Thread: Enter: The Bear

Enter: The Bear

Ohai guise! I've been meaning to come here for a while, but never got around to it until now. I like games. Game design, story, art, music, talking about them, watching them, basically everything to do with them. It's usually simple interface things that most people overlook that I get a lot of enjoyment out of noticing. I hope to maybe make games at some point in the future, but lack any of the skills to do so at the moment. That's the kind of stuff I hope to be talking about.

As for what I play, I'm a Nintendo fanboy. And yes, I am aware of their flaws, but I can't help but love them anyway. Other than Nintendo platforms, I play most of my games on PC. Genre-wise, I don't care, as long as it plays well and/or has a good story.

So yeah, look forward to talking to ya'll about stuff.

Edit: At the request of Vahnati, I will now begrudgingly list some games I am playing and games that I find to be the most enjoyable in all the land.

Playing:
    FTL
    Dota 2
    Sanic Calours
    Whatever else I can get my hands on since my dad's a dingus and won't let his 20 year old son play vidjagames till he's moved out (Seriously. Dick.).

Best games evar (don't judge):
    Golden Sun (1 and 2)
    Bastion
    Link's Awakening
    Megaman Battle Network 1-3
    Megaman X
    Master Blaster
    Resident Evil 4
    Chibi Robo
    Metroid Prime series
    Pokemon Snap
    All of the Paper Mario games
    And probably some others that I forgot about since I can't see my collection right now.

Also, fun fact. I can't play a shooter with a standard dual stick controller. Literally cannot. I played the Prime Trilogy and Resi 4 on the Wii.
    Last edited by Kumabear; 12-17-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Because apparently I did it wrong.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Welcome, so how are you linking the WiiU?

[Level 12: CHET]
    Moar Bears!!! Rawr!!

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardKing View Post
    Welcome, so how are you linking the WiiU?
    I haven't picked one up yet because I'm poor and need a job, but I am thoroughly impressed. I played Rayman Legends for like 2 minutes at Gamestop once, and the controller alone sold me. I'm disappointed with the ports though, Nintendo can do better than that. I also think the whole "storage on the basic unit" debacle is stupid. It's called the basic unit, you shouldn't expect more than the bare minimum.

In what way should we be entering you?

Preferably via osmosis.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
    I haven't picked one up yet because I'm poor and need a job, but I am thoroughly impressed. I played Rayman Legends for like 2 minutes at Gamestop once, and the controller alone sold me. I'm disappointed with the ports though, Nintendo can do better than that. I also think the whole "storage on the basic unit" debacle is stupid. It's called the basic unit, you shouldn't expect more than the bare minimum.
    Yeah I also tried Rayman and I really loved it, I won't get it, because I only got a PS3 recently, so I have a lot of thing to play there

No list of specific games you enjoy or are currently playing, or even an all time favorites? Come on man, it's really the only thing holding you back from having a good intro here (aside from the fanboy thing, but don't worry, we can cure you of that). That avatar was good for a chuckle, so you got that going for you as well.

Assuming you can make the necessary modifications, welcome to the Destructoid forums.

Added obligatory lists. Happy now?

Also, my current avatar is temporary while I find time to finish making mine. Sprite art takes forevs.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
    Best games evar (don't judge):

Link's Awakening
    Yep.

I'm never happy, but it is nice to see a fully realized introduction thread from what appears to be a worthwhile addition.