Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by umberhulk View Post
    And Dark Souls compensates by putting sub bosses all over the place, but man, fuck world tendency.
    Sub-bosses = gameplay
    Intentionally killing yourself ad nauseam = stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Also, a valley full of aborted children is possibly the greatest setting I've ever heard of.
    Sounds like something in Shadows of the Damned

hahahah yes.

good game.

(and a gr8 show)

I don't think I ever had to kill myself more than 3 times.

The Valley of Defilement is the kind of level that I hate to the core while I'm playing, but really like when I remember it. Just never wanna go back there. No, sir.

EDIT: Ok, the trailer says "You are the undead" or something. The audio is really low. So yeah, human.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Valley of Defilement is the kind of level that I hate to the core while I'm playing, but really like when I remember it. Just never wanna go back there. No, sir.
    Oh definitely. Fuck actually playing in that place. I love it, but boy do I hate it too (which is why I love it). I'd rather go swimming at the bottom of Blighttown.

I just love both of these games to death. They're the few modern games that I don't get tired of. They occupy my #1 and #2 favorite games of all time. I have no shame in nerding out over either of them.

Still responds to BLOO
    Dark Souls being #1 obviously could not agree more Rev

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I preferred Demon's Souls hub world because it allowed for more varied environments without having to awkwardly mash them all together in one map.

Have they shut down them servers yet? This is kind of making me want to pick the game up again. I never did try NG+.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Yeah, they're down as of a few months ago, and the last month had everyone getting more tendency and drop rates.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I don't think I ever had to kill myself more than 3 times.

EDIT: Ok, the trailer says "You are the undead" or something. The audio is really low. So yeah, human.
    Those fucking giant goblins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post

She's got this whole thread quivering still! "Take my milk! I don't even like chocolate! I'm lactose intolerant!"

Also, a valley full of aborted children is possibly the greatest setting I've ever heard of.
    ...and fuck BP Selen Vinland and her obnoxious-ass Blind scimitar.
    Last edited by falsenipple; 12-09-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: adding fucking things that should be fucking fucked

Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    Yeah, they're down as of a few months ago, and the last month had everyone getting more tendency and drop rates.
    Ah, then never mind. Without the messages and blood stains and phantoms it just wouldn't be the same.

Bringer of Truth
    That's the shame of an idea like this in the long run, unfortunately.

Even if the servers stayed up, years down the line it won't be the same experience as it is now.

They could have created system to randomly generate ghosts and messages and even phantom invaders to at least mimic the feel of the game when the servers were up and populated.

But that's asking too much I'm sure.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Is Dark Souls 2 the "official" title?

I hate it when a series names its properties like this. I get that now "Dark Souls" has more of a name than the first game did, but I think they should have stuck with the "X Souls" naming convention.
    Uh, they wanted to make a Demon's Souls 2, but Sony owned the IP. King's Field, the predecessor to these games, also had this name convention(King's Field 2 proves this).

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    New director says sequel is going to be more accessible, direct, and linear.

Que fanboy rage.
    Director worked on Monster Hunter. Miyazaki is supervising all of this(it's been quite clearly stated). I doubt that there's anything to fear. He may be meaning that he wants the actual gameplay systems to be more clear, which is fine.

Posted on another forum about me when announced:

Fairly accurate.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Jeez, what kind of meta data do you have to search to find that kind of picture?

Pwnd
    Gonna take a wild guess and say it came from a bodybuilding forum.

(seriously, those guys always have the best stuff)

Nah HighdefDigest, I don't go to Bodybuilding.com too much anymore. Too much drama but yeah it's great for the Lulz every once and awhile.

It is the internet at its worst. They just know I love Dark / Demon's Souls.

Now if Bloo has the balls to 1 vs 1 me.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by umberhulk View Post
    Fuck World Tendency.
    With a rusty spoon.

Wait, Gorilla hasn't played NG+ on Demon's yet? The servers being down be damned, you need to go to world 2 my friend. Your good buddy the Flamelurker wants a word.

Can't wait for this game, but I'm going to have to. <sigh> Maybe if I just keep watching the trailer, I'll see new bits? : 3

[Level 6: Robot]
    My plan is to pretend this doesn't exist, and then go buy it when it comes out. WHICH WILL BE ON PC WHEN IT LAUNCHES THIS TIME, TYVM.

So when did they nerf Ele weapons??? I think it's a good thing, at least i'm pretty sure a lightning +5 Iato did more than 440dmg at launch.

I think it was around 500 or close. +10 fire Uchi I think did 512 which I almost have maxed and doesnt' look like it'll hit.