Page 6 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

There's absolutely no reason LK ever left Japan.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Something about this sounds like wave-riding on Dark Souls. I hope to all the ethereal beings that I'm wrong though.

I mean, if it blows ass, they'll know about it. True, they can ride largely off the success of their previous entries in the souls series, but one major fuck up, and there won't be a 4th (at least not a profitable one). It would be a tragedy to see happen, but if it does, they'll get the fuckin' memo.

Still responds to BLOO
    I feel little bit better after the morality thing was expanded upon and seemingly triggers more phantoms against you.

But I'm certainly going at this with a more cautious approach from here on out

Agreed.

About half of this news stings my eyes to read. They're handing a fantastic series over from Miyazaki two two guys who want to "improve" the action? Hell no. The action is fine. You wield weapons in a weighted, believable way (for the most part), which gave me the sense that I was just a fragile little man against insurmountable odds. Average joe just trying desperately to stay alive. I don't want flashy anime-esque fights.

This whole thing sounds WAY too much like the abortion that was Ninja Gaiden 3. They're trying to fix what isn't broken.

And a MORALITY system? *Ring ring... ring ring* Hello? Oh hey, Peter Molyneux. Yeah, they're still trying to pull off your Fable bullshit. Isn't that sad?

The only way I can kinda see the "action" improving is more varied move-sets for the weapons or the ability to chain hits better between a heavy swing/regular swing assuming you have the stamina to back it up. Otherwise if you change it too much it ceases to really feel like a Souls game. I'm all for getting rid of cheap ass lag-stabbing though. yay servers.

As for morality, I can see them running it slightly like world tendency, just less shitty. I mean they already kind of have a morality system, albeit a loose one completely reliant on other players with indicments and things like the Forest/Darkmoon Covenant. Invade people and be a 'bad' guy and you get some justice. That kind of thing. If it gets all Fable-esque they can gtfo.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I wanted an improved dual wielding system that allowed faster and simultaneous attacks since the current offensive 'gains' when dual wielding don't offset the utility and defensive aspects of using a shield. I wouldn't mind additional chained swing animations and more fluidity, either... This isn't an action hack 'n' slash, though. They need to keep the slower, more strategic, punishing swordplay. That IS what makes a Souls game for me.
    Last edited by Arttemis; 12-17-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: phone assbergers

I think they should make dual-wielding more suitable for PvP.

Speaking of duel wielding, just saw a dude on my SL 120 that was running around naked with black knight great swords.

But then I get on my SL 30 and get lagstabbed to death. About to just call it on the forest covenant once I make it down to Shiva in Blighttown and buy all the weapons off of him.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    TAKE BACKSTABS 9OUT OF DAH GAME. But for real, lag stabbing in PVP makes pvp shit. They should just get rid of it, I'm open to all changes. Putting a new skin on the same system as Dark Souls would be okay, I want more than okay.

I'd like a working Gravemind system and fucking fix Summoning Failed plague that is Dark Souls.

Nothing like having a guy on the fence so he can just sprint behind and backstab with his back turned to you. #lagstabsarenofun

[Level 6: Robot]
    "Servers" won't fix lagstabs. They just mean a persistent world/matchmaking server like Demons Souls had, instead of the notoriously unreliable mystery that is Dark Souls trying to tie the matchmaking itself into the half functional convenants and shit. The connections for gameplay will still be peer to peer, they aren't gonna host a freakin' MMO here.

Anyone else get 10 inches or more from that artwork on the front page?

Gods I can't wait for this fucking game... >.<

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    Nothing like having a guy on the fence so he can just sprint behind and backstab with his back turned to you. #lagstabsarenofun
    You didn't have him on the fence. That's just him baiting you into activating his Red Tearstone ring so his Bandit's Knife and Hornet's Ring can do the rest because he's 100% asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    TAKE BACKSTABS 9OUT OF DAH GAME. But for real, lag stabbing in PVP makes pvp shit. They should just get rid of it, I'm open to all changes. Putting a new skin on the same system as Dark Souls would be okay, I want more than okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post

I'd like a working Gravemind system and fucking fix Summoning Failed plague that is Dark Souls.

Keep backstabs. People that chug Estus and use herbs in the middle of fight deserve to get backstabbed.

Yeah, the backstab isn't going anywhere, it's a staple of the game. Successfully out-maneuvering an opponent should be rewarded with more than just a simple, generic attack. The problem comes from the lag that seems to be as abundant as death in these games. I would really like to see them address the lag, if it's at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    Yeah, the backstab isn't going anywhere, it's a staple of the game. Successfully out-maneuvering an opponent should be rewarded with more than just a simple, generic attack. The problem comes from the lag that seems to be as abundant as death in these games. I would really like to see them address the lag, if it's at all possible.
    Yeah, I feel like the game would feel weird without them. Plus, they help immensely in solo play.

It allows for other playstyles than just "Oh hey there, lock on, shield up." I love rolling behind enemies and impaling them.

Parry riposte all the way! not that it's viable in pvp when lag causes players to seemingly teleport behind you with weapons in your back.

I'm avoiding that art, though. I don't want to spoil the game! Maybe I'll skip through a trailer when one comes out to see the graphics and glimpse at the new mechanics.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Hope it at least has a creepier atmosphere/locales than Dark Souls.

The only even slightly scary place in Dark Souls is Tomb of Giants and that's only because it's dark, a problem that can be solved with a pretty easy to get miracle.