seen of Demon's and Dark, it seems like everything in them is just better in every way. There's a lot of little things that I didn't like about Dark Souls II that the other games apparently don't have going on, so that's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by thymeparadox View Post
    Don't listen to Zelos. He just cold from getting lagstabbed too many times. Dark Souls is thebombdot.com. Play Demon's and Dark, in any order, you can't go wrong.
    Tch, don't even get me started on the online portion.

Well shit, alright then. I guess I'll just do it in whatever order I get my hands on em. I will say, just from the little bits and pieces I've seen of Demon's and Dark, it seems like everything in them is just better in every way. There's a lot of little things that I didn't like about Dark Souls II that the other games apparently don't have going on, so that's appreciated.
    Dark Souls II feels more like an arcade experience when compared to the other two games. Demon's Souls has dark, deep and rich environments with some pretty good lore to boot. Dark Souls shied away from those aspects a bit more and focused on online components, which failed. Like Thyme said, it doesn't matter which one you play first -- I personally recommend you start with Demon's Souls though. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by King Zelos View Post
    Demon's Souls has dark, deep and rich environments with some pretty good lore to boot.
    Now that is the kind of shit I want. Nothing gets me more into a game than some rich environments and some entertaining lore. I need the immersion.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    You'd love the Tower of Latria area in Demon's then.

A friend of mine actually said the same thing the other day. If it's as interesting of an area as I've been hearing then I'm really excited to get to it.

Yeah Latria is dope. If you're into atmospheric shit then make sure you explore everywhere in Dark Souls because arguably two of the best areas in terms of environment are totally optional and I guess pretty easily missable.

Now that is the kind of shit I want. Nothing gets me more into a game than some rich environments and some entertaining lore. I need the immersion.
    Yeah, Demon's Souls has that type of aspect to it. Also, it has something that I personally found extremely lack-luster in the other two games; memorable NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by thymeparadox View Post
    Yeah Latria is dope. If you're into atmospheric shit then make sure you explore everywhere in Dark Souls because arguably two of the best areas in terms of environment are totally optional and I guess pretty easily missable.
    Don't forget, you have to actually buy the best one. Which I highly recommend you do when you get Dark Souls, Artorias Of The Abyss is a must have. That was the best DLC I've played in years. Though, Ash Lake will always hold a special place in my heart.

I made sure to explore every inch of Dark Souls II to get the full experience and find any extra stuff laying around, so I'm definitely gonna do the same with the other two games. I think one of my favorite things about the series so far is all the little hidden areas you can find that have items or optional fights in them. It really gives off a Zelda vibe, and I love that shit.

Demon's was the hardest for me, even though I played Souls before. Even though I knew what kind of gameplay would await me, the enemies are sufficiently different than in DkS and hereby just as deadly. I hated certain areas in Demon's because of environment and enemy type, more than I did in DkS. But yeah, the bosses in DkS were much better designed IMO. For me, DkS is better, but I have to admit that DkS gets pressed hard by Demon's Souls' great areas and dark atmosphere. Demon's Souls has more dark in dark mystery than DkS has.

Quote Originally Posted by domanz View Post
    Demon's was the hardest for me, even though I played Souls before. Even though I knew what kind of gameplay would await me, the enemies are sufficiently different than in DkS and hereby just as deadly. I hated certain areas in Demon's because of environment and enemy type, more than I did in DkS. But yeah, the bosses in DkS were much better designed IMO. For me, DkS is better, but I have to admit that DkS gets pressed hard by Demon's Souls' great areas and dark atmosphere. Demon's Souls has more dark in dark mystery than DkS has.
    Could you say "DkS" a few more times?

Sure, here you go.

DkS, DkS, DkS. Don't want to overdo it, so I'm gonna stop here.