Thread: Newly launched Kickstarter for unique platforming game "Dragon Drop"

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] heezdacheez's Avatar

Newly launched Kickstarter for unique platforming game "Dragon Drop"

Hello,

My name is James Richards and I'm the team lead and game designer for "Dragon Drop". We launched our Kickstarter today and I wanted to share it with you and ask for your support!

Dragon Drop is a platforming game that allows the player to drag and drop platforms and other objects around the level in order to reach the goal.

Check out our kickstarter page for a video and list of our rewards: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...37/dragon-drop

Thanks!

-James

Copy pasting isn't cool because it means you spent a few minutes at most making an account and a few seconds to ask for the money of anyone in this community. Unique pledges for different sites show that you care about promoting your work and give other people reason to care too. Currently this is only just a bit better than spam.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    GET 'EM, HATMAN!

I'm more giving advice than just ranting and I hope it has a mutual benefit.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Don't sell yourself short, Hatty.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] heezdacheez's Avatar
    It used the same structure and wording but wasn't a direct copy paste, I can understand how one could construe that as lazy, how would you suggest I make it unique? By just mentioning Destructoid? I really just wanted to share the link with everyone. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Also, I'm not asking just for money, support is great too and communities such as this are a great place to find it.

-James

THE MR.E BIRD
    KICKSTARTERS KILLED MY PARENTS YOU INSENSITIVE BITCH.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by heezdacheez View Post
    It used the same structure and wording but wasn't a direct copy paste, I can understand how one could construe that as lazy, how would you suggest I make it unique? By just mentioning Destructoid?
    I'd ignore Hatman's "unique pledges for different sites" bit, at least in a case like this where you only exist here to pimp your product. As of right now you're just some dude popping up to shill, and for the most part nobody here will care. And for the entire part you're breaking Forum rules.

6: Don't Start Threads To Spam/Self Promote/Post Referral Links: If your only purpose in registering for our forum is to tell us about your clan recruitment drive, crowdfunding project, indie game/iPhone app, gaming blog, or MMO gold offer you are doing it wrong. You can share links to your personal blog/YouTube account/whatever in your introduction thread, but if you don't follow that up with actual efforts to integrate into our community expect swift justice from our Spam Hammer. Make an intro thread and tell us who you are before you start shilling, or you will not get a good reaction.
    So yeah, either be a real person or just don't post any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    KICKSTARTERS KILLED MY PARENTS YOU INSENSITIVE BITCH.
    Look at his name, Tarvu. This guy is your parents.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Heezdacheez? But my parents weren't Mexican!

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I'd ignore Hatman's "unique pledges for different sites" bit, at least in a case like this where you only exist here to pimp your product. As of right now you're just some dude popping up to shill, and for the most part nobody here will care. And for the entire part you're breaking Forum rules.

So yeah, either be a real person or just don't post any more.
    Not sure how what you're saying is different to what I'm saying except what you describe as being human is me describing as putting thought into making a unique post. ):
    Quote Originally Posted by heezdacheez View Post
    It used the same structure and wording but wasn't a direct copy paste, I can understand how one could construe that as lazy, how would you suggest I make it unique? By just mentioning Destructoid? I really just wanted to share the link with everyone. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Also, I'm not asking just for money, support is great too and communities such as this are a great place to find it.

-James
    Changing the wording sounds like just making it harder to google and identify as spam. I'm sure that wasn't your intention though.

Ideally you would be able to interact with each community you come into contact with and be seen as a person with some little help needed. Pay attention to the details of each community and get some attention by not being seen as a total outsider. With this site you could have made an intro thread explaining yourself, telling us what inspired you to start making games.

THE MR.E BIRD
    And change your name to something less white. Goddamn whites.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    Not sure how what you're saying is different to what I'm saying except what you describe as being human is me describing as putting thought into making a unique post. ):
    Posting one unique post to sell your product is still just posting here to sell your product. We're miles apart, bro.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Thousands of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Posting one unique post to sell your product is still just posting here to sell your product. We're miles apart, bro.
    I'm not your bro, bro.

Beast Master
    You could be.

Beast Master
    Nevermind, you're right. No brother of mine would waste everybody's time by trying to use an image from funnyjunk.

Failed embed? Goddamn nazis.