Page 1 of 187 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Darker Souls!!!

[Level 7: Sentinel]

Darker Souls!!!

Holy fuck! Holy fuck!

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-soul...0-240146.phtml

From the Dtoid article,
    "Namco Bandai has made the announcement as well, confirming that this game is for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Souls series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki will serve as supervisor, while From Software's Tomohiro Shibuya will be the director. There's promise of a new hero, storyline, and world, plus "a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others," according to the press release.

"We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series," said Shibuya. "The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey."

Release Date: March 2014
    Last edited by Arttemis; 06-02-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Still responds to BLOO
    Hopefully they got my letters and improved on the game.

Still responds to BLOO

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Guess I got a reason to jump back into Dark Souls. Fucking Sen's Fortress turned me off of the game for awhile.

This is wishful thinking but I kind of hope they go back to a hub-based world like in Demons Soul's.

Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    Hopefully they got my letters and improved on the game.
    In some ways Dark Souls has more general "wiki" sort of shit (than Demon's). But atleast you didn't have to deal with World Tendency.

I would kill for another intricately designed open world. That's the biggest reason I much prefer Dark to Demon's.

Agreed. Demon's was pretty damn atmospheric though, and had some gems character wise.

I hope Dark Souls 2 uses a little less verticality. It's a great tool, and I'm not really jabbing Dark for it, but I want a little bit of Zelda. Not much. Just enough to give the second, explorabe world a little bit of it's own, different identity. A little difference in flow. (those soldiers look interesting though; they actually look like something out of the recent Scott Snyder Batman book)

[Level 5: Mech]
    Having played both I have to say I prefer how Castlevania-esque their approach to the open world was over the hub. The hub was convenient and all but it left a lot to be desired in contrast. There were enough shortcuts to find, for the most part, that would limit the travel times enough so it wasn't painful running around. The open world added this really cool element of exploration, especially with the covenants. The only thing that could make it better is no more Blight town (or at least one that runs better) and server based MP.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I say keep P2P, that way we don't have to worry about the game shutting down after 4 years or so. Or make it use both.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I HAVE THE HARDEST BONER RIGHT NOW

I never got around to getting through most of Dark Souls. Definitely looking forward to this.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    I HAVE THE HARDEST BONER RIGHT NOW
    My boner is harder. I challenge yours to a slapping contest. The first boner to break is the loser. YOUR MOVE.

Still responds to BLOO
    Gay.

Just like Dark Souls.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    Gay.

Just like Dark Souls.
    You could make it gayer. Show me your dick.

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I say keep P2P, that way we don't have to worry about the game shutting down after 4 years or so. Or make it use both.
    I like the idea, but at least in my case, P2P has just murdered the online play. I rarely found anyone to connect with, invasions are borderline impossible. Pretty much killed most of the games re-playability because of how it's set up. It's just aggravating to have to deal with.

Otherwise it'd be pretty awesome but for all we know they could be doing something even crazier for DS2.

If/when the servers shut down, I'd hope they would just patch in a transposed version of existing p2p net code from the first Dark Souls.

Hope they toss info out to teethe on soon now that the cat's out of the bag.

Bloo likes Dark Souls, he can't fool me.

And I like Demon's better. Fuck you all.

Pwnd
    Throw another vote in for Demon's Souls. Tower of Latria still terrifies me.

brother