Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

It was a fairly long time ago, I believe. I know str/dex scaling got a buff a long time ago, to make up for the fact that elemental upgrades blew standard out of the water, it would make sense that that's when they nerfed the elemental upgrades as well.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    It was a fairly long time ago, I believe. I know str/dex scaling got a buff a long time ago, to make up for the fact that elemental upgrades blew standard out of the water, it would make sense that that's when they nerfed the elemental upgrades as well.
    Yeah at launch it was bullshit. Meet weapon req's, go ele, boost nothing but VIT & END = Win + Pyromancy.

It was retarded. Glad specializations got a bump, now I'm going to make a Faith build!

I like dex builds just because dex weapons are fun. And dex was shit at launch. SHIT.

I always revert back into Heavy and fuck world fucker weapons. For some reason I like them.

One of my first goes at this jerk:

I love that shit.

If they deliver on the whole making-pvp-not-a-lagstab-fest thing, man, I'm gonna parry the fuck outta dudes. GET READY, WORLD.

Still responds to BLOO
    Said every Dark Soul scrub everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    Said every Dark Soul scrub everywhere
    Dude even the Cavs worked the Lakers. LMAO

Still responds to BLOO
    It's over man, Kobe knows this team is going no where so he's just gonna score his ass off to a top 3 all-time scorer, Dwight is probably leaving unless L.A. trades Pau for a bunch of 3 point shooters and bench kobe, Steve Nash can't do shit to save this team when it's biggest problem is defense and he never learned how to plant his feet against a ball holder.

I started out going for a dex build as well, was really disappointed to hear about it being underpowered. Picked up a washing pole and electrified it and that was cool for a time being, but ultimately I just shelved it until the update came.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Good lord N7, that's like exactly what I was wearing at the end of the game disregarding the shit-kicker axe.

Some info I cribbed from another site:

Edge Magazine has a blow out on Dark Souls 2 this month, and the details are out. Brace yourselves for the horror and anticipation of a brand new journey.

- Edge says they were shown a 10 minute playthrough of Dark Souls 2, and it is a huge step forward graphically. It looks on par with Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 in terms of "next-gen"-ness, or so they claim.

- Miyazaki is not working on the development of Dark Souls 2. He is not a director or producer, and is merely a "supervisor".

- Even as a supervisor, he isn't making any development decisions. He only tried to reinforce the team's commitment to releasing things on time, because of the bad experience they had with the patches in Dark Souls, and he also recommended the return to server-based gameplay ala Demon's Souls.

- The new directors, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, are indeed the From Software staff who previously directed the Another Century's Episode series. The decision to have the two directors replace Miyazaki was a company decision made by both From Software and Namco Bandai Games to help move the series forward in a fresh direction.

- Miyazaki is working full time on directing a new game. He will not disclose if it is a new IP or a sequel to something else.

- Darks Souls 2 will be a direct sequel, and have an open world of about the same size, but more dense with content.

- It does not take place on Lordran. The name of the world is the key of the story, they will reveal it at a later date.

- One thing Shibuya wants to enhance is the action in the game. He feels that he can contribute because of his experience working on action games in the past.

- Shibuya says he wants to make things like the Covenant system clearer and more accessible, and he wants to make the story and messaging less subtle.

- He promises there will still be "hidden" elements in the story and world which can be missed.

- Development started in September last year, and was done in parallel with some of the Dark Souls patches and DLC content.

- The game is 25% complete, and the team is substantially larger than Dark Souls. The world creation internal staff for the sequel is nearly double that of the first game.

- The game might not make it for 2013.

- They showed a fat grotesque creature, which Shibuya said was the result of the fusing of different creatures by a mad scientist character in the game, like Frankenstein.

- Another new enemy is a Nazgul-like black rider, who apparently serves as an executioner of evil doers. Shibuya confirms there is some sort of morality system in the game.

Still responds to BLOO
    Great, sounds like they're going to pull a Mass Effect 2 and michael bay everything that was great about the 1st one.

Bloo knows the truth.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    But dem graphics 'n' action 'n' simple story!!!.....

I'm not entirely sure I'm excited about this news.

Still responds to BLOO
    Shibuya confirms there is some sort of morality system in the game.
    This fucking line alone man

I'm entirely sure I'm worried about this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    But dem graphics 'n' action 'n' simple story!!!.....

I'm not entirely sure I'm excited about this news.
    Simplicity isn't the issue. As long as it's not very intrusive, it should be fine. As long as it plays by the cat & mouse design, it'll still be Dark Souls.

That said, though, fuck a morality system.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy
    The new directors, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, are indeed the From Software staff who previously directed the Another Century's Episode series.
    RED ALERT. RED ALERT. RED ALERT. RED ALERT.

Jesus Christ, they really handed control of Dark Souls to the directors of From Software's worst game series? ACE has some beautiful cutscenes and all of my favorite weeaboo mechas, but the games themselves largely blow ass.

From Software, what the fuck?

One thing Shibuya wants to enhance is the action in the game. He feels that he can contribute because of his experience working on action games in the past.
    Oh, like in ACE? Because when I think of quality action combat, I think of ACE (no I do not, this shit is dripping in industrial-grade sarcasm).

Lost Kingdom is From's worst franchise.

Pwnd
    There's a reason ACE never left Japan. Imagine Armored Core with all of the nuance and complexity torn out, and then replace all of the robots with anime mecha flying around in a shooting gallery for a quick cash-in.

It's sort of like taking Dark Souls and turning it into Streets of Rage.