Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]

Mortal Kombat X

Seems we will see the official reveal of the next Mortal Kombat game [b]in around 2 hours/b], Ed Boon started a countdown 30 days ago with clues and guessing games which hinted at Kiefer Sutherland being involved (He was first mentioning it in February http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/22/54...al-kombat-game by himself) to cars with the MK-X Signs and a new Mortal Kombat Dragon Logo and the "Who's Next" Poster a few days ago

Back in 2012, Ed Boon said the next Mortal Kombat game would be for the next-generation consoles but now Amazon is listing Mortal Kombat X for the older platforms and also the PC. I believe this is completely speculated and a placeholder by Amazon.

Nothing beside that is known today, speculated is that MK X is a direct sequel of MK (2011) which could continue the story and mean it being a reboot of Mortal Kombat 4, maybe with parts of the story and characters of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and Deception as well since MK (2011) was a reboot of the first trilogy.

Will update this post as soon as the trailer arrives. Can't wait!

Update:

Confirmed characters:
    Scorpion
    Sub Zero

Seems this time there will be environmental weapons.

Hating the music choice which seems super unfitting, no details of the story etc were made, seems the game is coming to PS4, XBone, according to the official description it is "nextgen technology powered"

Sorry guys, no ps3,xb360 or wiiU versions.
    Last edited by R.Hoffmann; 06-02-2014 at 08:56 AM.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Obligatory.

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    And updated with the trailer and all few details so far. Guess /Hope they show a real trailer with more details at the E3...and choose a more fitting music.

I'm okay with it being next-gen only. Too many fighters are out on 360/PS3, plus Street Fighter is still king there. Getting MKX on next-gen only will probably allow it to get a bigger foothold.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Steam ID
    Everyday Legend
    PSN
    Everyday_Legend
    XBL
    Everyday Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    I'm okay with it being next-gen only. Too many fighters are out on 360/PS3, plus Street Fighter is still king there. Getting MKX on next-gen only will probably allow it to get a bigger foothold.
    Street Fighter is only king because it's the better game, in terms of mechanics. I would love to see MK surpass them. It's not hard to see how to get that done, but it would be hard to make that happen.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    revrevolution
    XBL
    [none]
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Hoffmann View Post
    Sorry guys, no ps3,xb360 or wiiU versions.
    This is good news to me. Don't get me wrong, the PS3 and 360 have been a blast, but I'm ready for developers to start honing in on the current gen.

Just played IX with some buddies the other day and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to keep an eye on this one.

Pwnd
    Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    Revuhlooshun
    XBL
    Revuhlooshun
    Oh my God, that music. Dear Mister Jesus of the Isle of Dog Fuck, shoot the man who picked that song.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    Street Fighter is only king because it's the better game, in terms of mechanics. I would love to see MK surpass them. It's not hard to see how to get that done, but it would be hard to make that happen.
    Nothing you said here is wrong. My point was just that it would help MKX flourish a bit more in a (for now) Street Fighter-less world.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Steam ID
    StriderHoang
    Nintendo ID
    Striderhoang
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    StriderHoang
    I loved Injustice's mechanics. I hope MKX capitalizes off that momentum like a large meter bar (MK9 was only 3 pieced) and maybe a trait/drive button. Dedicating a button to something unique helps define character design, I feel. Interactables that act like weapons sounds like a neat call back to when MK had weapon stances.

Honestly I'm not sure I want too much of Injustice to bleed over into MKX. The character specific traits worked in Injustice because everyone was a super hero who had a very distinct superpower, that's not completely true with the MK roster. The intractable stuff was also pretty neat, but it was cheap/broken in certain scenarios. I wouldn't mind it coming over if it was reworked.

Overall I'd rather just have an updated and tweaked version of MK9 rather than MK: Gods Among Us Edition. MK9 was a pretty solid game and I think that game's mechanics (again, with some more tweaking) could really challenge Street Fighter for the top spot eventually. Keep MK like MK, keep Injustice like Injustice

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Steam ID
    StriderHoang
    Nintendo ID
    Striderhoang
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    StriderHoang
    I guess the reason I liked Injustice so much is because it felt like it had certain SF elements mixed in with that MK feel and mechanics. Clash is basically a really weird interpretation of burst too.

I never liked the meter mechanics of MK9 though. Just three bars? I don't think you gain meter at a particularly fast or slow rate either. At least most other games let you sit on a several stock strategically. I just remembered that MK9 uses two bars for combo breaking/burst though.

Now, I don't know what I want. I didn't like MK9 but liked Injustice. I'm ok with SF but am a much bigger fan of GG/BB-style gameplay. I'll just have to wait and see more info.

Still responds to BLOO
    Steam ID
    HectorGarfria
    Nintendo ID
    HectorGarfria
    XBL
    Hector Garfria
    injustice is a better game than mk9

I liked both games personally. MK9's setup felt a little bit more like a tournament fighter while Injustice felt a bit more like a zany superhero fighter. Both were good, I thought. I won't complain too much of some Injustice stuff carries into MKX.

Steam ID
    [none]
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    Seems the game is coming to all platforms, was wrong with my assumption

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/...ring-skorpion/

Still weird since Boon himself said previously it would be a next-gen game.

Still only getting next-gen though.

Also, FFS Boon, put your blatant Scorpion boner aside and let someone else be on the box art for once.

Spoiler!

Steam ID
    Everyday Legend
    PSN
    Everyday_Legend
    XBL
    Everyday Legend
    Put Jax on it. Metal Arms Edition. Signed by Hannibal Burress.

I'd prefer the Johnny Cage "those were 500 dollar sunglasses, asshole" Edition

Steam ID
    Everyday Legend
    PSN
    Everyday_Legend
    XBL
    Everyday Legend
    White Boy Thug Life Mall Food Court Edition.

Still responds to BLOO
    Steam ID
    HectorGarfria
    Nintendo ID
    HectorGarfria
    XBL
    Hector Garfria
    Injustice had a stronger presence in the tournament scene than MK9

Did it? For some reason I remember MK9 sticking around at EVO longer than Injustice. But I'm not going to pretend like I know squat about the tournament scene.

I do remember people bitching about MK9's block button though and thought that was the dumbest thing.