OH, forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 7 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

2,504 posts since Dec 2006
    Or a shriveled head, or a luminous parasite... xD

Based on the concept art, I can tell you at least that the creatures are going to be quite creepy, couldn't say for the locations though. The only one I saw was of a very old, half-reclaimed by nature building.

17,900 posts since Mar 2009

111 posts since Feb 2011

That is good! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can't believe he didn't capitalize on ALL those golden BS opportunities... that's some serious self control.

17,900 posts since Mar 2009

Oh what a pro. Interesting and yet little known fact, only the coolest of kids pvp at 387 and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    That was fucking great.

556 posts since Jul 2012

That video is ridiculous. The most I've done is camping corners in the Tomb of Giants and Sparta kicking people down

EDIT: Maybe it won't be so bad with actual servers, but I really hate getting roll-backstabbed. If I open myself up to a backstab, sure, capitalize but having some tool just roll around abusing his host connection and backstabbing me FROM THE FRONT...well..yeah...no more of that please.
    Last edited by Konnery; 12-29-2012 at 01:48 AM.

3,059 posts since Sep 2012

Looks great. I like how dark it is.

I'm sceptical about the art direction and the way characters move and everything else. I'm sceptical about this game.

1,556 posts since Feb 2008

The art reminds me more of Demon's Souls than Dark Souls. But I like it.

I'M AFRAID I'LL BE HURT AGAIN.

"One of the first thing that we immediately tried to do was improve the graphical quality."

That's great and all, but I need you guys to immediately try to improve that performance quality, know what I mean? I couldn't give a fuck about how many asshairs you can fit on a dude's butthole if the game is dropping down to 5 frames per second in some areas.

SO MUCH GLITTER. SO SHINY. ALL THAT SHIT FLYING AROUND.

2,090 posts since Jan 2008

That lighting!! Holy shit! Torches with a functional gameplay use! Fuck yeah! I hope the enemies do more damage than that, though, shit.

The level-based design over an open world is pretty hugely disappointing for me, still.

I hope it's good, I honestly do.

But I don't think it will be.

1,556 posts since Feb 2008

Victor don't be a Negative Nancy.

I'll be whatever kind of Nancy I want, you ain't my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    The level-based design over an open world is pretty hugely disappointing for me, still.
    Whoa, is that true? Boo. I thought the open world was one of the most interesting aspects of DkS. Finding shortcuts and alternative paths made the world feel real and whole.

3,059 posts since Sep 2012

I heard it was open world, not level based.

Love the red/orange & black/grey lighting/color scheme they've got going on.

I always considered Demon's Souls a pseudo survival horror game due to its grim atmosphere. Dark Souls kind of killed that for me with it's bright setting.

Hoping for a day/night cycle like where the dark becomes a big gameplay aspect like it is in Dragons Dogma.