Thread: HELLO DESTRUCTOID

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] shitakeonice's Avatar

HELLO DESTRUCTOID

I made an account here because I miss being part of a forum community. I used to frequent the Newgrounds forums, and I currently frequent the 4chan boards (just /mu/ and /b/), but just as a lurker. My favorite game series are the typical stuff for teenage guys like me to like, and such as MGS, Pokemon, Ace Attorney, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc. etc.

I currently am only in possession of a laptop as a video game platform though, due to my PS3 being broken and my DS being caught in a time-warp. And since my laptop isn't exactly powerful I can't run any newfangled PC games on it, just emulators. I mainly use PSX, and I use my PS3 controller as a controller and plug in my laptop to my TV, so it's kind of like I'm actually playing a PS1 minus the ominous whirring, the fear of it suddenly catching fire, and the arbitrary consciousness that there would suddenly be a hardware failure. So I'm pretty much only limited to the previous generations of video games right now. So if you have any suggestions for nice video games to check out, please, recommend me some!

Aside from video games I really love listening to and making music, watching movies, and reading and trying to write books/literature/whatever. I hope this community will give me plenty of memories just like Newgrounds did, and it won't randomly spiral into an unspoken purgatory. I never really left the forums there but it's kind of getting strangely stale and inactive there, and all of the people I've come to know there are getting up and leaving.

Again, hello Destructoid!

THE MR.E BIRD
    Hello! Pretty good intro. Where are you from and what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by shitakeonice View Post
    My favorite game series are the typical stuff for teenage guys like me to like, and such as MGS, Pokemon, Ace Attorney, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc. etc.
    That's the typical stuff that teenage girls like too.

Aside from video games I really love listening to and making music, watching movies, and reading and trying to write books/literature/whatever.
    What sort of msucis do you make, movies do you watch and books/literature/whatever do you read?

I hope this community will give me plenty of memories just like Newgrounds did, and it won't randomly spiral into an unspoken purgatory. I never really left the forums there but it's kind of getting strangely stale and inactive there, and all of the people I've come to know there are getting up and leaving.
    These forums have been from strength to strength but have been pretty consistently active for my time here. There was a time when Niero tried to merge the forums with the front page in some horrible fashion and that almost killed the forums off until he undid it.

Also Welcome.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] shitakeonice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Hello! Pretty good intro. Where are you from and what do you do?
    The Philippines. I'm just a student at the moment, so I don't really do anything aside from 'be a consumer whore'.

What sort of msucis do you make, movies do you watch and books/literature/whatever do you read?
    I just try to recreate the music I listen to, which is mainly 90s alternative modern indie stuff.
    The movies I watch don't all fall under a specific umbrella since I can appreciate most stuff, but I'm really partial to romantic comedies like 500 Days of Summer and Annie Hall. I love Pixar and Studio Ghibli movies too. And the books I read don't all fall under a specific niche either, but some books I recently read that I enjoyed were One Day and Kafka on the Shore.

Also Welcome.
    Thanks man. I hope I'll enjoy my stay here :v

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Welcome to the forums.

As always, Legend of Dragoon is a must on the ol' PSX/

THE MR.E BIRD
    The Philippines. I'm just a student at the moment, so I don't really do anything aside from 'be a consumer whore'.
    Don't worry, we're all consumerist whores.

I just try to recreate the music I listen to, which is mainly 90s alternative modern indie stuff.
    Anything in particular?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Don't worry, we're all consumerist whores.
    It's how Western Civilisation works. Shut up and buy it now!

Welcome to the forums.

Pwnd
    I made an account here because I miss being part of a forum community. I used to frequent the Newgrounds forums, and I currently frequent the 4chan boards (just /mu/ and /b/), but just as a lurker.
    /b/ is pretty awesome isn't it? I still go there sometimes for images and such. They have a bad reputation but it's there for a good reason -- it scares the truly stupid people away. Heh. Welcome to the forums!

These forums have been from strength to strength but have been pretty consistently active for my time here. There was a time when Niero tried to merge the forums with the front page in some horrible fashion and that almost killed the forums off until he undid it.
    I like to think of the front page as a cafe, and the forums as the dive bar around the corner from that cafe. I like to think that because it makes sense. But really, it's kind of the other way around isn't it. Here you can have a polite disagreement with friendly people. Over there you might get stabbed in the neck or something. Oh well. This whole metaphor has gone to shit but posting anyway because surely someone will get a giggle out of it. Also, a pic from /b/

Haven't been on /b/ for a while, mainly go there for /a/ and /vg/.

Occasionally /s/ too, but you know I'm lying when I say occasionally.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Strid View Post
    Haven't been on /b/ for a while, mainly go there for /a/ and /vg/.

Occasionally /s/ too, but you know I'm lying when I say occasionally.
    Sometimes I go to /wsg/ because none of the gifs on /b/ are worksafe enough to be posted here. /b/ is pretty awesome once you learn to look past the noise and filth. Sometimes people post entire comic books, which strikes me as a cool thing to do. It's not piracy so much as a preview, because the threads don't get archived and it's not like people take the time to save each individual image. I tried doing so the first time I saw it happen, after the first dozen pages I was just like, "why am I doing this...?"

It really is random, almost a perfect online embodiment of chaos itself. Sometimes it even makes you think.

The main reason I've stopped lurking there myself is due to the quality that can come out of 4chan is posted on other sites or friends that lurk the boards pull out the best stuff.

Welcome, just wave and smile

[Level 6: Robot]
    The quality of content on /b/ is aweful these days, it's a very rare occasion there is a real gem. Just /v/, /vg/, and /g/ for me since it's mostly relevent discussion.

Welcome to the forums.