Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Never played Demon's since I'm poor and went with the 360 this generation but DSII is going to be a rare day one buy for me. Can't wait to see what crazy shit they throw at us this time.

I would actually say I like Demon's a hair better. I was just agreeing with the world structure.

Wish Dark Souls had better bows in the beginning.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And I like Demon's better. Fuck you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Throw another vote in for Demon's Souls. Tower of Latria still terrifies me.

Dark Souls has bows?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Dark Souls has bows?
    Yea that's basically my point. They're both great, though.

Still responds to BLOO
    Yeah in demon's souls you could slam spices and spam mana shit all day, then if you could go white tendency and make the game even easier. Farming for souls was easy peasy too.

Demon's souls was "babies first Souls game."

It makes sense rev and victor prefer it.

Dark was easier. And the best first run build is too obvious.

Nah, Bloo. It's because of the atmosphere and the general feel of the game.

Also yeah, Dark Souls is easier. Seriously, people are pussies. Orns and Smough? Pft. Fuck those clowns.

Still responds to BLOO
    It's so easy to farm souls in Demon's too. I agree guys, Demon's Souls was baby as fuck. The Storm Shrine after you kill the Adjudicator, you can farm the reapers in the next area, suicide, collect your body and rinse and repeat. And when that doesn't reap enough souls, then go to the final area and harvest storm rays.

I'm so glad I didn't play demon's souls first, then I'd have this weird ass attachment to it thinking it was harder when in reality it was the first game I played in this style, which is always going to be harder the first time you play it. Dark Souls being more or the less the same game with improvements would of course seem easier to people who played the first game and can think in Souls' frame of mind.

Remember those times you could get 400% damage boost in Demon's Souls? I wish Dark Souls was that easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember that time by 2/3rds of the game you had more than enough Moon Grass to run 3 playthroughs with?

Good thing Dark Souls tethered us with Estus Flasks to stop that soft-served ice cream shit.

Still responds to BLOO
    Remember that time World Tendency was the biggest gimmick ever? Want white for a random run through and for easy first area during NG+? Kill bosses. Want black tendency for farming? Die a lot in human form.

That game was something fierce.

Liza Minnelli fierce.

Pwnd
    I found that Dark Souls was pretty pathetic with the amount of difficulty it offered. I stacked endurance and vitality on my first playthrough and was rather amazed by how many bosses I could steamroll through by just holding up my shield. It was like the entire concept just baffled them. Doing that a lot of the bosses in Demon's Souls was a death sentence.

Still responds to BLOO
    Remember that time, when someone blitzkrieg'd their stats then complained it was too easy?

I mean, every other game you farm to levels 50-60 before you even hit the 3rd boss is still hard as fuck, especially on your first playthrough.

Number Munchers was harder than Demon's Souls.

Sure Demon's has exploits, but that doesn't detract from it. Dark Souls has them too. I have replayed Demon's recently and didn't think it was half as hard as I had before, but the visuals are still there, the characters are still there and the amazingly creepy undertones are there as well.

Still responds to BLOO
    I play video games for the graphics as well Victor

Right, and Dark has two great weapons that literally don't require and soul investment (while everything that competes with them does); get the req. and spend the everything else (5k) on whatever you want.

Still responds to BLOO
    Remember that time someone claimed to block all day and win when Gywn's 4 attack volley literally saps more than the stamina bar can ever possibly have?

Demon's Souls could babysit my niece it's so sweet.

Remember Pinwheel?

I don't. My NPC summon literally killed him for me.

Still responds to BLOO
    Oh shit, one side boss that was intentionally easy. When the game has two NPC's(and another one that is suggested to be after the same thing) that seek the rite of passage but end up undead and you get it easy-peasy, it was supposed to show the player how much progress they made since the beginning of the game when NPC's were an issue.

I guess we should chastise a game for even trying to get the player to reflect.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    Remember that time someone claimed to block all day and win when Gywn's 4 attack volley literally saps more than the stamina bar can ever possibly have?

You slippin, Bloo. Usually you're on your A-game. I thought you'd have the whole Dark Souls wiki memorized by now.

Still responds to BLOO
    Closing Statement:

I'm glad the better game is getting a sequel.

Pussy Bandito Out