Thread: Dead Or Alive 5

[Level 6: Robot]

Dead Or Alive 5

Did search, couldn't find a thread for it anywhere. Apologies if I've overlooked one.

Anyone picked this up? I know there was a lot of positive hype and comments on each DOA5 post on the front page and on Dtoid's twitch.tv channel so I'm surprised to have seen zero mention of it since release.
    With the recent patch improving the netcode, just seeing if there's any interest in getting Dtoiders together to smack each other upside the head, outside of the usual FNF.

Personally, I'm going crazy over it (as I do with every DOA game). Balance is almost spot-on (though I think Ryu, Jann Lee and Brad are all a bit broken once you factor in online lag), online's not been too bad for me though I understand lots of people are having problems, the community's nice - I've yet to have a single rage message but have had several nice ones - and as batshit as the story mode is and as input-reading cheap as the AI is on the hardest difficulties, even offline's pretty fun.

And, of course,

I came here to share the word that DOA5 is coming to Steam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7ED2lqtJc

INB4 "Omg focus on gameplay instead of boobs": The gameplay of DOA5 was already pretty damn good. One of the smoothest and most balanced fighters in the past decade, with plenty of depth to satisfy the hardcore fighting gamers who can look past the boobs. (unfortuantely, the hardcore fighting game crowd is filled with a lot of elistist who think "Boobs = no gameplay", then proceed to play as Mai in KOF13 xD So DOA5 will never get the recognition it deserves at the likes of EVO) Then DOA5Ultimate came along and made the gameplay even better. And now Last Round will make things better again. The gameplay is already there. Stop pretending it isn't. And don't even play the sexism card because the males have costumes where they were nothing but shorts or underwear too.

Anyway, so yeah... DOA5 will be on Steam sometime. Not sure if at the same time the PS4/X1 version releases or what.

And you only have to wait up to three months to play online!

The future is now!!

"Additional Notes: Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release."

Quote Originally Posted by Cla View Post
    I came here to share the word that DOA5 is coming to Steam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7ED2lqtJc

INB4 "Omg focus on gameplay instead of boobs": The gameplay of DOA5 was already pretty damn good. One of the smoothest and most balanced fighters in the past decade, with plenty of depth to satisfy the hardcore fighting gamers who can look past the boobs. (unfortuantely, the hardcore fighting game crowd is filled with a lot of elistist who think "Boobs = no gameplay", then proceed to play as Mai in KOF13 xD So DOA5 will never get the recognition it deserves at the likes of EVO) Then DOA5Ultimate came along and made the gameplay even better. And now Last Round will make things better again. The gameplay is already there. Stop pretending it isn't. And don't even play the sexism card because the males have costumes where they were nothing but shorts or underwear too.

Anyway, so yeah... DOA5 will be on Steam sometime. Not sure if at the same time the PS4/X1 version releases or what.
    Well, isn't that a mighty fine chip you've got on your shoulder there O_O