Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!!!

Juice Box

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!!!

YES!!!
    I can't wait for this game. After putting in 60+ hours in the original, I'm stoked that this is getting a remake. The game will feature double the amount of items, and will never (hopefully) lag because it won't be made in flash.

New as of 1/27/14 Q and A

[Level 8: Skynet]
    FUCK YES

Juice Box
    The Q&A is really interesting. Honestly, this game kind of fell off my radar since we hadn't heard anything about it. We also have been seeing more news for Mewgenics, indicating that that project had taken certain attention.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Welp, looking forward to this and Mewgenics.....edmund is prettty godlike.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    God I cant wait.

Hm. I actually liked the flash style a lot. Looked very slick, very "clean". Let's see how the remake turned out. I loved Isaac, for the evil, black humour alone.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by OpiumHerz View Post
    Hm. I actually liked the flash style a lot. Looked very slick, very "clean". Let's see how the remake turned out. I loved Isaac, for the evil, black humour alone.
    I liked it visually, but the slow down and whatnot was horrific on the comp.

I put a ton of time into the original release, but never as much as I would have liked (only beat mom 3 times so I haven't opened the full dungeon yet). This might be just the excuse I need to get back in.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Plus, you know, the game kept breaking in the weirdest of ways because of flash. Interested to see if the newer version doesn't break as easily, although it'd be fun if you can still beat the game four times in one life and get later endings before the first one again.

New content is enough for me (dropped almost 500 hours into the original. I know.....) but I'm hoping that item stacking is handled a little better this time around. Triple shot and laser should combine to be three lasers, just sayin'.

Pwnd
    Abortion and religion the vidya gaem.

One more tidbit of info: there's a new item called Tiny Planet which causes Isaac's tears to orbit his body. Sounds really interesting, especially when combined with other effects.

That sounds incredibly useful. Those flies won't get a cheap kill with that thing equipped.

A recent Q&A with Edmund McMillen by one of the most annoying Let's Play hosts of all time, Northernlion.

Listening now so I'm not sure if there are any new details.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I can't wait for it. I loved the first one but had to stop playing it due to the damn keyboard controls. Plus streaming to my Vita...uh, hell yes....

Juice Box
    CT: Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Scield View Post
    I can't wait for it. I loved the first one but had to stop playing it due to the damn keyboard controls.
    Yep. I don't do keyboard controls, and that xpadder bullshit workaround they recommended only half-worked.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!!!

Here are the juicy details I remember:

- Different sized rooms are a possibility. Hasn't been tested yet.

- There will be more secret item combinations, like the Guppy transformation (which happens to be my favorite thing in the game so I'm pumped to hear that!).

- The Polaroid won't be a Space Bar item anymore. Will take some other form.

- The environment will feel more "alive". More effects, more things. Sounds good.

- There will be a new pricing tier for Item Shops - the Blue Candle was mentioned as an example. I don't know how much it'll cost, though.

- Stats like Faith, Shot Speed, Range and Luck will be "fixed" or at least altered so they are more noticeable.

- He doesn't like the idea of adding items that are references to Let's Play personalities. Thank fuck for that.

- Certain boss fights (like Isaac) will be altered to be more bullet-hell-like.

- Multiple save slots and daily challenges are on the table.

- There will be some sort of mechanic introduced to encourage speed runs. Not like the Ghost in Spelunky, but something like a secret door that will open if you can make it to Mom and kill her within a certain amount of time.

Honestly, it all sounds great. Ed seems to have a strong opinion on what he wants and doesn't want. If the broken, shitty Flash version of Isaac was already so much fun, I can hardly imagine how much fun I'm going to have with this one!

Juice Box
    Fuck, that all sounds awesome. Thanks CT.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Totally on board for this newer version. All of that sounds really good.