Welcome to the weekly Friday Night Fights planning thread. If you aren't familiar with Friday Night Fights, it's a Destructoid community event where members get together online each Friday to play games. This is where we make up the schedule. The final list will appear on the the PS3 FNF community blog and Destructoid front page on Friday. There is no approval process for players or hosts and everyone is welcome. If you want in, just read the instructions below and drop your info.
Originally Posted by Trev, Czar of the Friday Night Fights
To play: • Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list here can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message here with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
To host: • If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already. If there is anything else, like lobby names, DLC requirements, or passwords, note that as well.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, both here and on the blog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
I'm not generally one for preachy PSA type statements, but I wanted to say, Make sure you tell the people who are important to you that you love them. A very close friend, quite literally the most honest, joyful, and frankly best person I know, passed away this week and it's been too long since I spoke with her. This isn't a call for sympathies (though they're much appreciated) but just remember to keep in touch with the folks who are important in your life. So please, with all of the upcoming holidays, the travel associated, and the occasional grumping at family, to be extra safe, and take your time. Happy Thanksgiving folks.
Sorry about that, just needed to get it out of my system.
VIDEO GAMES! There're lots of big games out these days, Fishy Poops II is out (Cod:Blops II), Dark Souls is awesome as it ever is, and I'm finally going to start playing through Dark Souls as soon as my copy of the disc arrives. Lets hope I've got the nards to actually play it instead of just staring at it like it's going to eat my soul.
Game: Dark Souls
PSN: CornflakeJustice It looks like there are two or three other folks who are interested in playing, I would suggest posting in here this week and trying to get together to play this week. Remember, just because I'm hosting a game doesn't mean you can't host the game as well. Especially in a game like Dark Souls with its rather limited player counts.
PSN: NeoShinGundam (I use it for pretty much everything). I'm definetly up for some 40K, but I doubt I'll be home by 10pm. Is there a cut-off time?
I'm also interested in Dark Souls, but I've only got 1 character beyond Undead Parish and she's at SL357 (iirc) & is Darkmoon Covenant. I know DS has a lot of restrictions on MP, so I don't know if I'll be compatible with the host.
Still, hopefully I can get the chance to join one of tonight's games.