Thread: Might as well start here

Might as well start here

I always find it a bit daunting to start posting on a really big forum. There's the impression of a big community that I'm not a part of and feel weird barging in on, and all the threads I find interesting has at least 50 pages of comments, so they're all a bit like entering in the middle of a conversation.

I'm a fan of Jimquisition, regular reader of Destructoid and occasional listener to Podtoid. The attitude and atmosphere of the site really appeals to me, so I want to be a small part of that by fanboying around in the forums.

So please be nice to me.

TL;DR version: 'Sup, Destructoid?

Beast Master
    Cool. Don't feel intimidated to post in threads because they're big, that's just a waste of your time. The conversations restart, recycle and just change on a whim all the time, so no worries there.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Sup man, what type of games do you play? Any favorite genre?

THE MR.E BIRD
    All the conversations are inane bullshit and derailment anyway. That's why I love this forum so hard. Fuck consistency and topics.

Welcome and shit, tell us about you. Open up to us both personally and anally then let us plunder your depths with our truth seeking phalluses. Welcome!

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    All the conversations are inane bullshit and derailment anyway. That's why I love this forum so hard. Fuck consistency and topics.

Welcome and shit, tell us about you. Open up to us both personally and anally then let us plunder your depths with our truth seeking phalluses. Welcome!
    Yeah, I love bubblegum too.

Also, welcome new guy!

THE MR.E BIRD
    This guy. ;_; <3

I prefer chewing on things like boners or fudge.

Quote Originally Posted by noobspoon View Post
    Sup man, what type of games do you play? Any favorite genre?
    All kinds, really. My taste in games aren't that restricted to genres, as I play games more for story and atmosphere than for mechanics. But games I enjoy include Silent Hill, Legend of Zelda, Half-Life, GTA, Final Fantasy and Shadow of the Colossus.

Nice, sounds like the kind of forum I like. Inane bullshit happens to be a favorite pastime of mine. I feel so welcome already

THE MR.E BIRD
    Looking forward to GTA V?

[Level 12: CHET]
    Hi.

If you agree with this message then you're alright!

Looking forward to GTA V?
    I feel neutural about GTA V. Honestly, I miss the humor of III/Vice City/San Andreas, the radio stations especially I found lacking in IV. GTA IV was a good game, but the "dark 'n gritty" direction was done in a way that was less interesting than the satire of "old" GTA. Although, it's been years since I played the older games, so I may be a bit blinded by nostalgia. GTA V seems more colorful than IV, though, which I like. IV felt like a brown slodge.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Hi.

Don't know who that lady is, but I can always get behind bacon

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Betty White face or Betty White, they are totally two different things.

Also welcome, I too have a special heart for games with good stories, if it's not a good story that captivates me, then the gameplay is what usually sells me, I don't mind graphics, that's why I "hate" Crysis, don't like the gameplay

Ray of Sunshine
    Shit. I never thought of the pre-GTA3 games as satire. I just knew there was a smiley face gang in 2.

Also, don't be put off by thinking you're interrupting a conversation. You might get some, "y0 wotdef0k who does this asshole think he is" but if you have skin thicker than paper, you'll do fine. Or if you do have paper thin skin, start your own threads! I encourage you to do so.

Is there a name you prefer to go by? I might call you male-MOE, because we already have a female Moe.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Hi.

Is it a granny bacon yogscast reference? That's all I think of with that image.

Whatever the fuck is on the left can die in a fire. I'll just take the bacon thank you very much.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Silly Sam, Betty White is impervious to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardKing View Post
    Betty White face or Betty White, they are totally two different things.
    Maybe she just wants Betty White's head in a cupboard? Can't you people accept that?

Quote Originally Posted by Changston View Post
    Shit. I never thought of the pre-GTA3 games as satire. I just knew there was a smiley face gang in 2.

Also, don't be put off by thinking you're interrupting a conversation. You might get some, "y0 wotdef0k who does this asshole think he is" but if you have skin thicker than paper, you'll do fine. Or if you do have paper thin skin, start your own threads! I encourage you to do so.

Is there a name you prefer to go by? I might call you male-MOE, because we already have a female Moe.
    Yeah, whichever works. Or Mirage, maybe? Are there many mirages on this forum? (apart from the mirage of coherence and sanity which dissolves into off-topic messages and randomness when entering a thread HURR HURR WORDPLAY).

But, yeah, this forum seems cool. I feel like at the start of an RPG, I've just passed the tutorial quest and now I'm off to do lots of random stuff for XP.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Shorten Mirage to RAGE. Even better.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Welcome. It's dangerous to go alone, take this: